The New Ballistic Theory of Light

Old March 2nd 11, 06:11 AM posted to sci.astro
Henry Wilson DSc

Default The New Ballistic Theory of Light

I have now published a very comprehensive thesis entitled 'The new Ballistic
theory of light'. It will come as a shock to all astronomers when it makes them
realise they have been wasting their whole lives under a terrible delusion.

The paper contains links to VBasic .exe programs that may require a windows OS
to operate. The programs were compiled by me and cannot harm your computer.

http://www.scisite.info/The_new_ball..._of_light.html

Henry Wilson...
Old March 2nd 11, 06:22 AM posted to sci.astro
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Henry Wilson DSc wrote:
I have now published a very comprehensive thesis entitled 'The new Ballistic
theory of light'. It will come as a shock to all astronomers when it makes them
realise they have been wasting their whole lives under a terrible delusion.

The paper contains links to VBasic .exe programs that may require a windows OS
to operate. The programs were compiled by me and cannot harm your computer.

http://www.scisite.info/The_new_ball..._of_light.html

Henry Wilson...

Peer reviewed of course? With a list of their names and credentials?
Old March 2nd 11, 06:41 AM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_39_]

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
|I have now published a very comprehensive thesis entitled 'The new
Ballistic
| theory of light'. It will come as a shock to all astronomers when it makes
them
| realise they have been wasting their whole lives under a terrible
delusion.

| The paper contains links to VBasic .exe programs that may require a
windows OS
| to operate. The programs were compiled by me and cannot harm your
computer.

It's not the computer I'd be worried about, it's the need to compute 21,999
points around an ellipse by accumulated error to find one that was -1 degree
from periapsis when Kepler's equation M = E+e.sin(E) does it directly, for
which the VisualBeginnersAll-purposeSymbolicInstructionCode (VBASIC)
programmer has wasted 11 years of his life under a terrible self-induced
delusion, having never learnt very basic trigonometry.
Readers are advised that Wilson doesn't know the difference between
cos(phi) and cos(psi), he hallucinates multiplying by cos(psi) is
multiplying
by cos(phi) twice as he continues to live under a terrible delusion caused
by
senile dementia.

Old March 2nd 11, 08:57 AM posted to sci.astro
B.Real

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 07:22:21 +0100, Sjouke Burry
wrote:

Henry Wilson DSc wrote:
I have now published a very comprehensive thesis entitled 'The new Ballistic
theory of light'. It will come as a shock to all astronomers when it makes them
realise they have been wasting their whole lives under a terrible delusion.

The paper contains links to VBasic .exe programs that may require a windows OS
to operate. The programs were compiled by me and cannot harm your computer.

http://www.scisite.info/The_new_ball..._of_light.html

Henry Wilson...

Peer reviewed of course? With a list of their names and credentials?

get yourself up to date....you are quite welcome to review it if you want to...

Old March 2nd 11, 09:01 AM posted to sci.astro
B.Real

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 06:41:34 -0000, "Androcles"
wrote:

"Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
.. .
|I have now published a very comprehensive thesis entitled 'The new
Ballistic
| theory of light'. It will come as a shock to all astronomers when it makes
them
| realise they have been wasting their whole lives under a terrible
delusion.

| The paper contains links to VBasic .exe programs that may require a
windows OS
| to operate. The programs were compiled by me and cannot harm your
computer.

It's not the computer I'd be worried about, it's the need to compute 21,999
points around an ellipse by accumulated error to find one that was -1 degree
from periapsis when Kepler's equation M = E+e.sin(E)

You need a function of t not E.

does it directly, for
which the VisualBeginnersAll-purposeSymbolicInstructionCode (VBASIC)
programmer has wasted 11 years of his life under a terrible self-induced
delusion, having never learnt very basic trigonometry.
Readers are advised that Wilson doesn't know the difference between
cos(phi) and cos(psi), he hallucinates multiplying by cos(psi) is
multiplying
by cos(phi) twice as he continues to live under a terrible delusion caused
by
senile dementia.

silly old drunk...

Unless you have a large number of points you can't see what happens when and if
multiple imagery occurs.

Old March 2nd 11, 11:00 AM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_39_]

"B.Real" br@.. wrote in message
| On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 06:41:34 -0000, "Androcles"
| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| |I have now published a very comprehensive thesis entitled 'The new
| Ballistic
| | theory of light'. It will come as a shock to all astronomers when it
makes
| them
| | realise they have been wasting their whole lives under a terrible
| delusion.
| |
| | The paper contains links to VBasic .exe programs that may require a
| windows OS
| | to operate. The programs were compiled by me and cannot harm your
| computer.
|
| It's not the computer I'd be worried about, it's the need to compute
21,999
| points around an ellipse by accumulated error to find one that was -1
degree
| from periapsis when Kepler's equation M = E-e.sin(E)
|
| You need a function of t not E.

Have it your way, M(t) = t - e.sin(t) modulo 2pi/period.

You need a big hand on a clock to measure 6 degrees = minute2degrees(1)
and a little hand on a clock to measure 30 degrees = hour2degrees(1).

When the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 9 it is
it is pi/2 past 3pi/2, aka 9 o'clock.

time = k*angle with constant angular velocity, k a constant.

Kepler would have used Java instead of Beginner's code, but as you
are still a beginner...
http://www.jgiesen.de/kepler/index.html

| does it directly, for
| which the VisualBeginnersAll-purposeSymbolicInstructionCode (VBASIC)
| programmer has wasted 11 years of his life under a terrible self-induced
| delusion, having never learnt very basic trigonometry.
| Readers are advised that Wilson doesn't know the difference between
| cos(phi) and cos(psi), he hallucinates multiplying by cos(psi) is
| multiplying
| by cos(phi) twice as he continues to live under a terrible delusion
caused
| by
| senile dementia.
|
| silly old drunk...

I only drink red wine when in a restaurant, and never touch cheap ozzie
plonk.

| Unless you have a large number of points you can't see what happens when
and if
| multiple imagery occurs.

I can use a million points between any two angles without the ten million
I don't need getting to the first angle.

Old March 2nd 11, 08:26 PM posted to sci.astro
Henry Wilson DSc

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:00:10 -0000, "Androcles"
wrote:

"B.Real" br@.. wrote in message
.. .
| On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 06:41:34 -0000, "Androcles"
| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| |I have now published a very comprehensive thesis entitled 'The new
| Ballistic
| | theory of light'. It will come as a shock to all astronomers when it
makes
| them
| | realise they have been wasting their whole lives under a terrible
| delusion.
| |
| | The paper contains links to VBasic .exe programs that may require a
| windows OS
| | to operate. The programs were compiled by me and cannot harm your
| computer.
|
| It's not the computer I'd be worried about, it's the need to compute
21,999
| points around an ellipse by accumulated error to find one that was -1
degree
| from periapsis when Kepler's equation M = E-e.sin(E)
|
| You need a function of t not E.

Have it your way, M(t) = t - e.sin(t) modulo 2pi/period.

Hahahhaha!
No wonder your program doesn't work

You need a big hand on a clock to measure 6 degrees = minute2degrees(1)
and a little hand on a clock to measure 30 degrees = hour2degrees(1).

When the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 9 it is
it is pi/2 past 3pi/2, aka 9 o'clock.

time = k*angle with constant angular velocity, k a constant.

Kepler would have used Java instead of Beginner's code, but as you
are still a beginner...
http://www.jgiesen.de/kepler/index.html

Do you really think that is easier than MY method?

My program produces and saves all the orbit information needed in about 20
seconds.
After that, brightness curves are produced virtually instantaneously.

If you can improve on 'instantaneous' then please show the world.

| does it directly, for
| which the VisualBeginnersAll-purposeSymbolicInstructionCode (VBASIC)
| programmer has wasted 11 years of his life under a terrible self-induced
| delusion, having never learnt very basic trigonometry.
| Readers are advised that Wilson doesn't know the difference between
| cos(phi) and cos(psi), he hallucinates multiplying by cos(psi) is
| multiplying
| by cos(phi) twice as he continues to live under a terrible delusion
caused
| by
| senile dementia.
|
| silly old drunk...

I only drink red wine when in a restaurant, and never touch cheap ozzie
plonk.

| Unless you have a large number of points you can't see what happens when
and if
| multiple imagery occurs.

I can use a million points between any two angles without the ten million
I don't need getting to the first angle.

My 'acceleration method' uses 300 points but doesn't work beyongd hte critical
distance. THe original 'pulse method' automatically takes over when that
occurs.

Old March 2nd 11, 09:32 PM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_39_]

"Henry Wilson DSc" Hw@.. wrote in message
| On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:00:10 -0000, "Androcles"
| wrote:
|

| "B.Real" br@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 06:41:34 -0000, "Androcles"
| | wrote:
| |
| |
| | "Henry Wilson DSc" ..@.. wrote in message
| | .. .
| | |I have now published a very comprehensive thesis entitled 'The new
| | Ballistic
| | | theory of light'. It will come as a shock to all astronomers when it
| makes
| | them
| | | realise they have been wasting their whole lives under a terrible
| | delusion.
| | |
| | | The paper contains links to VBasic .exe programs that may require a
| | windows OS
| | | to operate. The programs were compiled by me and cannot harm your
| | computer.
| |
| | It's not the computer I'd be worried about, it's the need to compute
| 21,999
| | points around an ellipse by accumulated error to find one that was -1
| degree
| | from periapsis when Kepler's equation M = E-e.sin(E)
| |
| | You need a function of t not E.
|
| Have it your way, M(t) = t - e.sin(t) modulo 2pi/period.
|
| Hahahhaha!
| No wonder your program doesn't work
|
| You need a big hand on a clock to measure 6 degrees = minute2degrees(1)
| and a little hand on a clock to measure 30 degrees = hour2degrees(1).
|
| When the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 9 it is
| it is pi/2 past 3pi/2, aka 9 o'clock.
|
| time = k*angle with constant angular velocity, k a constant.
|
| Kepler would have used Java instead of Beginner's code, but as you
| are still a beginner...
| http://www.jgiesen.de/kepler/index.html
|
| Do you really think that is easier than MY method?

Ease has nothing to do with it. Your method requires quantity for
accuracy, the fewer the points the less accurate it is, and the higher
the eccentricity the less accurate it is.
With Kepler's method the accuracy only depends on the computer's
accuracy. If you and I had 8-bit computers like the Z-80 we'd both
be limited to 256 points. I'd still generate an ellipse whereas you
would generate the ace of spades and it would be obvious. You are
just making excuses for your incompetence. No wonder your program
doesn't work. Hahahhaha!

| My program produces and saves all the orbit information needed in about 20
| seconds.

Speed has nothing to do with it, we can all buy faster computers. You are
just making excuses for your mathematical incompetence. No wonder your
program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!

| After that, brightness curves are produced virtually instantaneously.
|
| If you can improve on 'instantaneous' then please show the world.

I already did with a spreadsheet. No 20 seconds with that.
No wonder your program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!

| | does it directly, for
| | which the VisualBeginnersAll-purposeSymbolicInstructionCode (VBASIC)
| | programmer has wasted 11 years of his life under a terrible
self-induced
| | delusion, having never learnt very basic trigonometry.
| | Readers are advised that Wilson doesn't know the difference between
| | cos(phi) and cos(psi), he hallucinates multiplying by cos(psi) is
| | multiplying
| | by cos(phi) twice as he continues to live under a terrible delusion
| caused
| | by
| | senile dementia.
| |
| | silly old drunk...
|
| I only drink red wine when in a restaurant, and never touch cheap ozzie
| plonk.
|
| | Unless you have a large number of points you can't see what happens
when
| and if
| | multiple imagery occurs.
|
| I can use a million points between any two angles without the ten million
| I don't need getting to the first angle.
|
| My 'acceleration method' uses 300 points but doesn't work beyongd hte
critical
| distance.

It won't work with a higher eccentricity either. No wonder your program
doesn't work.
Hahahhaha!

THe original 'pulse method' automatically takes over when that
| occurs.

My new method used in the spreadsheet makes use of the fact that
brightness is a function of rate of arrival of photon flux. The shorter
the time between photons arriving the greater the brightness. Two
photons a second is brighter than one photon a second (modified
by logarithmic magnitude, of course). That made counting photons
in bins unnecessary and allowed for fewer points.
Still, if you really need a sledgehammer to crack a walnut...
No wonder your program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!

Old March 2nd 11, 09:56 PM posted to sci.astro
Henry Wilson DSc

On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:32:22 -0000, "Androcles"
wrote:

"Henry Wilson DSc" Hw@.. wrote in message
.. .
| On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:00:10 -0000, "Androcles"
| wrote:

| My program produces and saves all the orbit information needed in about 20
| seconds.

Speed has nothing to do with it, we can all buy faster computers. You are
just making excuses for your mathematical incompetence. No wonder your
program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!

| After that, brightness curves are produced virtually instantaneously.
|
| If you can improve on 'instantaneous' then please show the world.

I already did with a spreadsheet. No 20 seconds with that.
No wonder your program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!

| | senile dementia.
| |
| | silly old drunk...
|
| I only drink red wine when in a restaurant, and never touch cheap ozzie
| plonk.
|
| | Unless you have a large number of points you can't see what happens
when
| and if
| | multiple imagery occurs.
|
| I can use a million points between any two angles without the ten million
| I don't need getting to the first angle.
|
| My 'acceleration method' uses 300 points but doesn't work beyongd hte
critical
| distance.

It won't work with a higher eccentricity either. No wonder your program
doesn't work.
Hahahhaha!

Just for you, I have increased the eccentricity range to 0.88. I could easily
make that higher but don't see the point. There wouldn't be many objects
orbiting with that kind of eccentricity anyway.

THe original 'pulse method' automatically takes over when that
| occurs.

My new method used in the spreadsheet makes use of the fact that
brightness is a function of rate of arrival of photon flux. The shorter
the time between photons arriving the greater the brightness. Two
photons a second is brighter than one photon a second (modified
by logarithmic magnitude, of course). That made counting photons
in bins unnecessary and allowed for fewer points.

I graduated to that method several years ago.

I replaced it with the 'acceleration method' that is basically the same but
even simpler.
It requires position and angle of the radius vector of the ellipse for equal
time divisions around the orbit. 300 sample points are ample...better than your
200, which aren't even equally spaced timewise. You also have to adjust the
arrival times of the 'photon pairs' for their emission speeds, which you don't
do..

Still, if you really need a sledgehammer to crack a walnut...
No wonder your program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!

The original 'array' method is still a good back up even if slightly slower. It
is the only one that works properly beyond the critical distance.

My program includes both methods and they produce identical curves.

Old March 3rd 11, 05:26 AM posted to sci.astro
Androcles[_39_]

"Henry Wilson DSc" Hw@.. wrote in message
news | On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 21:32:22 -0000, "Androcles"
| wrote:
|

| "Henry Wilson DSc" Hw@.. wrote in message
| .. .
| | On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 11:00:10 -0000, "Androcles"
| | wrote:
|

| | My program produces and saves all the orbit information needed in about
20
| | seconds.
|
| Speed has nothing to do with it, we can all buy faster computers. You
are
| just making excuses for your mathematical incompetence. No wonder your
| program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!
|

| | After that, brightness curves are produced virtually instantaneously.
| |
| | If you can improve on 'instantaneous' then please show the world.
|
| I already did with a spreadsheet. No 20 seconds with that.
| No wonder your program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!
|

| | | senile dementia.
| | |
| | | silly old drunk...
| |
| | I only drink red wine when in a restaurant, and never touch cheap
ozzie
| | plonk.
| |
| | | Unless you have a large number of points you can't see what happens
| when
| | and if
| | | multiple imagery occurs.
| |
| | I can use a million points between any two angles without the ten
million
| | I don't need getting to the first angle.
| |
| | My 'acceleration method' uses 300 points but doesn't work beyongd hte
| critical
| | distance.
|
| It won't work with a higher eccentricity either. No wonder your program
| doesn't work.
| Hahahhaha!
|
| Just for you, I have increased the eccentricity range to 0.88.

I can go to 0.999.
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...rbit/Orbit.xls

http://geology.com/articles/meteor-s...it-diagram.gif
http://www.nap.edu/jhp/oneuniverse/motion_48-49.html
No wonder your program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!

| THe original 'pulse method' automatically takes over when that
| | occurs.
| |
| My new method used in the spreadsheet makes use of the fact that
| brightness is a function of rate of arrival of photon flux. The shorter
| the time between photons arriving the greater the brightness. Two
| photons a second is brighter than one photon a second (modified
| by logarithmic magnitude, of course). That made counting photons
| in bins unnecessary and allowed for fewer points.
|
| I graduated to that method several years ago.

You still have 22,000 points and are limited to 0.88 eccentricity.
No wonder your program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!

| I replaced it with the 'acceleration method' that is basically the same
but
| even simpler.
| It requires position and angle of the radius vector of the ellipse for
equal
| time divisions around the orbit.

The angle is easy, M(t) = E(t) - e.sin(E(t)).
From that the position is found,
x = SemiMajorAxis.cos(E)
y = SemiMinorAxis.sin(E)
for equal time divisions around the orbit.

| 300 sample points are ample...better than your
| 200, which aren't even equally spaced timewise.

You are just making excuses for your mathematical incompetence.
I only have 100, better than your 22,000. Not only that, but my code is
visible to anyone, it's a spreadsheet, anyone that knows how to
unhide a column can see it, and since it obeys Kepler the points
are equally spaced timewise, you STUPID LYING SHEEPSHAGGER!
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...rbit/Orbit.xls
Your program doesn't work, so you have to invent lies about mine. Hahahhaha!

| You also have to adjust the
| arrival times of the 'photon pairs' for their emission speeds, which you
don't
| do..

I don't have to adjust the arrival times of the 'photon pairs' for their
emission
speeds, you STOOOPID LYING DRUNKARD!
Your program doesn't work, so you have to invent lies about mine as
little eric would. Hahahhaha!

| Still, if you really need a sledgehammer to crack a walnut...
| No wonder your program doesn't work. Hahahhaha!
|
| The original 'array' method is still a good back up even if slightly
slower. It
| is the only one that works properly beyond the critical distance.
|
| My program includes both methods and they produce identical curves.

Your program can't produce
a) a spectrogram,
b) a velocity curve as seen by the observer past the x-over distance,
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...k/AlgolL&V.JPG
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonde...l.velocity.JPG
c) 10,000,000 points or 10 points around an orbit (user's choice),
d) a digital filter for low point count,
e) a drawing of the ellipse as seen by the observer,
f) eccentricity above 0.88,
g) a distance/time graph:
http://www.androcles01.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Doolin'sStar.GIF

shall I go on?