Einstein "Theory of Relativity"

Old February 11th 05, 06:37 AM
Lester Solnin

Default Einstein "Theory of Relativity"

Will someone please, in basic English, how is space curved? I understand it
may have to do with the 4th dimension.....what's that? If this is true, then
pi becomes irrelevant, doesn't it?

--
Les

Old February 16th 05, 12:12 PM

There IS NO simple explanation... Even the scientists that hold to this THEORY
as truth can't really give a good explanation. In my opinion they can't even
give a plausible explanation. (What they have is some CONTRIVED math that
"proves" there point. And if someone wanted they could come up with the math
proofs to show the space is NOT curved. In my opinion space will be proven to
be linear in nature. Until we fully understand ALL of the effects and nature of
GRAVITY we are like a group of blind people trying to describe an elephant.)

You have to remember that we are talking about nothing but THEORIES! Einstein
conceived that space had to be curved so it would FIT into his Grand Unification
Theory.

Experiments have shown that photons ARE affected by gravity and will curve when
passing close to a star... (our sun for example).

As for space being curved... we just have too much more to learn to cast this
THEORY in concrete.

The same for the speed of light being a constant. (In MY view light is only
constant relative to its source... hence the "red shifts" that are noted when
looking at galaxies moving away from us at high speed. Consider that if light
speed was a constant it wouldn't matter what speed the source was moving at or
its direction... the light reaching us would always be the same color for the
same elements being converted... there would be no red shift.)

As for the effects of "time dilation" with speed... I not sure that its not and
effect of gravity and not velocity. Again we are just scratching the surface of
understanding and to say this or that because of some theory is very narrow minded.

Another thing that I believe will be disproved is that the speed of light is as
fast as anything in the universe can move at. We have already shown that we can
propagate electrons, and electronic transmissions, at speeds faster than light
speed in the lab.

We, the human race, must keep challenging these theories if we are to really
learn what we will need to know in order to travel at Faster Than Light speeds
if we want to really explore the galaxy.

As we delve deeper and deeper into the problems that semiconductor makers are
currently having with sub micron geometries and quantum mechanics and the
effects of tunneling we'll learn a lot more about what the real universe is all
about. (The semiconductor industries have come up against a wall the has
prevented them from keeping up with "Moore's Law" related to doubling the speed
of semiconductor devices every 18 months... the snag is at about 4.5-6GHz.
According to Moore's Law they should be making CPUs at about 10GHz by now. They
WILL solve the problems and ALL of science will move into a new era of
controlled tunneling semiconductor devices. (The problem here is that it may
also require cryogenic cooling of the semiconductor devices... Pure speculation
on my part... )

Old February 17th 05, 03:11 AM
Lester Solnin

Thank you for answering my question. I have heard that Einstein's theory
began when trying to explain the orbit of Mercury. I really do not
understand it either for what if Mercury was hit by another planetoid to
move into it's current orbit!

. ..

Old February 17th 05, 07:49 AM
Charles Gilman

The question about Mercury was not how it got into its present orbit, but
why that orbit is stable. In Newtonian theory it required the existence of
another, undiscovered major inner planet, provisionally named Vulcan. Since
all the evidence is that such a planet does not exist (to the point that a
form of the name, Vulcano, has now been given to a MINOR planet in the Main
Belt), there must be an alternative explanation, and Einstein's theory
provides one.

news

Old April 3rd 05, 10:01 AM

Can you be specific proof Einstein Relativy provided regarding the Mercury
planet?

I know Gravity curves space and time. Since Mercury is close to SUN, it has
the MAXIMUM effect sun's gravity.

Old April 3rd 05, 10:16 AM

Hi-,

Curved space and time is a fancy way of saying that planets like earth orbit
around the SUN.

Newton's way of explaination was that earth is always falling into the sun,
meaning that earth is orbiting the sun.

Then Einstein explained that earth follows curvature of space created by sun
gravity. If the space was flat or if the space was not effected by sun's
gravity, earth would escape with tangential speed.

Old April 12th 05, 01:49 PM
dug88

proof of einstein
prefer your proof einstein is in error.
apologies you think the mercury is safe in it's orbit.
a rock of molten lead, mercury, gold, the densest metals, need only a nudge
of a comet to drive this mass into the sun.
sauturn and uranus tend to collect our planet killers.
jupiter is just a failed sun.

you think in 3 or perhaps 4 dimesions.
there is acknowledgement already of ten dimensions.

length, width, girth and time, are silly critia for a universe.
things exist besides this.
what.
no idea
here is an idea option
something is being sucked up into the sun. crash bang boom.
as it's speed increases towards the sun, it creates HARMONICS, in it's wake.
it creates repulsion. actually

well, here is the problem.
in the exact same plane as earth, a planet killer is following.
someday we will use it as a launch station, but who cares.

lift one cubic foot of lead and you will understand, how little anything
effects it's idea of where it is going.

. ..

Old April 13th 05, 08:17 AM
Charles Gilman

The effect of the density of the planet Mercury is to reduce the effect of a
given other mass, in this case a comet, on its motion. It is the comets, the
lightweights of the Solar System, that are easily deflected into the Sun by
the planets, as was observed in August 1979. In general greater mass =
greater stability.

"dug88" wrote in message
[...]

" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

news Thank you for answering my question. I have heard that Einstein's