China launches astronaut

Old October 15th 03, 02:26 AM
Florian

Default China launches astronaut

BBC News says China launched today. The craft is expected to orbit the =
Earth 14 times, returning about 21 hours later. It's early twilight in =
Calif. Hoping to get elements from somewhere. Heavens-above.com doesn't =
have yet.

-Florian
Stargazing.com

Old October 15th 03, 10:08 AM
Simon Pooley

"Florian" wrote in message

BBC News says China launched today. The craft is expected to orbit the Earth 14 times, returning about 21 hours later. It's early twilight in Calif. Hoping to get elements from somewhere. Heavens-above.com doesn't have yet.

-Florian
Stargazing.com

Cheers for the heads up Florian,
I've posted a copy to UKSA
Just for ease here's the link to the BBC article
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/3192330.stm

--
Simon
51:31N 0:38W

Old October 15th 03, 03:20 PM
Florian

Spaceweather.com has info on this morning's passes...

http://spaceweather.com/glossary/s5.html

heavens-above.com also has info now.

-Florian

Old October 15th 03, 06:38 PM
Florian

One of the reports i read said part of the craft may stay in orbit after =
the manned capsule returns to earth. Anyone have details on this?

-Florian

Old October 16th 03, 12:30 AM
W. Snell

From what I've read about earlier missions, the SZ-5 orbital module
will continue to orbit and send back data.

A few weeks ago I saw what I'm rather sure was the SZ-4 orbital module
(or some part of it) during its re-entry.

Old October 19th 03, 01:06 AM
JOHN PAZMINO

F From: "Florian"
F Subject: China launches astronaut
F Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:38:37 -0700
F Organization: http://extra.newsguy.com
F One of the reports i read said part of the craft may stay in orbit after the ma
F nned capsule returns to earth. Anyone have details on this?
F -Florian

Last stage rocket casing is still up there. One news report said a
subsatellite ws released during the flight, but I have nothing more
about that.
The taikonaut ( NOT chinkonaut!) capsule passed over New York in
owl morning of October 15th, but we were under heavy rain and cloud
for all of the passes. The flight ended just as dusk came, so ther
were no chances that evening to see it under clear skies.

---
þ RoseReader 2.52á P005004