ascertainment...

Old August 21st 03, 04:44 AM
Thomas McDonald

Default ascertainment...

"Pietro Sommavilla" wrote in message
om...

snip

I apologise to you (I went in the Dolomite alps for a couple of
days)..ok.. since you know about archaeology, can you explain to us
how was possible for the native south-americans build the Kukulkan's
pyramid (Chichen-itza)
when they did not have technology ?

Pietro,

1. Chichen-itza is in the Yucatan Penninsula of Mexico. It is not
anywhere near South America.

2. The Maya were inheritors of a tradition of monumental building in
stone that was about 2,000 years old when the pyramid you mention was built.
They had plenty of technology; that technology was developed by
Mesoamericans themselves over twenty centuries; and they needed no help from
anyone, terrestrial or otherwise, to do so.

3. You assert (without providing any evidence whatsoever--which is your
job, you know, providing evidence, if you do make assertions) that the
'native south-americans...did not have technology'. That is a stupid
assertion, since humans have had technology in one form or another for over
two million years. However, I suspect that you mean that the Maya who built
Chichen-itza didn't have technology _adequate to the purpose of building
such a complex and subtle monument_. In either case, you assume facts not
in evidence, and ignore facts that _are_ in evidence.

4. If you have a shred of integrity, you'll either support your
assertion; admit that you haven't thought it through well enough; or
actually do the research on the Maya (and predecessor cultures in
Mesoamerica) that would cure your ignorance. I hope you do at least one of
those things. But I've been disappointed in you before, so I won't bet the
farm on it.

P.S.
Hey !..you know, I caught your cousin in Bozen (South Tirol)we had a
conversation about aliens and sci astro...nice guy.

I haven't any cousins in the South Tyrol. I haven't been to any part of
the Tyrol in nearly 40 years.

Tom McDonald

judoka_61

Old August 21st 03, 05:06 AM
Thomas McDonald

"Pietro Sommavilla" wrote in message
om...
Cardinal Chunder wrote in message

Pietro Sommavilla wrote:

http://www.geocities.com/judoka_61/Sock_Puppets

judoka_61

You seem to be arguing from the point of incredulity:

"I cannot understand how X (e.g. pyramids, lines, crystal skulls etc.)
happened, therefore it must be space aliens"

Sadly for you, such an argument is so painfully weak that it's a wonder
that you can't recognise this for yourself without inflicting it on

others.

Just because YOU don't understand does not mean some wacky unsupported
premise is right. Besides which, nothing you cited approaches anything
remotely difficult to understand, either because it is not true, or
because (for example the pictures) it could be accomplished by normal
human beings using everyday materials and tools with no space aliens
required at any stage.

I can well imagine that in two thousand years from now there will be
people making equally stupid assertions when they uncover the channel
tunnel or some other modern structure. After all, we're *much* too
stupid to dig a tunnel under the sea with such precision and such
primitive tools.

Ladies and Gentlemen...
...and the point is...How the primitive native americans could build a
such a perfect-costruction like the pyramid of Kukulkan ...Hello..?

judoka_61

Pietro,

The Native Americans you're talking about are the Late Classic Maya, who
were the inheritors of a regional cultural tradition of large and
increasingly complex stone buildings that was 2,000 years old by the time
they built the pyramid you mention. They were not primative in any way; in
fact, their material and intellectual culture would have equalled or
surpassed that of Europe at the same time (ca. 1000 AD).

You may be ignorant of American archaeology; in another post you seemed
to think Chichen Itza was located in South America, when it is in fact
located in the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico--North America for most,
Mesoamerica for the more technically inclined. If you are ignorant, then
your ignorance can be cured by reading real archaeology works. I suggest _A
Forest of Kings: The Untold Story of the Maya_, 1990, by Linda Shele and
David Freidel, New York, Quill (an affiliate of William Morrow and Company,
Inc.), ISBN # 0-688-11204-8.

If you are not willing to cure your ignorance, and wish willfully to
remain ignorant, then you're a punk, and not at all interested in learning
things. You constantly tell us that you are a seeker--one looking for
answers. Seek, then, and don't continue to make these elementary errors.

Tom McDonald

Old August 21st 03, 05:08 AM
Thomas McDonald

"Pietro Sommavilla" wrote in message
om...
wrote in message

. com...

http://www.geocities.com/judoka_61/Sock_Puppets

Agreed, and anyone who will except the ravings of Nancy or anyone

else on the
internet over the results of an experiment that they did with thier

own hands
is not someone who's statements about anything can be trusted in any

way.

I agree. It takes more than a lack of knowledge about science to
believe Nancy's fantacies. It takes a lack of general human common
sense.

Earthling

Earl Colby Pottinger

Listen.. forget about Nancy-Zetas..
I did not trust her ..as a matter of fact I wrote(subjectrove
it!2003-03-04)
see..

Maybe, this pole shift is not a "magnetic pole shift" which happens
often, but rather a continental shift... this could mean crustal
displacement....ect..ect..

====

Martin Rees an Astrophysicist said that the earth went trough five
cycle of exstintion allready..so why I should not think about some
previous Pole Shift in our dear planet earth ?

judoka_61 & Siberian Mammoth

Pietro,

The previous extinctions were not brought on by a "pole shift"; they
have been rigorously studied and, while there are always loose ends to tie
up, none of them lead to a pole shift.

Tom McDonald

Old August 21st 03, 05:47 AM
Thomas McDonald

Pietro Sommavilla wrote:

[...]

Think about it "Cardinal"..they build city like;Machu Pichu,Perfect
costrution like the pyramid of Kukulkan,and huge signs that we can
notice only from the sky...that's (as you realize) need a lot of
science & technology...
do you agree ?

Pietro,

Yes.

ok..can you explain then why C. Colombo when discover the new
continent found people half naked,with no tecnology ?

Columbus never set foot in Mesoamerica; he never saw the high culture of
the Aztecs and other city-states of Mexico. But Cortez did--and he was both
impressed and fearful. The Spanish only conquered the Aztecs by making
alliances with others of the advanced city-states in Mexico; and even then,
it took years to complete the conquest of the Aztecs.

The Maya, who you seem to think too thick to build sophisticated
pyramids, held off the Conquistadors for a century; and even then,
maintained most of their culture.

Jeez, Pietro, read some of the relevant history. And, just for ****s
and giggles, try studying some American geography. You put Chichen Itza in
South America, for God's sake; and you imagine that the Native Americans
Columbus saw were typical of _all_ Native Americans of the period.
Ignorance. But ignorance is curable by study; can you do it? Will you do
it, Seeker?

they even did
not use wheels...

Wheels do not a civilization make. They used wheels on toys; but,
without large draft animals like horses or oxen, wheels are of very limited
utility. They used rivers and lakes extensively for travel; and much of the
terrain in the areas of high culture were inimicable to wheeled transport.

read..Cardinal read the logs of F.Pizarro or the logs of the several
Spanish-Conquistadores ..no technology at all !

Ignorance. Read Bernal Diaz's, _The Conquest of New Spain_. Read
something of the archaeology of Mesoamerica in real archaeology books. Take
a look at the historical sequence of buildings, raised fields (chinampas),
trade routes, domestication and cultivation of many crops, religious and
philosophical development (again, not the New Age crap you seem to be stuck
in, but real works of scholarship and science), art, mathematics, astronomy,
calendrics, hydrolic engineering, etc.

The conquistadors had very good reasons to pretend that their victims
were inferior; and, since they won, they got to tell the story their way.
The fact is that when Cortez first saw Tenochtitlan, it was larger, cleaner,
more orderly, and more prosperous than any European city of the time. This
business of half-naked primatives is foolish, wrong-headed, and you must be
either ignorant or a racist if you keep believing that after you've been
directed where to go to correct your ignorance.

The Spanish kill almost all of them..because they was..primitive
people..

No, the Spaniards' Indian allies did most of the direct killing of the
Aztecs. Disease did by far the most killing, as the Spanish brought
European diseases that the Americans weren't used to. Hell, measles (mostly
a nusance to Europeans) killed Americans by droves. Smallpox wiped out
whole populations. Technology had nothing to do with that. "Primative"
doesn't enter into it at all.

The Spanish could not understand why the native-americans build Huge
city with road,and water-channel, why people with all that knowledge
about astronomy was living in tha middle of the jungle ..naked..why
they left their town ..Cardinal ? why ? would you agree that someone
else use astronomy ?

Who are you talking about? If you mean the Nazca, they didn't live in
the middle of a jungle and they weren't naked.

would you agree.that someone else made those huge signal that we can
see only from the sky ?

No. The Nazca made them; and nearly all of them are visible while
standing right in the middle of them; those that are larger could be seen
from a low hill. The whole business of "only seen from the sky" is an
artifact of their modern "discovery" by someone flying over them in an
airplane, and romanticising and mystifying their discovery by pretending
that the poor ignorant native couldn't possibly have made them. But they
did.

...would you agree that someone.. departed from
that continent
leaving all that stuff and that those indigenous humans could not use
from their welfare ..'cause they was ..ignorant about everything ?

Why would anyone agree with that? Your premise is totally incorrect,
and is not supported by the real archaeology and anthropology that has been
done on the topics. You have read the woo-woo press; they are in it for the
money, or to grind an axe. Not to learn the truth.

No you will not...maybe you will say..those people got a virus that
make them forget about their science and about their
technology...com'on..just say this..

Why? Humans did all the great things you think they couldn't have done;
modern science has shown that to be true; and only your woo-woo writers like
Von Daniken and Hancock spin the yarn you've wrapped yourself in.

For a Seeker of Truth, you are really poor at seeking truth.

Ladies & Gentlemen..I rest my case..its up to you now..

You have made no case. You've spewed lots of New Age crap, and not
supported any of it (except a pitiful tangential reference to Pizzaro). You
have to provide evidence to make your case, evidence that others can read
and evaluate.

If you rest your case now, in any court in the world you'd lose before
the jury had a chance to deliberate--your case would be thrown out by the
judge for being totally inadequate.

Tom McDonald

judoka_61

Old August 21st 03, 05:49 AM
Thomas McDonald

"Earl Colby Pottinger" wrote in message
Cardinal Chunder :

Pietro Sommavilla wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen...
...and the point is...How the primitive native americans could build a
such a perfect-costruction like the pyramid of Kukulkan ...Hello..?

judoka_61

Because these 'primitive' Indians were not a bunch of knuckle dragging
morons? They were a sophisticated people with a written language, a
counting system, plus the artisans, priests, mathematicians,
administrators and labour neccessary to construct a stone building.

And did they start with a massive pyramid, or build up to it through
progressive steps? The archeological record makes clear it was the
latter, something you'd learn if you bothered to spend even 30 minutes
researching something before opening your yap.

As I'm feeling generous, I'll provide you with a few links to get you
going, though I doubt you have the brains to read or accept what they

say.

http://www.thehallofmaat.com/
http://www.intersurf.com/~chalcedony/wildside.shtml
http://www.ontalink.com/archaeology/maya/
http://www.ontalink.com/archaeology/aztecs/index.html

After all, why look at that dry research about boring stuff people find
in the ground or from actually studying the ruins when you can let your
imagination fill in the massive gaps with space aliens?

Please notice this is just an excuse by Pietro to direct attention away

from
the fact that he has never admitted that Nancy lied to him, or that he

has
never admitted that Planet X never existed.

Earl Colby Pottinger

Earl,

Yup. Ol' Pietro is of the 'baffle 'em with bull****' school. Problem
is that there are just too damn many bull**** detectors in the ng.

Tom McDonald

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to

Old August 21st 03, 05:54 AM
Thomas McDonald

"Pietro Sommavilla" wrote in message
om...
Dear..Earl Colby Pottinger as I told you before,I did not trust the
Zetas because:1)The lied more than one time.
2)I've read different sorces about them and why they
lie.

Ok ?.. meanwhile I've read also about some kind of people that are
trying to decive too ..
you're not better than the Zetas...period

so again.. why the Mayan abandoned their great city for no know reason
?
Who build those perfect costrutions ? is maybe because the Mayan did
not have the tecnology to make a big city function ?

Pietro,

Some Maya (NOT Mayan) cities were abandoned because of warfare. The
rest were abandoned as a result of a long drought that made it impossible to
feed a large, concentrated urban population. You're reading outdated
information if you think the Maya collapse is a mystery.

The Maya built the 'perfect constructions'; although some of them were
built using Toltecs during a certain period.

They had the technology and the governing ability to make big cities
function. They didn't have the technology to make it rain. Do you? If
not, are you a half-naked primative?

Tom McDonald

Old August 21st 03, 11:10 AM
DrPostman

On 20 Aug 2003 12:31:40 -0700, (Pietro
Sommavilla) wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen...
...the point is...How the primitive native americans could build a
such a perfect-costruction like the pyramid of Kukulkan ...Hello..?

What makes them "perfect"? There are plenty of flaws, but you
have never been there so you simply assume. You have made a
fool of yourself again.

Think about it "Cardinal"..they build city like;Machu Pichu,Perfect
costrution like the pyramid of Kukulkan,and huge signs that we can
notice only from the sky...that's (as you realize) need a lot of
science & technology...
do you agree ?

Now you are mixing the Mayan with the Nazca. We know all about both
and how what they did was made. The hills around Nazca allow plenty
of ability to see the patterns they wrote to mark their underground
irrigation channels. What that Pietro? You didn't know about those
channels? I am not surprised. You know so little and assume so much.
Continue to make a fool of yourself, I find it entertaining.

ok..can you explain then why C. Colombo when discover the new
continent found people half naked,with no tecnology ? they even did
not use wheels...
read..Cardinal read the logs of F.Pizarro or the logs of the several
Spanish-Conquistadores ..no technology at all !

They had plenty of technology, you dolt.

The Spanish kill almost all of them..because they was..primitive
people..

The Spanish could not understand why the native-americans build Huge
city with road,and water-channel, why people with all that knowledge
about astronomy was living in tha middle of the jungle ..naked..why
they left their town ..Cardinal ? why ? would you agree that someone
else use astronomy ?

When did they become naked? Are you really this ****ed up about
history?

would you agree.that someone else made those huge signal that we can
see only from the sky ?..would you agree that someone.. departed from

You don't know **** about Nazca.

No you will not...maybe you will say..those people got a virus that
make them forget about their science and about their
technology...com'on..just say this..

Ladies & Gentlemen..I rest my case..its up to you now..

judoka_61

You rested upon a pile of crap. Enjoying the stench?

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors of afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® member #15-51506-253.

"The services provided by Sylvia Browne Corporation are highly
speculative in nature and we do not guarantee that the results
of our work will be satisfactory to a client."
-Sylvia's Refund Policy