Houston Houston, do you hear me?

Old August 29th 17, 09:11 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

Default Houston Houston, do you hear me?

Global warming doesn't exist. And Houston has disappeared.

6.5 Million people trapped in a new lake. That is rising and rising.

The first leevee has broken, the waters go slowly in. Like an horror
film in slow motion.

6.5 million people that need to eat and take water every day. Everything
seems quite broken and no real relief for those people is in sight.

President Trump proposes to cut the budget of the FEMA and other relief
agencies since global warming doesn't exist and catastrophes can't happen.

Never before Houston has seen this. And this is a warning for the whole
planet:

Global warming doesn't exist.

Gulf waters were more than 1 degree warmer than before.

Before the thing starts accelerating. Let's say last century. Just a
coincidence.

And the atmosphere is warmer too. Can hold more water vapor.

A warm dry climate, punctuated by catastrophic floods.

South Asia monsoon floods leave hundreds dead and thousands of homes
destroyed says

http://news.sky.com/story/south-asia...royed-11011441

And Houston has disappeared. A big lake will stay put for weeks, ending
the total destruction of the city. Like an horror film in slow motion.

Not so slow for the 6.5 million people in their homes with mounting
waters and no water or food. I haven't heard about any actual solution
to feed and distribute water to all those people now.

Nobody speaks about that, Houston Houston, do you hear me?

Old August 29th 17, 10:24 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

jacob navia wrote:

Global warming doesn't exist. And Houston has disappeared.

Nothing to do with each other. Read up on what causes hurricanes.

snip

President Trump proposes to cut the budget of the FEMA and other relief
agencies since global warming doesn't exist and catastrophes can't happen.

The two have nothing to do with each other. Read up on politics.

Never before Houston has seen this. And this is a warning for the whole
planet:

Poppycock.

Global warming doesn't exist.

Gulf waters were more than 1 degree warmer than before.

One warm year does not a climate change make. Getting warmer does not
a human caused climate change make.

When we get the next cold swing is 'global warming' disproven, then?

territory."
--G. Behn
Old August 30th 17, 06:01 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Peter Stickney[_2_]

On Tue, 29 Aug 2017 14:24:09 -0700, Fred J. McCall wrote:

jacob navia wrote:

Global warming doesn't exist. And Houston has disappeared.

Nothing to do with each other. Read up on what causes hurricanes.

snip

President Trump proposes to cut the budget of the FEMA and other relief
agencies since global warming doesn't exist and catastrophes can't
happen.

The two have nothing to do with each other. Read up on politics.

FEMA Disaster relief doesn't work that way - there is no fixed budget for
disaster - there never can be. After a Federal Declaration is made,
Congress is requested to pass a continuing resolution to provide funds
for relief. (This can be a political football - partisan politics comes
into play)
And yes - that's what the Federal Government Disaster Aid does - it
doesn't do the feeding or the rescuing (Although agencies such as the
Coast Guard, and the Air Force may be performing activities as part of
their normal Search and Rescue functions) - those are performed on the
local level, where it should be.
The Fed shows up to pass out money to help people fix their stuff, and to
coordinate multi-state efforts.

Never before Houston has seen this. And this is a warning for the whole
planet:

Poppycock.

Flood waters have been higher in that area, and not that long ago.
Galveston was shaved clean by a Hurricane in 1900 that is still the most
deadly natural disaster to hit the U.S.

--
Pete Stickney
“A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many
Old August 30th 17, 12:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

On 2017-08-29 17:24, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Global warming doesn't exist. And Houston has disappeared.

Nothing to do with each other. Read up on what causes hurricanes.

Actually yes. Cyclones/Hurricanes/Typhoons are caused by warm ocean
waters (above 30). The warmer the ocean, the more and the stronger
extreme cyclones get.

So warmer oceans will result in more frequent extreme weather events.

Actually no. Severe storms only correlate very loosely to warm ocean
waters in general and correlate much more strongly to a strong El Nino
and the Decadal Oscillation, neither of which is related at all to
global warming.

If it was just warmer water, we should have an ever increasingly
violent storm season and that just isn't happening.

One warm year does not a climate change make. Getting warmer does not
a human caused climate change make.

One good measure is percentage of news events that are weather related,
and this has been increasing steadily.

No, that's a pathetic measure unless what you're trying to measure is
media views of what story might have 'legs'.

snip idiotic ideologue items

territory."
--G. Behn
Old August 30th 17, 03:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

On 2017-08-29 17:24, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Global warming doesn't exist. And Houston has disappeared.

Nothing to do with each other. Read up on what causes hurricanes.

Actually yes. Cyclones/Hurricanes/Typhoons are caused by warm ocean
waters (above 30). The warmer the ocean, the more and the stronger
extreme cyclones get.

So warmer oceans will result in more frequent extreme weather events.

Actually no. Severe storms only correlate very loosely to warm ocean
waters in general and correlate much more strongly to a strong El Nino
and the Decadal Oscillation, neither of which is related at all to
global warming.

If it was just warmer water, we should have an ever increasingly
violent storm season and that just isn't happening.

Oh, and just by the way, the reason this particular storm dropped so
much rain is that it came ashore and 'stalled' over the region. That
has nothing to do with much of anything but chance.

Old August 30th 17, 06:47 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

I said:

And Houston has disappeared. A big lake will stay put for weeks, ending
the total destruction of the city. Like an horror film in slow motion.

Not so slow for the 6.5 million people in their homes with mounting
waters and no water or food. I haven't heard about any actual solution
to feed and distribute water to all those people now.

Nobody speaks about that, Houston Houston, do you hear me?

And in the answers nobody speaks about that. There are now millions of
people that need to be fed and provided with at least running water to
drink. In this new lake there are a lot of people, the city, as their
major said, is submerged.

I do not see any news about the mass distributions of food and water.

What are they waiting for?

The population is latino, then blacks, and asians. "Whites" make around
30% only. Mr Trump is known for his animosity against this populations,
specially the latinos.

Are they condemmed to die of thirst and hunger or what?

Old August 30th 17, 08:07 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

jacob navia wrote:

I said:

And Houston has disappeared. A big lake will stay put for weeks, ending
the total destruction of the city. Like an horror film in slow motion.

Not so slow for the 6.5 million people in their homes with mounting
waters and no water or food. I haven't heard about any actual solution
to feed and distribute water to all those people now.

Nobody speaks about that, Houston Houston, do you hear me?

And in the answers nobody speaks about that. There are now millions of
people that need to be fed and provided with at least running water to
drink. In this new lake there are a lot of people, the city, as their
major said, is submerged.

I do not see any news about the mass distributions of food and water.

What are they waiting for?

Your ignorance does not affect reality.

The population is latino, then blacks, and asians. "Whites" make around
30% only. Mr Trump is known for his animosity against this populations,
specially the latinos.

Hogwash.

Are they condemmed to die of thirst and hunger or what?

Your ignorance doesn't kill anyone, fortunately.

territory."
--G. Behn
Old August 30th 17, 08:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

On 2017-08-30 07:52, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Actually no. Severe storms only correlate very loosely to warm ocean
waters in general and correlate much more strongly to a strong El Nino

Hurricanes, Cyclones, Typhoons correlate DIRECTLY with warm ocean waters
as this is the fuel which creates them. They are only created over
tropical ocean waters, requiring at least 30 waters to generate the
kind of energy for such systems to be created.

Wrong. Go study up on hurricanes and their formation. If what you
claim is true we would have ever increasingly severe and frequent
hurricanes because of 'global warming'. We don't. Explain.

The wsarmer the ocean, the more frequent very strong
hurricanes/cyclones/typhoos are created.

Again, only loosely correlated.

Thunderstorms, tornoadoes are totally different beasts.

Tell the guy who originally lumped them all together.

Note that Harvey hit shores as a Cat 4. This is not a weak storm and the
winds causes horrendous damage on shores. Just because media is forcus
on urban flooding (easier to cover) does not detract from the damage
done on shores.

Actually in countries like the US winds tend to be the LEAST damaging
component of a hurricane. Other than breaking glass, most structures
will stand up pretty well.

In the case of Sandy, the winds pushed salt water onto lower Manhattan,
flooding telecom infrastructure (Verizon decided to ditch all copper
instead of trying to fix it), and ruined railway tunnels. Salt water
doesn't come from rain.

This ain't Sandy and even that behaving the way it did was an anomaly.
See Hurricane Irene that hit the same area for an example. The
biggest problem created by storm surge from Harvey is that it prevents
the FOUR FEET of rain from draining.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old August 31st 17, 04:39 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

On 2017-08-30 15:21, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Wrong. Go study up on hurricanes and their formation.

I did. Lived though Olivia in 1996, had to ride my bike on roads already
closed to get to shelter to live though a Cat 4 cyclone in northwest
Western Australia. Warm ocean waters are what creates them. Needs to be
above 30 which is why they are called TROPICAL events since they doN't
happen outside of tropics where ocean waters are not warm enough to
create a storm of such size AND energy.

There's much more to it than that.

The warmer the water, the stronger and more energy such a storm has.

Can have, not has.

Again, only loosely correlated.

Not loosely. It is a pure cause/effect issue. When waters cool in a
hemisphere, these events stop being created. Hence Hurricane season in
Atlantic.

OK, you're adamantly ignorant. Your choice. Again, given global
warming, why do we not have constantly increasing storm power and
frequency (because we don't, you know)?

snip ****e

You're a nitwit and you're hardly the only person to have been in a
storm.

-- Thomas Jefferson
Old August 31st 17, 09:34 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Rob[_8_]

Fred J McCall wrote:
OK, you're adamantly ignorant. Your choice. Again, given global
warming, why do we not have constantly increasing storm power and
frequency (because we don't, you know)?

Because global warming only means the AVERAGE temperature is going
up. The ACTUAL temperature, both locally and globally, varies around
that average and is not higher everywhere and always.

Everyone except Donald and you understands that.

AIAA Houston Al Space Station 0 October 31st 07 08:27 PM
Houston, You Have a Problem Danny Deger Space Shuttle 101 July 25th 07 12:07 AM
Houston, You Have a Problem Danny Deger Space Shuttle 9 July 21st 07 02:42 AM
Houston, You Have a Problem Danny Deger Space Station 9 July 21st 07 02:42 AM
"Houston, we've got a problem" jjustwwondering Policy 0 March 7th 04 09:38 AM