The EM drive gets another mention

Old April 25th 16, 02:43 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default The EM drive gets another mention

In article ,
says...

Jeff Findley wrote:

In article ,
says...
The link you posted includes the Major Matt
Mason Supernaut Power-Limbs Pack (a child's plastic toy) and pictures of
the power-suit special effects miniature model used for the stop motion
animation sequences in Aliens.

If you look at the designers of that plastic toy, and the writers for the screenplays they had access to and were aware of Cornell's research results for a time. That science has remained classified to this day. So, any reference is reduced to these sources. This suggests that your attempt to ridicule the science I have presented as science fiction is misplaced.

So it's super top secret, but the movie makers and toy makers know more
than everyone else. That makes zero sense Mook.

Don't forget Mook. Mook knows more than everybody else, too.

Of course. Everything is a conspiracy with Mook. But the truth is "out
there" if you look hard enough. :-/

It's time for you to go back into the killfile. You're freaking nuts.

This is news?

Unfortunately, no. :-(

Jeff
Old April 25th 16, 03:31 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 11:36:27 AM UTC+12, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...
The link you posted includes the Major Matt
Mason Supernaut Power-Limbs Pack (a child's plastic toy) and pictures of
the power-suit special effects miniature model used for the stop motion
animation sequences in Aliens.

If you look at the designers of that plastic toy, and the writers for the screenplays they had access to and were aware of Cornell's research results for a time. That science has remained classified to this day. So, any reference is reduced to these sources. This suggests that your attempt to ridicule the science I have presented as science fiction is misplaced.

So it's super top secret,

Yes.

but the movie makers and toy makers know more
than everyone else.

I didn't say that. I said its the best available online resource, flawed as it is.

That makes zero sense Mook.

What you said makes zero sense. On that we agree.

It's time for you to go back into the killfile.

That would be you.

You're freaking nuts.

I'm perfectly sane. You are the one who cannot speak civilly to someone who is more intelligent than you.

Jeff

Old April 25th 16, 03:49 PM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 1:43:53 PM UTC+12, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Jeff Findley wrote:

In article ,
says...
The link you posted includes the Major Matt
Mason Supernaut Power-Limbs Pack (a child's plastic toy) and pictures of
the power-suit special effects miniature model used for the stop motion
animation sequences in Aliens.

If you look at the designers of that plastic toy, and the writers for the screenplays they had access to and were aware of Cornell's research results for a time. That science has remained classified to this day. So, any reference is reduced to these sources. This suggests that your attempt to ridicule the science I have presented as science fiction is misplaced.

So it's super top secret, but the movie makers and toy makers know more
than everyone else. That makes zero sense Mook.

Don't forget Mook. Mook knows more than everybody else, too.

I know a lot. Probably a lot more than you care to learn. However, its Jeff's statement that makes zero sense. I didn't say what he attributes to me here.

Of course. Everything is a conspiracy with Mook.

Nonsense. You cannot think clearly or independently of what the media programs you to think.

Its clear that the USG has secrets to keep. Some of those secrets are of a technical nature.

The man amplifier work done at Cornell was developed at the same time nuclear power sources for artificial hearts were developed. Both of these disappeared from the media during LBJs presidency, and didn't reappear until recently. Compact nuclear power never re-appeared. Much of the work on man amplifiers is still secret. All of the work on compact nuclear power is still secret.

The people who worked on these programmes disappeared a well, and re-appeared after retirement in the 1980s.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-missions.html

The NR-1 is an example of a secret system. Built in 1969, its still in service, and no one really knew about it until the wreckage of the Challenger was recovered using it. It was used to place listening devices on Russian and European and Asian subsea cables, and other even more secret missions.

Its compact nuclear power source is the key to its success. Smaller power sources, with powered suits would make even more capable systems possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zub-8BZaa4

Consider this hardshell atmospheric diving suit. The ability to use ultrasonic rotating drives on the joints to power it, under computer control responding naturally to movements of the operator sensed by a compact on board computer, powered by a compact nuclear power plant that operates a full recycling atmospheric system... If the NR-1 was secret, something like this would STILL be secret.

But the truth is "out
there" if you look hard enough. :-/

The difference between pseudo science and science is the ability to falsify your statements. Falsify my statements dude. You can't. They're reasonable. You hatred of me, not so much.

It's time for you to go back into the killfile. You're freaking nuts.

This is news?

Unfortunately, no. :-(

Tell me you don't want me to post here again. I will depart and not return.. I'm only here because people asked me to come back. What's so hard about that? Hm? Just say you want me not to post to your special group, and I will not come back. No, rather than do that, you'd rather rant hate speech against me.

Do you want me to leave and not post again? I would happily comply with such a request.

Jeff

Old April 26th 16, 09:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 12:48:38 AM UTC+12, Jeff Findley wrote:
In article ,
says...

Perhaps he's got a working structured silicene aneutronic fusion reactor
in his garage,

Silicene can be engineered to be an efficient piezoelectric material.

http://engineering.stanford.edu/news...ctric-graphene

Piezoelectric materials can be used to create tremendously strong electric fields, sufficient to initate nuclear transformations.

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture03575.html

Which can be multiplied with the right mix of materials and the right geometry.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a196877.pdf

Especially when compressed to high densities.

http://link.springer.com/article/10....2463779#page-1

A one inch diameter device compressed to 170 micron diameter device using high speed theta pinch, releases the equivalent of 14 tons of TNT (58 GJ) in a very short time, which can be used with Lithium-Deuteride, to multiply the detonation to any size. Shaping the detonations allow the direction of energy to produce thrust yielding 3000 tons of force or more.

A large number of devices forming the heart of swarming robots can be projected as well, to create pressure pulses of any size and shape to carry out a number of operations.

58 GJ releases sufficient energy to vaporise 1,290 kg of rock, a sphere that's about 1 meter in diameter, to produce a stream of ions that uses time of flight mass spectrometry to separate the atomic species down to the individual isotopes. A continuous stream of bomblets are used to extracti materials from the ion stream to build using 3D print additive manufacturing technologies, to maintain the rate of production and process large volumes of materials very rapidly.

Old April 29th 16, 01:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

Reducing the pellet from 25.4 mm to 1.0 mm in diameter, reduces the yield from 14,000 kg TNT equivalent to 854 gram TNT equivalent yield. That's going from 58,000 MJ to 3.5 MJ. This is about 100 milliliters of petrol equivalent. If used in an automobile that uses 9 litres per 100 km, means that 90 pellets are detonated per 100 km. Travelling at 133 km/hr (82 mph)- 120 pellets per hour are detonated per hour or one every 30 seconds.

550 detonations per second producing thrust directly with the high speed exhaust products produces 181 kgf. Mixing inert matter with this high energy flow increases thrust with the same rate of detonation. A rocket belt or air car that has interplanetary range!

http://www.economist.com/node/21548491

And with this source of power, homes will take to the sky, as portrayed in the movie 'Oblivion'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmIIgE7eSak

Old April 29th 16, 01:45 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 12:28:55 PM UTC+12, William Mook wrote:
[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9m6KzRMWnA

Sky Tower - the coolest house ever! lol. A compact fusion plant powering controlled jets of air, provide sustained lift for sky homes and flying vehicles, that are also capable of interplanetary flight - which totally changes our relationship to Earth and each other.

Old May 20th 16, 01:09 AM posted to sci.space.policy
William Mook[_2_]

On Friday, April 29, 2016 at 12:45:34 PM UTC+12, William Mook wrote:
[...]

https://www.scribd.com/doc/62745980/Flying-Home

A 25 meter diameter dome of the type shown here accelerates air around the periphery of the dome and creates a low pressure region. This is the Coanda effect. Air is moved from the region above the dome and ejected around the edges. To create a static lift of 300 metric tons, requires a velocity of 100 m/sec. (360 kph) at sea level. This requires 291.6 megawatts.

Now, Lithium-6 Deuterium fusion (Jetter Cycle) release 22.4 MeV per molecule. This si 270 trillion joules per kilogram. This means about 3.41 kg of Lithium-6 Deuteride can sustain this propulsion system just described for a year. 3.41 tons of lithium deuteride can sustain this for 1000 years.

Is that right? Let's see... 22.4 megaelectronvolt is equal to 3.588876e-12 Joules. Multiplied by Avogadro's number 6.023e+23 obtains 2.161580E+12 Joules per mole. Now a mole of Lithium-6 is 6 grams and a mole of Deuterium is 2 grams. A total of 8 grams. So, divide that figure by 0.008 to obtain 2.701975E+14 Joules/kg. Divide this into 291.6 megawatts to obtain 1.08 micrograms per second. 3.89 milligrams per hour. 3.41 kg/year. Yep.

Now accelerating at 2 gees toward the moon, maintaining local gravity plus one gee, and arriving at the moon at 1 + 1/6 gee - takes 3 hours 26 minutes 28.8 seconds. Total delta vee 135 km/sec. Out and back at one gee 270 km/sec. To achieve this speed requires 1.74 metric tons of Lithium-6 Deuterium.

Today (May 20, 2016) the distance from Earth to Mars is quite low, only 7.684x10^10 meters (47.75 million miles). 2 days 1 hour 49 minutes travel time. It takes 21.78 tons of Lithium Deuteride to execute this trip.
Old May 30th 16, 05:12 AM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

16 Predictions of quantized inertia where experiments
could validate the predictions and the theory:

"Dr. Mike McCulloch, Lecturer in Geomatics, had created a model for inertia
called: Modified inertia by a Hubble-scale Casimir effect (MiHsC) or quantized
inertia. Nextbigfuture covered it a few months ago. Mike uses it to explain the
controversial emDrive."

"12. MiHsC predicts the emdrive (if it is assumed that photons have inertial
mass) by saying crudely that more Unruh waves fit into the wide end than the
narrow. It follows that if the narrow end was fine-tuned to fit the individual
Unruh waves better, despite being narrower, then the emdrive thrust should be
reversible. MiHsC also predicts that the speed of light should change inside
the emdrive."

See:

http://nextbigfuture.com/2016/05/16-...d-inertia.html