Our Taboo/Nondisclosure Moon

Old December 2nd 06, 10:58 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
TeaTime

Default Our Taboo/Nondisclosure Moon

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:eaceb2ee84e4bbbfbf7983a2188d21ef.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...
You'd think, but thus far the types of folks in ROM seem as though
rather deathly afraid of their own shadow, especially those shadows of
having depicted their brown noses continually sucked up to the
infomercial buttology of whatever their status quo collective mindset
has to say.
-
Brad Guth

Oh - you mean they're set in their ways and not open to new ideas? Surely
not - what odd fellows!

Old December 2nd 06, 10:59 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Cindy Anna Jones

"Brad Guth" wrote lots o' crap in message
news:631f0dd7a9ec92e258b44848cbd08807.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...

So did Venus kick your butt?

Old December 3rd 06, 01:32 AM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"TeaTime" wrote in message

Oh - you mean they're set in their ways and not open to new ideas? Surely
not - what odd fellows!

Looking at the sorts of past ROM topics, and of the pathetic if any
constructive replies is proof enough that I'm right. If there's
supposedly actual expertise within ROM, as such it's in stealth mode.

These ROM folks are not only set in their ways, but having been rather
nicely mindset as to only reinforcing upon whatever least rocks thy
mainstream status quo boat (aka Old Testament good ship LOLLIPOP).

I have a perfectly good though somewhat testy list of ROM worthy topics,
whereas none of which are being attended to or otherwise shared because
of all the lose cannons and/or boat rocking nature they each represent.
-
Brad Guth

Old December 3rd 06, 09:24 AM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa,cam.misc
Paul Mc

'foolsrushin.' wrote:
Brad, just get your ass over to rec.org,mensa, and shout about it, and
I promise I'll dig in a bit, thereafter.
--'
foolsrushin.'

Brad Guth wrote:
Most folks are still not being allowed to appreciate our moon's L1. Of
course, most Americans are still pretty much dumbfounded and/or having
been snookered about a great many such important things in this
infomercial skewed life as we've been allowed to know of. Perhaps those
more intelligent members in support of the China National Space
Administration/CNSA are as such less snookered than we're giving them
credit for.

Basically, the average free-gravity-zone of this moon L1 is supposedly
r33.5~r34 away from the moon and otherwise merely r51 from Earth
(unfortunately there's still no hard-scientific and thus independently
replicated proof of such actually being the case of those specific
numbers), that's worthy of obtaining micro if not nano and even pico
gravity, although nearly any +/- adjustment in the net gravity can be
accommodated and rather efficiently interactively sustained.

Within this interactive moon L1 pocket (+/- wherever it has to be) there
should be as little as 1% the atoms/cm3 and of the required velocity is
roughly 9 fold less than LEO (those factors alone represent a rather
huge reduction in orbital friction, and thereby greatly minimizing
station-keeping energy demands). There's also no pesky gauntlet of Van
Allen belt radiation or SAA like nasty pocket of magnetosphere stored
radiation. It's also nearly always sunny as well as having either
earthshine and/or moonshine at your disposal, and of that moonshine so
happens to include a great deal of useful secondary/recoil photons in
the IR/FIR spectrum, plus offering loads of gamma and hard-X-rays
because there's so little mass between L1 and the highly reactive naked
surface of the physically dark and cosmic morgue that's represented by
our moon.

The moon's L1 is not technically a problem for most robotics, however
our frail DNA will demand a great amount of shielding that's similar to
8 meters of water, and for any long term (multi year) human involvement
demanding 16 meters of water unless an artificial magnetosphere can be
sustained. There's also the pesky matter of having to survive various
meteors of potentially lethal flak that isn't the least bit moderated in
velocity nor being gravity diverted.

This fancy enough "Clarke Station" document that's nicely revised and
certainly rather interesting but otherwise seriously outdated,
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/publications...aryland01b.pdf
not to mention way under-shielded unless incorporating 8+ meters of
water plus having somehow established an artificial magnetosphere, or
perhaps incorporating 16+ meters of h2o if w/o magnetosphere (shielding
that's necessary because it's parked within 60,000 km from our
physically dark and otherwise highly reactive moon that's continually
providing such a not so DNA friendly TBI worth of gamma and
hard-X-rays), is simply a downright deficient document about sharing the
positive science and constructive habitat/depot considerations for
utilizing the moon's L1. In fact, there's hardly any mention of the
tremendous L1 benefits to humanity, much less as to space exploration or
the daunting task of salvaging our mascon warmed environment, and it's
still not having squat to do with any primary task of actually
developing, exploiting or otherwise terraforming the moon itself.

On the other hand, whereas the CM/ISS portion of the LSE which I've
proposed offers 50t/m2 of outter shell or hull shielding for
accommodating the 1e9 m3 interior, thereby multiple decades if not an
entire lifetime can be afforded, as to safely accommodating our frail
DNA. That may seem like a rather great amount of tonnage deployment,
though eventually 99.9% is derived from the moon itself. Of course,
don't mind anything that I have to suggest, whereas you can keep
thinking as small and/or as insignificant as you'd like. However, our
having remained as LEO/terrestrial sequestered isn't going to help us
explore, pillage and rape the other planets and of their moons, not to
mention the mining and/or possible terraforming potential of digging
into our very own global warming moon that's chuck full of nifty and
rare elements.

I guess what's needed is an open mindset that isn't afraid of it's own
shadow, that isn't afraid of making a few honest mistakes nor
demonstrating that perhaps we're not exactly the smartest nor the most
entitled species of DNA in this universe. (sorry about that)
-
Brad Guth

A subject worthy of discussion. Has Arthur C expressed an opinion about
it?

Paul

Old December 3rd 06, 05:33 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Cindy Anna Jones" wrote in message

"Brad Guth" wrote lots o' crap in message
news:631f0dd7a9ec92e258b44848cbd08807.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...

So did Venus kick your butt?

Silly (literally) that you should ask, as I simply and quite honestly
had long time ago interpreted a few good SAR obtained images of Venus,
as having clearly depicted that something highly intelligent had
existed/coexisted on Venus. I bet that statement alone is simply too
complicated for your mindset.

What sorts of other than Earth's terrestrial form of intelligent life
might have been involved, as with their having survived upon Venus?

BTW; Why are you avoiding the primary topic that's pertaining to our
moon, that's in charge of global warming us to death as of the last ice
age?

If nothing else, just tell us whatever it is that you do or don't
believe in.
-
Brad Guth

Old December 3rd 06, 11:30 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Paul Mc" wrote in message
ups.com

A subject worthy of discussion. Has Arthur C expressed an opinion about
it?

I obviously agree, but what's your honest give or take?

BTW; who is this "Arthur C"? (other than the 90 year old fart of Arthur
C. Clarke himself)
-
Brad Guth

Old December 4th 06, 12:29 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Paul Mc

Brad Guth wrote:
"Paul Mc" wrote in message
ups.com

A subject worthy of discussion. Has Arthur C expressed an opinion about
it?

I obviously agree, but what's your honest give or take?

BTW; who is this "Arthur C"? (other than the 90 year old fart of Arthur
C. Clarke himself)
-
Brad Guth

Yes I meant him (shortened becuase he was referenced in your university
document) and he's given good service to the space business over the
last sixty years and generally has a trenchant view of such matters.

I'm no expert on gravitational or radiological issues but have
considerable experience in marketing commercial satellites and so was
wondering what comunications possibilities this idea might afford. As I
non-expert I have difficulty envisaging its 'orbit' when viewed from
the Earth or the Moon (being used to simple concepts like
geo-stationary or LEO.

I also thought it a worthy subject for discussion within cam.misc, but
it seems to have been diappeared from there already.

Paul

Old December 4th 06, 05:01 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
TeaTime

"Paul Mc" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm no expert on gravitational or radiological issues but have
considerable experience in marketing commercial satellites and so was
wondering what comunications possibilities this idea might afford. As I
non-expert I have difficulty envisaging its 'orbit' when viewed from
the Earth or the Moon (being used to simple concepts like
geo-stationary or LEO.

I also thought it a worthy subject for discussion within cam.misc, but
it seems to have been diappeared from there already.

The Lagrange points are positions where the gravitational fields of two
bodies effectively cancel. For the moon, there are five such points, named
L1 to L5. The moon's Lagrange point L1 is about 36,000 miles from the moon
(or about 203,000 miles from earth) on a straight line connecting earth and
moon. A satellite positioned at moon L1 would therefore orbit the earth
along with the moon every 27.322 days (orbit tilted about 28.7 degress to
the equator this year). Radio signals would take about 1.3 seconds to
cover the distance, one way.

The other Lagrange points are L2 (on the same line but about 36,000 miles
behind the moon), L3 (on the same line but about 239,000 miles behind the
earth) and L4/L5 (on lines 60 degrees ahead/behind the first line and both
about 239,000 miles away).

Old December 4th 06, 09:46 PM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
Brad Guth[_2_]

"Paul Mc" wrote in message
ups.com

I'm no expert on gravitational or radiological issues but have
considerable experience in marketing commercial satellites and so was
wondering what comunications possibilities this idea might afford. As I
non-expert I have difficulty envisaging its 'orbit' when viewed from
the Earth or the Moon (being used to simple concepts like
geo-stationary or LEO.

Our moon and of it's L1 zone or gravity-well pocket is somewhat the one
and only ideal GSO to the moon itself, and otherwise this L1 is rather
ideal for accommodating laser cannon packets of FM/quantum binary data
that's going between planets or even to/from a few of the nearby star
systems, or for that matter of to/from any number of terrestrial or
satellite nodes that are near or far. There's aso extremely good
VLA/SAR imaging and subsequent NEO tracking capability of whatever's out
there, that's more than worthy of accomplishing.

Since there's likely less than 5e3 atoms/cm3 within this L1 to deal
with, as such the originating laser cannon beam is going to be least
distorted or otherwise attinuated, yet operations of such will always
remain in full view of Earth. Fully remote pilotted station-keeping
duties and whatever scientific operations can also transpire effectively
from your home office or portable laptop that's wherever as long as
you're into the encrypted network. With hardly any signal delay to
speak of, with a global configuration of as few as three or four
relatively simple and affordable ground to this moon L1 tracking
stations, and/or via a couple of terrestrial satellites as transponders
would obviously insure 100% coverage.

I also thought it a worthy subject for discussion within cam.misc, but
it seems to have been diappeared from there already.

Sadly, much of whatever's moon L1 related (including Clarke Station)
remains as either taboo/nondisclosure, as in topic/author X-rated, or
simply having been entirely banished because the actual and very real
laws of physics must apply.

On behalf of utilizing our moon's L1, I don't see any insurmountable
problems with either the interactive station-keeping demands of a
floating space station/depot as proposed by Sir Arthur Clarke, or that
of being a fully tethered part of the LSE configuration, other than
beefing up the shielding considerations so that staying onboard for
months on end if not years at a time is manageable without folks having
to rely upon banked bone marrow as their plan-B should things get a
touch TBI lethal.

If my Mailgate/Usenet allows it, I'll certainly try to place a viable L1
topic into "cam.misc", though I'm not expecting to see much results,
especially since I have such a short fuse on my battery of lose cannons,
as necessary for the task of returning the usual topic/author bashing
favor.
-
Brad Guth

Old December 5th 06, 12:20 AM posted to soc.culture.china,soc.culture.russian,uk.sci.astronomy,rec.org.mensa
TeaTime

"Brad Guth" wrote in message
news:1750ae77a57e6221505dcb964c7522d8.49644@mygate .mailgate.org...

usual total disregard for other poster's comment and question snipped

.... and that's why I stepped in and answered Paul's question, in plain
English, with not a trace of taboo, non-disclosure, X-rating, banishment, or
any other of your stupid paranpid bull****. See how simple it is, really?