Sky at Night December 2011

Old December 5th 11, 01:04 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
OG

Default Sky at Night December 2011

Just watched the SaN programme which included VT from the recently
recovered 1963 episode.

It included an interview with "Arthur Clarke" who talks to "Pat" Moore.

Truly from another age.
Old December 5th 11, 11:46 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
N_Cook

OG wrote in message
Just watched the SaN programme which included VT from the recently
recovered 1963 episode.

It included an interview with "Arthur Clarke" who talks to "Pat" Moore.

Truly from another age.

I was unaware of the Herschel museum ,Bath, complete with his lens
grinding machine in the basement - next time I'm out that way

Old December 5th 11, 07:52 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy
OG

On 05/12/2011 10:46, N_Cook wrote:
wrote in message
Just watched the SaN programme which included VT from the recently
recovered 1963 episode.

It included an interview with "Arthur Clarke" who talks to "Pat" Moore.

Truly from another age.

I was unaware of the Herschel museum ,Bath, complete with his lens
grinding machine in the basement - next time I'm out that way

It's worth looking out for "The Age of Wonder" by Richard Holmes, a
combined biography of a number of the leading scientists of that era,
including William and Caroline Herschel.