7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Qur'an

Old June 30th 08, 11:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
amisb65

Default 7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Qur'an

Sorry for not sending anything related to this group but it might be
something new to you.

7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Qur'an

1. Inimitable It dares you to disprove it. How? It says that humans
cannot write a book like this even if they pooled all their resources
together and got help also from the spirits. The Qur'an said this
fourteen hundred years ago and yet no one has been able to disprove
it. BiIIions of books have been written -but not another one like the
Qur'an.

2. Incorruptible It is the only religious sacred writing that has
been in circulation for such along time and yet remains as pure as it
was in the beginning. The Qur'an was kept intact. Nothing was added to
it; nothing was changed in it; and nothing was taken away from it ever
since its revelation was completed 1400 hundred years ago.

3. Unsurpassable The Qur'an is God's final revelation to
humankind. God revealed the Torah to Moses, the Psalms to David, the
Gospel to Jesus, and finally the Qur'an to Muhammad. Peace be upon
Moses, David, Jesus and Muhammad. No other book will come from God to
surpass His final revelation.

4. Indisputable The Qur'an withstands the test of time and
scrutiny. No one can disput the truth of this book. It speaks about
past history and turns out right. It speaks about the future in
prophecies and it turns out right. It mentions details of physical
phenomena which were not known to people at the time; yet later
scientific discoveries prove that the Qur'an was right all along.
Every other book needs to be revised to accord with modem knowledge.
The Qur'an alone is never contradicted by a newly discovered
scientific fact.

5. Your Roadmap for Life and Afterlife The Qur'an is the best
guidebook on how to structure your life. No other book presents such
a comprehensive system involving all aspects of human life and
endeavor. The Qur'an also points out the way to secure everlasting
happiness in the afterlife. It is your roadmap showing how to get to
Paradise.

6. God's Gift of Guidance God has not left you alone. You were made
for a reason. God tells you why he made you, what he demands from you
and what he has in store for you. If you operate a machine contrary
to- it's manufacturer's specification you will ruin 'that machine.
What. about you? Do you have an owner's manual for yourself? The
Qur'an is from your Maker. It is a gift for you to make sure you
function for success, lest you fail to function. It is a healing
from God. It satisfies the soul, and cleans the heart. It removes
doubts and brings peace.

7.Your Calling Card to Communicate with your Lord Humans are
social creatures. We love to communicate with other intelligent life.
The Qur'an tells us how to communicate .with the source of all
intelligence and the source of all life-the One God. The Qur'an tells
us who God is, by what name we should address Him, and the way in
which to communicate with Him. Are these not seven sufficient points
for reading the Qur'an?

For more information about Islam : www.imanway1.com
Please Do Not Reply This Message
Contact Me At
Old July 1st 08, 12:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
L.A.T.[_2_]

"amisb65" wrote in message
Sorry for not sending anything related to this group but it might be
something new to you.

7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Qur'an

What does the glorious whatever say about sex?
Has it taught you how to ****?
Then **** off.

Old July 1st 08, 04:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Jun 30, 5:07 pm, "L.A.T." wrote:

What does the glorious whatever say about sex?

It says that if you happen to capture yourself a woman during your
glorious military campaigns against the infidels, you can't just go
ahead and use her and then discard her. No, you have to actually keep
her and take care of her.

Sura 4, verse 24.

Thus, by reading the glorious Quran, one can indeed be fully apprised
of the extent to which Islam is true and valid.

John Savard
Old July 1st 08, 08:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default 7 Reasons NOT to Read the Glorious Qur'an

amisb65 wrote:

7 Reasons NOT to Read the Glorious Qur'an

1. It turns you into a spammer, filling newsgroups that have nothing
to do with religion with annoying spam about the "Glorious Qur'an."

2. It turns you into a spammer, filling newsgroups that have nothing
to do with religion with annoying spam about the "Glorious Qur'an."

3. It turns you into a spammer, filling newsgroups that have nothing
to do with religion with annoying spam about the "Glorious Qur'an."

4. It turns you into a spammer, filling newsgroups that have nothing
to do with religion with annoying spam about the "Glorious Qur'an."

5. It turns you into a spammer, filling newsgroups that have nothing
to do with religion with annoying spam about the "Glorious Qur'an."

6. It turns you into a spammer, filling newsgroups that have nothing
to do with religion with annoying spam about the "Glorious Qur'an."

7. It turns you into a spammer, filling newsgroups that have nothing
to do with religion with annoying spam about the "Glorious Qur'an."

Old July 1st 08, 11:58 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

L.A.T.:

What does the glorious whatever say about sex?

It says that if you happen to capture yourself a woman during your
glorious military campaigns against the infidels, you can't just go
ahead and use her and then discard her. No, you have to actually keep
her and take care of her.

Sura 4, verse 24.

Thus, by reading the glorious Quran, one can indeed be fully apprised
of the extent to which Islam is true and valid.

This in contrast with Judaism, which says (Deuteronomy, 21:10-14) that
you may take your enemy's woman and rape her (after she has mourned her
parents, whom you have slain, for one month). After you rape rape her
you may cast her out, but you can't sell her (like you can other women
who don't please you).

Don't forget that it is forbidden to plow with an ox and a donkey; to
plant more than one species of grape in the same vineyard; to wear flax
and wool together.

If you rape an unmarried virgin you must pay her father 100 shekels and
you must marry her and you may not divorce her ever.

If you marry a woman and you claim that she was not a virgin on the
wedding night, burden of proof rests with her parents. If they can
prove that she was a virgin you will be chastised. If they cannot prove
that she was a virgin, she will be stoned to death.

And the nonsense goes on and on. And this is what would-be President
Mike Huckabee thinks ought to replace the Constitution!

Thank god for atheism. Long live secular humanism -- morality without
the bull****.

Davoud

--
Don't re-elect the past. Vote for the futu Obama in 2008!

usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old July 2nd 08, 01:54 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
P. Edward Murray[_2_]

Right on Rodney!

Best wishes from across the pond!

Ed Murray

Old July 2nd 08, 01:56 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
P. Edward Murray[_2_]

Are you Al Queda?
Well you are certainly giving us a fine impression of being one

Don't you know our Government (United States) is watching?

Be careful, you may get a knock on the door.....
Old July 2nd 08, 10:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
starburst

Davoud wrote:
L.A.T.:

[...]

I appreciate your contextualization of this, Davoud, so hopefully you
will appreciate mine. While it is clear that the original sense of the
laws in Judaism were capricious, there were around sixteen hundred years
between the Torah and the Q'uran. Sixteen hundred years. Roughly the
same amount of time as between Constantine and us.

Smack in the middle, and well known to the prophet, was the life of
Jesus. It is instructive to consider that his interpretation of the law
was infinitely more gentle than the guidelines given through Mohammed.
He protects a woman from the death penalty for adultery, he states that
love and brotherhood are the intent and spirit of the law and are more
important than the rituals and strictures. Most importantly, he said to
turn the other cheek. This was not Jericho. This was not Judah. This was
new and radical. Jesus was a pacifist who believed, at least to some
extent, in separating religion and politics. Early christianity was
docile enough for the Romans to find it contemptible - it needed
Augustine's brilliance to find a way to reconcile it to a theory of just
war. It was a difficult fit then and remains so today.

In contrast, Mohammed's behavior after Khyber was hideous - cruel,
brutal and revolting. Q'uran justifies his actions, and Hadith lauds them.

How do you feel about it? Do you see no fundamental difference between
him and Jesus?

As for secular humanism, your version of it rests heavily on 3000 years
of religious tradition. Having seen as much of the world as you, and
perhaps knowing a bit more about the past, I am deeply sceptical of
humanity's ability to define morality outside of any religious context.
Most who tried to do so were unpopular or brutal. Take your pick.

Chris
Old July 3rd 08, 06:38 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

starburst:
[...]

I do appreciate your point of view. I understand why your beliefs make
it difficult for you to conceive of a morality outside of a theistic
(or other religious) framework. So be it. My life experience and the
experiences of my circle of friends and acquaintances tells me
otherwise.

I'll have to leave the evolutionary argument for morality to the
geneticists and the anthropologists; suffice it to say that I believe
that my secular humanism is informed more by millions of years of
primate evolution than it is by 3,000 years of Judeo-Christian
teaching.

As for Jesus, I can't make any logical leap from his imputed teachings
and any religion I have seen. If he is in fact a historical figure he
is not the first to say that we ought to be nice to each other; not
even the first to be martyred for saying that. I know nothing of what
he said or thought; I know only what others have imputed to him. I
would have to question him personally, ask him to examine for himself
the religion that took his name, the acts that adherents of that
religion have done in his name, and see if he would endorse it. If he
is a deity and a pacifist, I would like to ask him why he told George
Bush to invade Iraq, but did not tell him to rush to the aid of Katrina
victims. Indeed, I would like to ask him why there were Katrina
victims. Of course I am being facetious; Jesus didn't tell Bush to
invade Iraq (unless Cheney is the crypto-Second-Coming) and hurricanes
have natural, not supernatural, causes. No, I think Jesus must have
been a secular humanist; his imputed teachings on moral issues is too
close to the view held by secular humanists for him to have been
anything else.

Of course I see a difference between Muhammad and Jesus. One is held to
be god's prophet, the other a manifestation of god himself. I don't
believe any of it. One made up a religion, the other had a religion
made up in his name. The vast majority of adherents to both religions
do not practice very strictly the teachings of the respective
religions. In some cases that's called hypocrisy (the Saudi and Kuwaiti
royal families riddled with alcoholics and heroin addicts, e.g. Also
child-molesting clerics, gay gay bashers, all gay bashers, and on and
on).

Aside: my most memorable "Islamic moment" was when I lived in the Yemen
Arab Republic, also known at that time as North Yemen. Yemen -- "the
ancestral home of Usama bin Laden" as it is said, is almost always
described as an ultra conservative Islamic society. Yet the standing
joke among my Yemeni friends was that the national beverage is not the
bitter brown concoction that takes one of its names from the Yemeni
seaport of Mukka (Mocha), but Johnny Walker Red. When we would get
together socially, as soon as someone suggested cocktails, they would
say "Bis'millah" -- in the name of Allah. This is blasphemy of the
highest order, but a popular joke in Islamic Yemen.

(I don't fault anyone for the way they spell Muhammad, but I haven't
been able to spell it "Mohammed" since I learned Arabic, because
applying English pronunciation rules to that spelling leads to a
pronunciation that is just a bit too far from the Arabic pronunciation
for an Arabist. Don't attribute that to snobbery; attribute it to the
fact that when one learns a language one is not only blessed by the
beauty of that language, which is a gift for a lifetime, but also
cursed for a lifetime by the difficulty one has in mispronouncing words
of that language after struggling to pronounce them correctly,
especially when those words are common in one's native language, but
with a different pronunciation.)

łThe world needs to wake up from its long nightmare of religious
belief.˛ -- Steven Weinberg

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things
and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil
things, that takes religion." -- ibidem

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old July 3rd 08, 04:17 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
John[_24_]

Default 7 Rebarbatives to Read the Glorious Qur'an

When do people dare to stop living their life according to their ancestors
superstition ?
There are other ways than religion to keep the anxiety down.
Fredo.