Runway vid from NYC!

Old April 27th 12, 11:08 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
David E. Powell

Default Runway vid from NYC!

A lucky passenger in a plane about to take off caught this video of
the shuttle on her 747 carrier landing there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ASL0...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ASL0oS5ksU&feature=youtu.be

Old April 28th 12, 04:14 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Brian Thorn[_2_]

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:08:38 -0700 (PDT), "David E. Powell"
wrote:

A lucky passenger in a plane about to take off caught this video of
the shuttle on her 747 carrier landing there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ASL0...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ASL0oS5ksU&feature=youtu.be

Wow. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!

Brian
Old May 1st 12, 04:11 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
hg

On 28/04/2012 03:08, David E. Powell wrote:
A lucky passenger in a plane about to take off caught this video of
the shuttle on her 747 carrier landing there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ASL0...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ASL0oS5ksU&feature=youtu.be

I did some contract work at Manchester UK Airport a number of years
ago and while I was there the biggest plane in the world flew in
and was parked up for a few weeks. It was the Antonov with six
engines. It sure was impressive looking at it through my window
everyday. However, little did I realize that it was the very same
Antonov that carried the Buran shuttle on its back all those years
ago back in the eighties.
As a space enthusiast I would have admired the craft in a whole
different way had I known that it was also a little part of space
history - as well as being the only model of the largest aircraft in
the world.