Unique Birthday Celebration For Space Station Resident

Old July 1st 03, 02:21 PM
James Oberg

Default Unique Birthday Celebration For Space Station Resident

"LooseChanj" wrote in message
. com...
On or about Mon, 30 Jun 2003 16:47:09 GMT, James Oberg
made the sensational claim that:

UNIQUE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION FOR SPACE STATION RESIDENT

I don't get it -- what's unique about the fortieth or fiftieth guy to
celebrate a birthday in space?

First time we're probably gonna get a nice letter out of it?
--

That's IT -- and I'll celebrate every time -- now THAT'S a treat I can look
forward to.

Old July 1st 03, 02:22 PM
James Oberg

"Paul Blay" wrote in message news:bdru5t$euh$1
The chance of having a non integral number of birthdays within a given

period
is rather smaller than you seem to think. ;-)

Probably by half.

8-)

Old July 2nd 03, 05:24 AM
Jeffrey Simpson

James Oberg wrote:
UNIQUE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION FOR SPACE STATION RESIDENT

I don't get it -- what's unique about the fortieth or fiftieth guy to
celebrate a birthday in space?

Is this the first birthday on the ISS? It will be unique birthday for Ed
Lu as he will be in space for it.

Jeffrey Simpson

Old July 3rd 03, 04:52 AM
Jorge R. Frank

The Other James wrote in
:

Mike Speegle wrote:

In news:James Oberg typed:
UNIQUE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION FOR SPACE STATION RESIDENT

I don't get it -- what's unique about the fortieth or fiftieth guy
to celebrate a birthday in space?

I guess the Hawaiian (or aloha) shirts?? Beyond that it's just
more
PAO fluff.

So... random thoughts that you have late at night. Who pays for the
shirts that the team will wear back on Earth? If it's an official PAO
function, then they are uniforms. :-)

The flight controllers probably wish... :-)

Nope, the shirts for the celebration yesterday were strictly BYO.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.
Old July 3rd 03, 12:12 PM
Lynndel Humphreys

I guess the Hawaiian (or aloha) shirts?? Beyond that it's just
more

Would never had worn one when I was younger. Considered "loud". Anyway ,
getting older and really don't care I buy one every year when I go to Sea
World. Beautiful shirts. "Normal" for Hawaiian tourists. Still little
stranfe for Orlando.