[SM] Earth 2.0: bigger and older

Old July 26th 15, 09:29 PM posted to sci.misc,uk.sci.astronomy
RS Wood

Default [SM] Earth 2.0: bigger and older

From the «wonder if its denizens fouled their nest too» department:
Title: Kepler mission discovers bigger, older cousin to Earth
Author: Thom Holwerda
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:01:32 -0400
Link: http://osnews.com/story/28722/Kepler...sin_to_Ea rth

NASA's Kepler mission has confirmed the first near-Earth-size planet in the
"habitable zone" around a sun-like star. This discovery and the introduction of
11 other new small habitable zone candidate planets mark another milestone in
the journey to finding another "Earth." All the recent successes in space -
Philae/Rosetta, New Horizons, the never-ending stream of discoveries from
Keppler, like this one - actually make me sad, because it makes me wonder how
much more we could've achieved and discovered has we not developed this
anti-science and pro-war climate we've been living in for a while now. Maybe
these new achievements will reignite the hunger for space. We can hope.

--
Posting to comp.misc, sci.misc, and misc.news.internet.discuss