The Apollo Hoax FAQ

Old November 5th 03, 12:59 AM
David Fields

Default The Apollo Hoax FAQ

I read this and decided to look at the photo that appears to be "spot lit"
and found that indeed the area behind didn't appear to be evenly lit. I am a
professional photographer and I know this, to appear evenly lit the area
behind him had to be of equal reflectance..... take a look at
http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/Hi...1/20130774.jpg you can see
the surface varies greatly. Same as the background of a model on a white
sand beach would appear spotlighted if the area beyond the beach, in the
frame and out of focus was volcanic.

Sorry to point this out, there are many here that are much more qualified
than me to point out flaws in this, but I do know a few things about
photography and this was blatantly obvious once I looked at some other pix
showing the area around the lander.
David Fields
www.delawarestudio.com

Old November 5th 03, 04:54 AM
Jay Windley

"David Fields" wrote in message

| Sorry to point this out, there are many here that are much more
| qualified than me to point out flaws in this...

Not many. David Percy, the photographer whose opinion Nathan Jones has
borrowed, doesn't seem to know much about lighting. I have yet to show his
arguments to a professional photographer who doesn't immediately fall down
laughing at them.

But back to the point. Surface color will indeed play a part in the
apparent brightness of an image, but so will surface contour and texture.
Have you ever shot landscapes in the early morning or late evening? If you
wait for just that right second, the low lighting angle will reveal very
subtle contours that don't show up at noon. Or conversely, wad up a piece
of paper and then smooth it out and lay it on a table. Then light it
artificially from a low angle. You get to see all the contours because of
the difference in apparent brightness.

Nathan Jones doesn't know much about lighting, in case that's not obvious
already. He is completely clueless about the effect of texture and contour
on apparent brightness. He strangely claims that the lighting should be
uniform across all the terrain. Obviously he doesn't spend much time
looking at terrain.

--

The universe is not required to conform | Jay Windley
to the expectations of the ignorant. | webmaster @ clavius.org

Old November 5th 03, 04:54 AM
Jay Windley

Old November 5th 03, 01:41 PM
David Fields

Have you ever shot landscapes in the early morning or late evening? If

you
wait for just that right second, the low lighting angle will reveal very
subtle contours that don't show up at noon.

Contour would be a main key, just a slight down slope would be a very
dramatic change in lighting, you can tell the sun was pretty low. The moon
has hills and valleys just like Earth. Sad that some people have such
negativity that they can make up their own science to support their
thoughts...but then again history is full of that