Have any cosmonauts from Tuva (aka Tyba) flown in space?

Old October 16th 03, 07:09 AM
Gordon

Default Have any cosmonauts from Tuva (aka Tyba) flown in space?

Just curious

v/r
Gordon
Old October 16th 03, 07:14 AM
Andrew Gray

In article , Gordon wrote:
Just curious

Not to the best of my knowledge; it's possible, given than Tuva was
absorbed sufficiently circa 1940 to pretty much be considered a part of
the Russian SSR from then on, that one of the cosmonauts we have as
"Russian" came from there and no-one noticed enough to mention it, but I
do doubt it. Very small place, IIRC...

--
-Andrew Gray

Old October 16th 03, 07:20 AM
Gordon

Thanks for the FTL answer, Andrew!
Old October 16th 03, 02:04 PM
James Oberg

I suspect you are working on a horrid limerick and am glad nobody has
encouraged you.

Old October 16th 03, 02:57 PM
Dave Fowler

From: nt (Gordon)

Nope, and none selected.

DF

Old October 16th 03, 06:08 PM
Andrew Gray

In article , James Oberg wrote:
I suspect you are working on a horrid limerick and am glad nobody has
encouraged you.

There was a young man from Kzyzl,
Who... um... damnit...

--
-Andrew Gray

Old October 16th 03, 06:44 PM
Gordon

I suspect you are working on a horrid limerick and am glad nobody has
encouraged you.

Nooo, honest. I am very interested in Tuva, as Richard Feynmann suggested I
should be, for a variety of reasons. Its about the most exotic place I can
think of and one of few spots I want to visit that I haven't seen. I collect
Tyban stamps, postcards and similar crap, longing for the day with I have my
own yurt with a view.

v/r
Gordon
====(A+C====
USN SAR Aircrew

"Got anything on your radar, SENSO?"
"Nothing but my forehead, sir."
Old October 16th 03, 06:44 PM
Gordon

There was a young man from Kzyzl,
Who... um... damnit...

who... who... LOL
Old October 16th 03, 09:56 PM
James Oberg

Default Tuva yurts

"Gordon" wrote in message

I suspect you are working on a horrid limerick and am glad nobody has
encouraged you.

Nooo, honest. I am very interested in Tuva, as Richard Feynmann suggested

should be, for a variety of reasons. Its about the most exotic place I

can
think of and one of few spots I want to visit that I haven't seen. I

collect
Tyban stamps, postcards and similar crap, longing for the day with I have

my
own yurt with a view.

Haven't found anything on ebay?

I've seen yurts. I've even seen INSIDE yurts. Kazakh ones, true, but the
model is widespread.

The fascination is genuine, go for it. But go prepared.

Old October 16th 03, 11:54 PM
Gordon

Haven't found anything on ebay?

What I need can't be found on ebay - I have a brother in law at UCSC that is
the Feynmann in my life, a character with a brilliant intellect as well as a
warped sense of humor. I need something to tickle his mind, the way he has
given me things to consider over the years. I'll know it when I see it, in
fact, I may have just had the phone call that closes it up with a bow.

I've seen yurts. I've even seen INSIDE yurts. Kazakh ones, true, but the
model is widespread.

The fascination is genuine, go for it. But go prepared.

I have been studying my Tyba-to-English dictionary for months. I'll let you
know when one of the words actually sticks!

v/r
Gordon