Venus is not too hot to touch with the Ovglove

Old July 7th 07, 04:45 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,alt.astronomy
The Ghost In The Machine

Default Venus is not too hot to touch with the Ovglove

In sci.physics, BradGuth

wrote
on Fri, 06 Jul 2007 18:02:46 -0000
.com:
On Jul 6, 10:18 am, Randy Poe wrote:
On Jul 6, 1:14 pm, BradGuth wrote:

On May 29, 6:47 am, BradGuth wrote:

At losing 20.5 w/m2, Venus is still not the least bit too hot to touch
with the Ovglove, much less of any problem for a composite rigid
airship.

Comparing Earth/Venus is not even a fair game, as to any half smart ET
village idiot, the planet Venus wins every time.

Too bad that Cambridge and the like are too mainstream snookered and
otherwise dumbfounded past the point of no return, as to know about
such things.

Too bad that ADOBE PhotoShop or the likes of digital photographic
enlargement alternatives that are even better, is still so taboo/
nondisclosure rated.

Too bad them pesky laws of physics and of whatever's the best
available science can't function off-world. I obviously didn't know
that such regular laws of physics and of whatever science were so
unusually terrestrial limited.
-BradGuth
-
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell

On Apr 4, 5:07 pm, wrote:

As long as you don't run yourself out of ice cold beer and pizza, I
don't see all that much of a problem.

As long as you've got way more spare/renewable energy at your disposal
than you could possibly know what to do with, and having that nifty
thermal suit made by Ovglove, where's the big-ass insurmountable
problem with taking that hot-foot of a toasty stroll onVenus?

CO2--CO/O2 is not hardly a technical problem, hasn't been for a good
decade or more.

Pure H2O as easily extracted from those somewhat cool nighttime acidic
clouds (above the S8 layer) is simply another mission positive win-
win.

The 65 kg/m3 worth of buoyancy as working along with the 90.5% gravity
is offering a couple of other nifty factors that'll work rather well
for your composite rigid airship (just like on behalf of those
Venusian composite rigid airships).

If you're any damn good at PhotoShop, goto:http://guthvenus.tripod.com/http://g...om/gv-town.htm
or best you start with your very own look-see at the following
official image site:http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hi...c115s095_1.gif

The 36 look per pixel of that GIF image format starts getting
interesting at being 3X resampled, and then giving it all the best
PhotoShop or whatever else you can muster, although the original GIF
1:1 image was actually good enough for my PhotoShop configured brain
to deductively interpret upon what's most likely artificial as opposed
to what's perfectly natural. 36 looks per pixel is offering a lot of
truthworthy image data to start with, so it's a good one to stick with
rather than dealing with their individual 75 meter/pixel versions as
having combined but four looks per pixel.

Don't try to process the entire image unless you've got one heck of a
nifty PC or MAC. Try clipping out only the small portion of the total
image that's roughly a third up from the bottom and just to the right
of center, as we're talking about utilizing less than 10% or perhaps
even as little as 5% of that primary GIF image, and to process upon
just that much shouldn't traumatise your memory or performance PC or
MAC.

I'll review each of your results, that by rights should become a whole
lot better than mine. Obviously anyone can over/under force those
PhotoShop refinements, well past the point of no return, so don't do
that. My extremely old version of PhotoShop can't accomplish much
better than 8X resampling without losing ground, and besides, we don't
actually require much better than 6X for most others to see most
clearly what I'd interpreted from the original 1:1 format.

Thanks once again to 'tomcat' for also having posted this updated page
ofVenusimages.http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/th...humbnails.html

It's image No.17 from the top left being the one that so happens to
include the robust, sizable and somewhat complex community of 'GUTHVenus'.
"Lava channels, Lo Shen Valles,Venusfrom Magellan Cycle 1"http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/object_page/mgn_c115s095_1.htm...
-BradGuth- Hide quoted text -

Venus is not at all too hot to touch with the Ovglove. If our SR-71
can survive 1200 degree F, then where's the big ass insurmountable
technical problem with surviving Venus within our composite rigid
airship?

This is going to go right over your head, but it's an answer to
your question anyway.

Your computer has a cooling fan in it. Because of that, components
inside the computer can get very hot (let's say 180 F) and
yet not cause the computer's disk or other heat-sensitive
components to cook.

Yet if the entire computer were in a 180 F room, the cooling
fan would be useless and the computer would cook.

Why do you think that is true?

- Randy- Hide quoted text -

With unlimited local energy (how many spare teraWatts would you
like?); we could hold the future Winter Olympics on Venus, and then
some.

Yes, we could. The question is where this energy would come from.

What's insurmountable when there's such unlimited and otherwise 100%
renewable energy that's already there to behold?

Did you miss out on physics-duh-101?

BTW, if I were every bit as dumbfounded and otherwise as naysay
snookered to death as yourself, I would not try using a standard PC on
Venus, although within the cool as you like composite rigid airship or
much less our extremely cool POOF City at VL2 isn't any problem
whatsoever.

As long as the heat can be removed later.

Ever heard of a cold cathode vacuume tube? It seems they can be made
extremely small, obviously energy efficient and good for perhaps
better than twice whatever that Venusian environment has to share.
That cold cathode has a 1600 year half life to boot.

http://www.vintagecalculators.com/ht..._dekatron.html

I'm not sure what you mean by "extremely small" -- in the case of the
Anita Mk8 they appear to be about the same size as the selenium
rectifiers. They can never be as small as UV-fabricated MOSFETs on a
single silicon chip, though one might contemplate some interesting
methods of building a chamber through layering techniques. (The
UV-fabricated MOSFETS currently use etching, which won't quite work.)

-
Brad Guth

#191,
Linux. Because life's too short for a buggy OS.

Old July 7th 07, 05:23 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Apr 4, 5:07 pm, wrote:

[...]

Of atmospheric pressure and thermal differentials. Think vertical,
and you'll have more spare joules of continous/renewable energy than
you'll ever know what to do with.

What's insurmountable when there's such unlimited and otherwise 100%
renewable energy that's already there to behold?

Did you miss out on physics-duh-101?

BTW, if I were every bit as dumbfounded and otherwise as naysay
snookered to death as yourself, I would not try using a standard PC on
Venus, although within the cool as you like composite rigid airship or
much less our extremely cool POOF City at VL2 isn't any problem
whatsoever.

As long as the heat can be removed later.

Why of course, as CO2 and S8 are actually rather good elements for
accomplishing that task of heat extraction. However, while situated
at VL2 is where POOF City could use a little extra internal heat of
our PCs running those hot little CPUs.

Ever heard of a cold cathode vacuume tube? It seems they can be made
extremely small, obviously energy efficient and good for perhaps
better than twice whatever that Venusian environment has to share.
That cold cathode has a 1600 year half life to boot.

http://www.vintagecalculators.com/ht..._dekatron.html

I'm not sure what you mean by "extremely small" -- in the case of the
Anita Mk8 they appear to be about the same size as the selenium
rectifiers. They can never be as small as UV-fabricated MOSFETs on a
single silicon chip, though one might contemplate some interesting
methods of building a chamber through layering techniques. (The
UV-fabricated MOSFETS currently use etching, which won't quite work.)

There's no volume or mass restrictions onborad our robotic rigid
airships, and there's especially no limitations of any volume or of
whatever added mass onboard any such fully manned rigid airship.

For getting our surface probes onto that geothermally roasting deck,
we'll need extra mass in order to offset the thick atmospheric soup of
having 65 kg/m3 worth of buoyancy, as well as for the 90.5% gravity
making it even better yet.
-
Brad Guth

Old July 7th 07, 07:14 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.space.history
John Griffin

BradGuth wrote:

On Jul 5, 8:37 pm, John Griffin
wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
Seems a tadbit odd there's so little honest Usenet
motivation on behalf of Venus, as though Venus is
supposedly too hot to touch with that Ovglove, when in fact
it isn't nearly half as hot as a terrestrial craft doing
Mach 5 (1700 m/s).

Even that old SR-71 Blackbird at the subfreezing and
humanly lethal altitude of 85,000', making mach 3.2 creates
an outter skin of 1200 degrees F, thus geting itself much
hotter than Venus.

So, where's the big insurmountable deal about the
geothermally active environment of Venus being a whole lot
less hot than what we otherwise deal with and obviously
survive on a regular terrestrial basis all the time?

That was extra stupid, Crazy Brad. You obviously don't
understand that temperature and heat are not the same thing.

You know better than that, as well as you know the honest jest
of what I'm driving at.

You're trying to be funny?

Earth's atmosphere is a gigantic heat sink. What's Venus's
equivalent? You obviously don't understand that temperature and
heat are not the same thing.

Old July 7th 07, 07:25 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.space.history
John Griffin

BradGuth wrote:

The original and full context of this topic "Venus is not too
hot to touch with the Ovglove" is in cam.misc
http://groups.google.com/group/cam.m...m/thread/45f9b
8fc2883f520?hl=en

Since each of our warm and fuzzy naysayers and obviously our
local swarm intelligence worth of official rusemasters
continually manage to forget mentioning that Venus actually
has teratonnes (possibly hundreds of teratonnes) worth of
spare water, as efficiently sequestered within them thar
acidic clouds, and once again that's not even including all
the ice cold beer imported by or on behalf of those smart
enough to survive as locals or as deployed ETs.

Is it ever polite to ask; how little h2o is actually
necessary for sustaining an advanced form of intelligent
carbon life? (think exoskeletal)

If there's not too many Venusian souls in need of cold beer,
whereas the existing geothermal toasty and atmosphertic
pressure differential as energy resources of Venus are going
to more than provide for their needs. Personally, I wouldn't
expect to uncover a Venus population of millions, whereas more
than likely a few thousand could become the magic number, down
to a few hundred as homestead or mining place savers,
especially of few souls if most of their really hard work is
accomplished via robots.

I'm thinking of at most not more than a liter, as perhaps
their making do with a 6pack if not otherwise sucking down two
of those extra large and fortified beers worth of h2o per 100
kg Venusian per 24 hours, whereas this exoskeletal Venusian
isn't hardly going to sweat, especially not at nearly 100 bar,
and you likely wouldn't dare pull it out in order **** off the
back porch.

Without hardly any sweat glands, you'd think a liter of beer
might outlast 100 hours per hard working 100 kg Venusian. So,
where's the actual demand for all of that h2o? (that's not
ever going anywhere except back up into those acidic clouds,
where it can once again be easily extracted on demand). At
least that's entirely within the regular laws of physics, and
otherwise based upon the best available science.

.01 liter/hr of h2o or beer per 100 kg exoskeletal soul seems
rather doable, don't you think?

Of rather easily obtaining that initial fresh supply of h2o
from those acidic clouds, the making of such into beer, and of
getting that beer cold and keeping it cold is going to demand
energy, but once again there's absolutely no such shortage of
said energy as long as you're on Venus, and of Venus cloud
sucking might even be an ongoing sport, much like skydiving is
here on Earth. -
Brad Guth

As usual, you just don't get it. Anything that functions in
Venus's atmosphere is going to be hotter throughout than the
"air." You did bring up an amusing image, though. The most
common cause of death among Venus beetles with total exoskeletons
and a bit of water would be steam explosion. If your 100 bar is
correct, that would be one hell of a bang, so maybe death by
flying beetle debris would be more common.

Just for the heck of it, please do some arithmetic to see if I'm
right. Would 900-degree water boil into a 100-bar fluid?

Old July 7th 07, 08:05 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

John Griffin wrote:
The most
common cause of death among Venus beetles with total exoskeletons
and a bit of water would be steam explosion. If your 100 bar is
correct, that would be one hell of a bang, so maybe death by
flying beetle debris would be more common.

Just for the heck of it, please do some arithmetic to see if I'm
right. Would 900-degree water boil into a 100-bar fluid?

We looked into this a few years ago on sci.space.history; water at the
temperatures and pressures of the surface of Venus would exist in a form
like really thick steam, but not a true liquid. Picture stuff that flows
across the surface like cold CO2 vapor flows around a glass of water
with dry ice in it.

Pat
Old July 7th 07, 09:18 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Jul 7, 11:14 am, John Griffin wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
On Jul 5, 8:37 pm, John Griffin
wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
[...]

heat are not the same thing.- Hide quoted text -

-
Brad Guth

Old July 7th 07, 09:22 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Jul 7, 11:25 am, John Griffin wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
[...]

right. Would 900-degree water boil into a 100-bar fluid?- Hide quoted text -

Venus is not for accommodating dumbfounded Zions of such naysayism
like yourself.

Besides, you wouldn't know what to do with a spare teraWatt if it was
given to the likes of yourself.
-
Brad Guth

Old July 7th 07, 09:32 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.space.history
BradGuth

On Jul 7, 12:05 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
John Griffin wrote:
The most
common cause of death among Venus beetles with total exoskeletons
and a bit of water would be steam explosion. If your 100 bar is
correct, that would be one hell of a bang, so maybe death by
flying beetle debris would be more common.

Just for the heck of it, please do some arithmetic to see if I'm
right. Would 900-degree water boil into a 100-bar fluid?

We looked into this a few years ago on sci.space.history; water at the
temperatures and pressures of the surface of Venus would exist in a form
like really thick steam, but not a true liquid. Picture stuff that flows
across the surface like cold CO2 vapor flows around a glass of water
with dry ice in it.

Pat

Hot h2o2 would due rather nicely in the buff.

Lava/mud flows would likely contain their fair share of water, and
perhaps even in some degree of such a hot geothermal forced substance
hosting h2o2, along with any number of other nifty elements.

Otherwise we have those rather serious gas vents of CO2 and S8 to work
with, that should also contribute some degree of vaporised h2o along
with many other interesting super-heated vapors.

Venus is seemingly a newish planetology on steroids.
-
Brad Guth

Old July 7th 07, 10:47 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,alt.astronomy
The Ghost In The Machine

In sci.physics, BradGuth

wrote
on Sat, 07 Jul 2007 16:23:47 -0000
om:

On Apr 4, 5:07 pm, wrote:

[...]

I would need to see the details. Seems to me similar techniques could
be used here on Earth, although the amount of extractable energy would
by necessity be less, since we have lower pressures and temperatures at
play here.

What's insurmountable when there's such unlimited and otherwise 100%
renewable energy that's already there to behold?

Did you miss out on physics-duh-101?

BTW, if I were every bit as dumbfounded and otherwise as naysay
snookered to death as yourself, I would not try using a standard PC on
Venus, although within the cool as you like composite rigid airship or
much less our extremely cool POOF City at VL2 isn't any problem
whatsoever.

As long as the heat can be removed later.

Why of course, as CO2 and S8 are actually rather good elements for
accomplishing that task of heat extraction. However, while situated
at VL2 is where POOF City could use a little extra internal heat of
our PCs running those hot little CPUs.

It might be more effective to simply situate a nearby adjustable mirror,
one that is outside the Venusian shadow, to direct radiant energy onto
the POOF.

Two might be employed for symmetry/redundancy.

[...]

Just use the glove. Should be sufficient. :-)

-
Brad Guth

#191,
Useless C++ Programming Idea #7878218:
class C { private: virtual void stupid() = 0; };

Old July 7th 07, 10:48 PM posted to cam.misc,sci.physics,sci.astro,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.space.history
The Ghost In The Machine

In sci.physics, John Griffin

wrote
on 7 Jul 2007 18:14:20 GMT
:
BradGuth wrote:

On Jul 5, 8:37 pm, John Griffin
wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
[...]

Earth's atmosphere cannot possibly be a heat sink, as it reradiates the
heat later. ;-)

#191,
Linux. Because it's not the desktop that's
important, it's the ability to DO something
with it.