cold weather attire success *almost*!

Old December 28th 04, 08:52 AM
Bill Estra

Default cold weather attire success *almost*!

I'm happy to report that my modified attire, thanks to some earlier
suggestions by several group members, is nearly a complete success! I
indeed found that I had to add a winter coat over top of the Carhartt
coveralls. I also added an extra fleece shirt underneath. In addition, two
ski masks doubled up, and three pairs of sweat pants underneath the
Carhartts. The Walmart felt lined boots seem to be doing a fair job. So,
tonight, after being outside for nearly 3 hours at 17 F, I came inside and
for the first time ever, I wasn't cold! The only improvements I can see now
would be for the legs and feet, as my feet especially are slightly cold when
I come in. I'm thinking of switching to wool or fleece pants instead of
sweats. For the feet, not sure as I'm wearing three pair of wool socks now
so perhaps a chemical foot warmer. However, in any case, the cold spots are
fairly easily tolerated over the 3 hour period. Bottom line, I'm satisfied,
and I thank those who helped steer me in the right direction.

Bill Estra

Old December 28th 04, 01:29 PM
David Neal Minnick

Anyone interested in cold weather gear should look here (and be sure to
read the archives): http://wiggys.com/