Apocalypse NOW!

Old November 9th 03, 12:29 PM
Abhi

Default Apocalypse NOW!

Action Device to generate unidirectional force.

http://www.geocities.com/actiondevice

-Abhi.
Old November 9th 03, 12:52 PM
David Robbins

"Abhi" wrote in message
m...
Action Device to generate unidirectional force.

ah, thank you for resurfacing abhi, now my new killfile is complete.

Old November 9th 03, 05:09 PM
Bored Huge Krill

Abhi,
you posted this before and it was quickly pointed out that your math is
faulty and precisely where your mistake is. Do you want me to post such an
analysis again, or would you prefer to actually go and build your device and
tell us all whether it worked or not?

Krill

m...

Old November 10th 03, 06:46 AM
Abhi

"David Robbins" wrote in message ...
"Abhi" wrote in message
m...
Action Device to generate unidirectional force.

ah, thank you for resurfacing abhi, now my new killfile is complete.

Then start from zero and recreate new one.

Let me try to explain how unidirectional force is generated through
this action device. Please take printout, read and look at figuire
carefully.

This device is in vertical position i.e. upper end of bolt 5 pointing
towards sky. Attach UPPER end of bolt 5 to centre horizontal circular
plate, diameter of which is greater than length AC. This circular
plate is in your hand. Let mass of whole device be 10 Kg. So downward
gravitational force acting on this device is 10g Newton. Due to spring
forces in spring 1 and 2, let resultant force generated at point D 9
be 20g Newton. And direction of this resultant force at point D 9 is
UPWARD. So it is transmitted through bolt 5 in UPWARD direction to
circular plate in your hand.

What will happen next? Will you feel "weight" of Action Device in
downward direction or upward force pushing the circular plate and your
hand in upward direction?

If you feel upward force, take this circular plate near the roof of
your room. This circular plate will "stick" to roof of your room like
magnet. It will not fall.

In space, this 20g force generated at circular plate will push /
accelerate any mass in only one direction. If this circular plate is
in hands of Astronaut, that Astronaut will be accelerated only in one
direction.

And if some rope is tied between round plate and Astronaut, the
accelerating Astronaut will pull the action device in the direction of
his acceleration. So now the action device and astronaut are moving in
space and no reaction mass is expelled.

Needless to add, the force generated at point D 9 depends on magnitude
of force in spring 1 and 2.

Please keep, the angle ABC as small as possible. Page No. 42 of Sixth
edition of Fundamentals of Physics by halliday states that c =
ab[sin(ABC)]

Just wonder, if this device is so simple, then why don't I make it
myself?

God has His own ways to create problems for everyone. I am finding
myself alone and I just don't know where to go. But let me leave this
RCM cyber cafe in Matunga and try to find someone in this Bombay.

Like Jodie Foster said in Contact..

OK, GO..

-Abhi.
Old November 10th 03, 07:35 AM
Bored Huge Krill

Abhi,
your math/physics is faulty. The device will not float to the ceiling and
stay there, unless you nail it up. It will accelerate towards the floor at
approximately 9.8 meters per second squared.

Your error is in assuming that the forces from the springs acting at your
point B cancel out. They don't. The restoring forces from the springs (I'll
call each of those F here, but you can call them what you want) must be
summed as a vector. You can use many methods to do this, but I'll use your
cartesian coordinate system. I'll call the angles ABD/CBD, BDA/BDC and
DAB/DCB alpha, beta and gamma respectively (but again you can call them what
you want). In that case, the two forces acting at point B from the left and
right hand springs can be written as:

{-Fsin(alpha),-Fcos(alpha)} and
{Fsin(alpha),-Fcos(alpha)} respectively

net force acting on point B from the springs is therefore

{ 0, -2Fcos(alpha) }

the component of forces along your x axis does indeed cancel. But the
component acting along your y axis does not. There is a net force acting on
point B towards point D.

If you do the same calculation for point D, you'll find a net force acting
on that point of equal magnitude but of opposite sign. In other words, there
is no net force acting on the rod BD. No unitary force.

Sorry, but it doesn't work

Krill

"Abhi" wrote in message
m...
"David Robbins" wrote in message

m...

Old November 10th 03, 09:23 PM
Will Twentyman

Abhi wrote:

Action Device to generate unidirectional force.

http://www.geocities.com/actiondevice

-Abhi.

Ignoring, for the moment, that it can't work as advertised, I have the
following questions:

1) Are the springs attached to bolt 5 at point 6 or are they attached to
, say, a ring that the bolt slides through.

2) If ABC is a rigid triangle, have you accounted for the forces *other
than* the springs that must exist to keep it rigid?

3) Have you considered creating a second drawing showing all the forces
exerted at each point, including the source of each force?

The explanation is making my eyes cross. It might help to simply refer
to points A,B,C,D,O, and what each is doing.

Have you bothered to make this? It sounds like all you need is a couple
springs and some wooden rods. Maybe a couple hinges. You appear to be
talking about a lot of theory without a working model. The model is
what is needed, and you have described something that anyone should be
able to build. It just won't float.

--
Will Twentyman
email: wtwentyman at copper dot net

Old November 11th 03, 09:06 AM
Abhi

"Bored Huge Krill" wrote in message ...
[...]

I relate myself to Tom Hank in that movie, "CAST AWAY". You people are
like that volleyball "Wilson". I am talking to people who lack
consciousness. Now I am lost at sea and I am going to lose you...

I am sorry, Wilson. Sorry..

-Abhi.
Old November 17th 03, 07:54 AM
Abhi

Just for record.

I went to Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Powai, Mumbai to
explain mechanism of my Action Device and to seek "technical help". I
met Dr. Amitay Issac of Aerospace Engineering Department and I tried
to explain very basic component/idea of this action device. I have
given in my homepage what exactly I tried to convince him.

http://www.geocities.com/actiondevice

But he insisted that "point B will shift its position along Y axis!".
I had to return in few minutes.

Now I tried to convince again to Dr. G Arvind Rao of Aerospace
Engineering Department by email, but he also said that point B will
shift its position along Y axis !.

Indian Institute of Technology is most prestigious college in India.
This institute gives people for Aviation Industry around the world.
And I just wonder, why so highly educated people fail to understand
such simple problem.

In fact, this is not problem at all. But what a tragedy, I am facing
such ridiculous "problems".

I can end my all problems anytime, but I am following the rules of
this battle, waiting game.

I am just watching how the minds of highly educated people around the
world are "controlled" by that "Supreme Force" named God.

-Abhi.
Old November 17th 03, 09:07 AM
Laura

"Abhi" wrote in message
om...
Just for record.

I went to Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Powai, Mumbai to
explain mechanism of my Action Device and to seek "technical help". I
met Dr. Amitay Issac of Aerospace Engineering Department and I tried
to explain very basic component/idea of this action device. I have
given in my homepage what exactly I tried to convince him.

http://www.geocities.com/actiondevice

But he insisted that "point B will shift its position along Y axis!".
I had to return in few minutes.

Now I tried to convince again to Dr. G Arvind Rao of Aerospace
Engineering Department by email, but he also said that point B will
shift its position along Y axis !.

Hmmm... did you consider that they could be right, and you could be wrong?

Indian Institute of Technology is most prestigious college in India.
This institute gives people for Aviation Industry around the world.
And I just wonder, why so highly educated people fail to understand
such simple problem.

Maybe, just maybe, they do understand it.

In fact, this is not problem at all. But what a tragedy, I am facing
such ridiculous "problems".

I can end my all problems anytime, but I am following the rules of
this battle, waiting game.

Build a working model and submit it to them for examination.
Doesn't matter how much force it produces, as long as it proves that your
idea works.

I am just watching how the minds of highly educated people around the
world are "controlled" by that "Supreme Force" named God.

Let me get this straight.... *God* doesn't want this device discovered? Why
not? And if not, what's stopping him from destroying you to make sure you
stay quiet?

Old November 17th 03, 12:18 PM
Jeff Root

Abhi wrote:

Action Device to generate unidirectional force.

http://www.geocities.com/actiondevice

Abhi,

What is a "solid angle"?

Can you give an example of a "solid angle"?

-- Jeff, in Minneapolis

..