How cool is VL2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 10th 07, 08:21 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.physics,uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro
[email protected]

Default How cool is VL2

The GOOGLE/Usenet takes in, but lo and behold their topic index of
replies doesn't always indicate the likes of this following
contribution, so I'll try it once again for the old gipper.

Obviously I Ovglove jest, and obviously the co2--co/o2 (same process
as working on behalf of the Mars mission fiasco) is where the local
needs of whatever O2 is to be found, except in easily available bulk.
The last time I'd checked, Venus had a touch more than its fair share
of co2 (kept nicely bone dry and process preheated to boot), and
otherwise having way more than its fair share of locally renewable
energy to burn (sort of speak), so that you don't have to bother
packing along a nuclear reactor, and at that local pressure your body
doesn't even require all that much O2 (just lots of ice cold beer).

Before doing Venus in whatever cozy Ovglove protected person, even
though a composite rigid airship/shuttle or whatever 'tomcat' fat-
waverider should more than do the trick, whereas Venus L2 is offering
us the very next best available ticket to ride, and without such
involving any Ovgloves.

Venus L2(VL2) is in fact a POOF friendly and thus offering a
technically worthy location for an entire collective or community of
such inflated habitat items, that can be made quite livable for each
of those 19+ month missions, especially if getting shielded by an
extra meter or more of beer. Obviously I beer jest, as such required
shield density could be accomplished via Gin or Vodka, and
subsequently replaced by good old reliable pee. (waste not, want not)

Only the systematically perverted mindset of this mostly Old Testament
Usenet from naysay hell, that is in any formal disagreement as based
entirely upon their own faith-based crapolla, are of what's getting
this notion terminated, by way of those intent upon keeping all of
those mutually perpetrated cold-war and religious hocus-pocus lids on
tight, as for otherwise their having been focused upon topic/author
bashings, diverting and/or their total banishing upon all that's
Venus. (I think it's mostly a silly Old Testament Jewish thing, along
with those crazy Catholics and a few other cults bringing up the rear)

Unfortunately, ESA's Venus EXPRESS(VIRTIS) mission is keeping itself
every bit as dead as that of whatever our MI/NSA~NASA wants it to be
dead. The thermal imaging data from their robust PFS instrument has
been kept entirely taboo/nondisclosure rated (aka need to know) from
the very get go.

The surface of Venus is still giving off the average of 20.5 w/m2
(roughly 256 fold greater core energy loss than Earth), and the lower
atmospheric environment of Venus (below them relatively cool acidic
clouds) as having in fact been rather nicely insulated at that, as
well as for having incorporated that fairly robust S8 layer as being
an extra nifty solar isolation benefit, so that damn little of the
available solar IR influx ever reaches that geothermally forced
surface or even contributing all that much solar energy into that
dense lower atmosphere, of what's mostly a thick vapor/dry mixture of
S8 and CO2, that's otherwise unavoidably made available and sustained
as being toasty hot from whatever just below the geothermal surface on
up.

Venus is NOT getting solar roasted to death, at least not entirely if
hardly so.

ESA's sorry as hell "status reports" are all the way down to being
robo status quo. It's as though they're down to the science data
sharing dregs of a pair of soup cans and some string.

ESA's mission demise is too bad because, Venus has otherwise been so
nearby (at times merely 100 fold greater distance than our moon), so
otherwise planetology alive and kicking, as well as so ET accessible
(except for the likes of us village heathen idiots that still can't
honestly manage to walk upon our very own nearby moon, and much less
dare live to tell about it w/o involving banked bone marrow).

BTW; why are those other "The Ghost In The Machine" minions so
entirely screwed up?
-
Brad Guth

very cool ROC Amateur Astronomy 2 June 28th 05 06:00 AM
COOL www.ultravideo.fr.st Astronomy Misc 0 March 29th 04 04:44 AM
COOL www.ultravideo.fr.st Amateur Astronomy 0 March 29th 04 04:44 AM
Cool! Sally Misc 3 November 27th 03 01:21 PM
Cool! Sally UK Astronomy 2 November 27th 03 12:56 PM