CEV PDQ

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 26th 05, 03:01 AM
Reunite Gondwanaland (Mary Shafer)

On Mon, 16 May 2005 18:54:58 -0400, "Scott Hedrick"
wrote:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 May 2005 12:37:42 -0400, in a place far, far away, "Scott
Hedrick" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

That's nice, but that doesn't mean that money is being allocated *now*.

Actually it does.

How does the promise of money offered as a prize for completion of a task
mean that actual money is being allocated to accomplish that task?

It gives credibility to the project, by proving that there's enough
serious interest in the goal that's its worth investing in. It worked
for Lindbergh and McCready, to name just two who raised the money to
accomplish tasks that carried prizes for the first to do them.

Do you know the names of the Lindbergh backers? How about where they
lived?

Mary

We didn't just do weird stuff at Dryden, we wrote reports about it.
or