NASA slips up! The TRUTH is finally revealed!

Old April 13th 18, 06:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default NASA slips up! The TRUTH is finally revealed!

Look at this image describing Exploration Mission-1:

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/e...-mission-1-map

and the similar image about Exploration Mission-2, scroll down on this page:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2018...werful-rocket/

Notice the Earth on both images.

Basically, it looks like this:

https://map-projections.net/single-v...al-equidistant

which either is a nod to the World Government Conspiracy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_o...United_Nations

or an accidental revelation of what the Earth REALLY looks like:

http://spookygeology.com/anti-globul...in-popularity/

Yes! The Earth is flat, and NASA finally slipped up and let the cat out of the bag!

John Savard
Old April 14th 18, 07:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Friday, 13 April 2018 19:32:20 UTC+2, Quadibloc wrote:
snip

Yes! The Earth is flat, and NASA finally slipped up and let the cat out of the bag!

Well, I don't know what you're using, but your planet always looks basically spherical every time I return here. As do all the others, I am required to visit, on my tiresome, official duties.

Not that I can usually be bothered to look out of the vis-ports on final approach. It's not as if there is ever anything new or interesting to see here. Just another 'landfill' planet plagued with an obscene excess of bipedal rats.

Luckily I am not required to breathe the toxic atmosphere. The smell down on the surface must be quite unimaginable!

"Scan and move quickly on," is the unbreakable rule. One I am happy to follow to the letter, of The First Law of Conservation.
Old April 14th 18, 11:13 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

On Saturday, 14 April 2018 02:44:00 UTC-4, Chris.B wrote:
On Friday, 13 April 2018 19:32:20 UTC+2, Quadibloc wrote:
snip

Yes! The Earth is flat, and NASA finally slipped up and let the cat out of the bag!

Well, I don't know what you're using, but your planet always looks basically spherical every time I return here. As do all the others, I am required to visit, on my tiresome, official duties.

Not that I can usually be bothered to look out of the vis-ports on final approach. It's not as if there is ever anything new or interesting to see here. Just another 'landfill' planet plagued with an obscene excess of bipedal rats.

Luckily I am not required to breathe the toxic atmosphere. The smell down on the surface must be quite unimaginable!

"Scan and move quickly on," is the unbreakable rule. One I am happy to follow to the letter, of The First Law of Conservation.

I thought we were a 2D hologram created by a black hole?
Old April 15th 18, 07:22 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Sunday, 15 April 2018 00:13:08 UTC+2, RichA wrote:

I thought we were a 2D hologram created by a black hole?

Have you been listening to 1473½'s propaganda again?
I blame the toxic creosote he used on his soap box when he fist started here.
It took him years to become basically functional in English and social interaction.
Clear signs of chronic toxic overload IMHO.
Unless it was something even worse?
He may have been dropped on his head, on the Blarney Stone, as an infant.. ;-)
Old April 15th 18, 06:04 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

http://astrosun2.astro.cornell.edu/a...dereal_day.gif

A strange era. The .986° is based on the Lat/Long system where 4 minutes equates to 1° longitude so .986° equates to 3 minutes 56 seconds. The idea is the Earth rotates to the Sun in 24 hours and to the stars 3 minutes 56 seconds earlier of 23 hours 56 minutes 04 seconds. That was done over 20 years ago so I just shrug and do what I can to bring up astronomical topics of interest be introducing new insights, reworking old observations, historical and technical viewpoints and so on.

As long as people equate rotation directly with stellar circumpolar rotation (RA/Dec) in bypassing the noon Sun as the primary reference (day/night cycle, equation of time) the ideas people have including a flat is as good as another.

Didn't think people would prefer to die in ignominy but after 20 years of this, I see otherwise.

Old April 16th 18, 06:26 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_3_]

On Sunday, 15 April 2018 19:04:39 UTC+2, 1473½ wrote:

Didn't think people would prefer to die in ignominy but after 20 years of this, I see otherwise.

True. Your chronic addiction to creosote fumes has certainly taken its toll..
Old April 16th 18, 07:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

There is a sense of entitlement in all this that reflects anarchy rather than insanity for how else to account for the disregard of basic principles surrounding a round and rotating Earth with all its effects.

The fateful conclusion in bypassing the inequalities observed in the length of the noon Sun and the Equation of Time principle which equalizes the variations to a 24 hour average and then the delicate switch from 'average' to 'constant' rotation via the Lat/Long system is worthy of any human achievement but sadly not today or any other day.

The invitation is to step back into organized astronomy and not give into the temptation of defying reasoning because there is nobody around to object..
Old April 17th 18, 12:29 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 12:32:30 PM UTC-6, Gerald Kelleher wrote:
the delicate switch from 'average' to 'constant' rotation

It _is_ a delicate switch, but *you* insist on ignoring the circumstances under
which maintaining the distinction between the two is vital. *We* know the
difference, and maintain the distinction properly, and are still able to make use
of time in relation to longitude, thank you very much.

John Savard