Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old June 13th 15, 07:00 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Only 60F now at 10:45 AM here in Gresham. Mostly sunny with morning clouds..

Heard on the news that Portland is the worst city in the US for hay fever pollens! Second and third worst are Salem, OR, and Eugen, OR! I know that when I worked downtown Portland, and more recently when I lived there, I was always bothered by hay fever, especially in the spring. But the years i stayed away from downtown, I had no problem. I have no problem here Gresham. I suspect it is the elm trees down there.

You can now see my tweets at twitter.com/doublea333a.

Double-A

Old June 13th 15, 08:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA Same weather everyday for past 7 weeks.Cloudy mornings and cool afternoons.No rain.So glad my prostrate operation did away with wearing a catheter. Indoor plumbing is thge way to go. Can;t get phase 2 to kick in,but phase 1 of M&M is doing very well.In time it will be big. Bert
Old June 13th 15, 08:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Trollnot20l5

"Double-A" wrote in message

Only 60F now at 10:45 AM here in Gresham. Mostly sunny with morning clouds.

Heard on the news that Portland is the worst city in the US for hay fever
pollens! Second and third worst are Salem, OR, and Eugen, OR! I know that
when I worked downtown Portland, and more recently when I lived there, I was
always bothered by hay fever, especially in the spring. But the years i
stayed away from downtown, I had no problem. I have no problem here
Gresham. I suspect it is the elm trees down there.

You can now see my tweets at twitter.com/doublea333a.

Double-A

*******************
The absolute worst place is Hagar's trailer park in California's Central
Valley. Here it is so lacking water that the sewage lagoon has dried up
sending powdered **** throughout the camp. Little children are fleeing and
even the next door truck stop $10 whores are bailing, leaving Hags with no
entertainment other than Dolly the sheep whose wool is now brown.

Old June 14th 15, 08:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, June 13, 2015 at 12:22:33 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Glad to hear that Pee-air is back up to speed.

As I walked out to the bus stop this morning, the bus came by just ahead of schedule! I ran to try to catch it, but it wouldn't wait for me! I went back to my apartment to rest a bit. The buses come less often on Sunday. When I went out well ahead of time to catch the next bus, it didn't come at all! Finally, in frustration, I started walking down the road. When the time for the next following bus drew near, I waited at a bus stop and it came, and took me the rest of the way to the transit center. There was no transfer bus there, so I walked the rest of the way to the library. Sunday is not a good day to ride the buses!

The church just down the street from here really fills up several parking parking lot during two Sunday morning services. They must be doing some real fire and brimstone preaching and serious Bible banging to keep all those people coming back! Today they are having a BBQ.

Yesterday I bought some Oregon grown strawberries at the Farmer's Market that sets up across the street on Saturdays. They let me taste one first, and I said, "That's Oregon grown!" The ones they ship up here from California look pretty but have no flavor!

Double-A

Old June 15th 15, 07:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Another lovely day here in Gresham. Sunny and currently an ideal 72F as of 11:45 AM. Later we may see up to 89F. Yesterday it got to 87F. No rain in sight!

Our Governor and the legislators are complete believers in global warming, so after this little dry spell, a drought is being declared, and the fire season is starting early.

Double-A

Old June 16th 15, 07:36 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A little bit cooler. Temp is 64F as of 11:30 PM here in Gresham. Expecting a high of 78F. Nice and dry.

Double-A

Old June 16th 15, 11:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 11:36:34 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A little bit cooler. Temp is 64F as of 11:30 PM here in Gresham. Expecting a high of 78F. Nice and dry.

Double-A

AA Its getting warmer,and less fogy mornings,but even at 83 its very windy.Spending weekend with my friends at H.B. Here is a kicker they want me to build a deck for them.They liked the one I built.No way To old.Seems AA when I built decks years ago they would sell themselves.I kind of goes with sliding doors. You are only 62 and its a good way to make easy money,and met people. Bert
Old June 18th 15, 02:00 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 3:45:07 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 11:36:34 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A little bit cooler. Temp is 64F as of 11:30 PM here in Gresham. Expecting a high of 78F. Nice and dry.

Double-A

AA Its getting warmer,and less fogy mornings,but even at 83 its very windy.Spending weekend with my friends at H.B. Here is a kicker they want me to build a deck for them.They liked the one I built.No way To old.Seems AA when I built decks years ago they would sell themselves.I kind of goes with sliding doors. You are only 62 and its a good way to make easy money,and met people. Bert

A nice afternoon here in Gresham. 80F at 5:45 PM. Another good lunch with Kim.

I am 66. I would like to install a sliding screen door on my sliding patio doors. If I get the right size, it should be a snap. Carrying it home from Home Depot might be a trick though.

Double-A

Old June 18th 15, 01:08 PM posted to alt.astronomy
HVAC[_2_]

On 6/17/2015 9:00 PM, Double-A wrote:
[...]

They deliver

--
Cut off one head, two more shall take its place.
HAIL HYDRA!
Old June 18th 15, 09:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, June 18, 2015 at 5:07:30 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the tip.

Another lovely day in Gresham. Currently sunny and 74F as of 1:00 PM. Expected high 81F.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM