Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old May 27th 15, 07:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 6:07:15 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting.. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

Ooops Fogot LA weather same all moth of May cool cloudy and not sailing weather.Thinking of beach sand and doing a post on universe and all its sand..I have Huntington Beach sand in my shoes. Reality is the universe has so much sand its possible we are lucky its not all sand?? It takes sand to make rocks.There is micro sand(dust) Well read my post on sand.My latest friend the lady cop is called Sandy.I have sand on my mind O ya Bert

Nothing new weather same.I'm a day older and wiser.Looked in the mirror and did not see me. I saw a very old man.Crazy that he thinks he can do the second phase of M&M.Crazy for tying to do stuff he could do 25 years ago but not anymore.How can I run a seminar? Sad but no use kidding myself.Bert PS.What to do next?
Old May 28th 15, 03:07 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 11:51:01 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Of course there are things you can do now that you couldn't do 25 years ago, because you are now smarter, and probably have more guts.

Had a lengthy lunch with Kim at the buffet. Went home and had a beer, and then came back to the library. Sunny and 78F here in Gresham as of 7:00 PM.. Supposed to stay warmer for the next 5 days.

Double-A

Old May 28th 15, 08:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Already 72F as of noon here in Gresham. Expected to be about 82F before the day is over. Plenty of sunshine.

Took a couple of bags of cans to the Oregon Recycling Center in Gresham before coming to the library. Oregon is converting from returning cans to stores to returning cans to central state run locations. Not my profession anymore, just returns.

Double-A

Old May 29th 15, 01:28 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Temp.85,and next 3 days 95. Off to the beach.Watch the surfers,as the get ready for July when surfers come from all over the world to win top prize.. When I tell people I will sell M&M and retire they all say "Its about time" So why am I so depressed thinking about it?? Ican't seem to get into Twitter,and gthat tells me something. Bert
Old May 29th 15, 05:59 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 5:28:41 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

AA Still not all that warm.We are getting your kind of weather.Well June is just a few days away. Bert
Old May 29th 15, 07:34 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, May 29, 2015 at 9:59:55 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Warm weather here. It made it to 85F on my backyard thermometer yesterday. Now it is sunny, clear, and 69F as of 11:15 AM here in Gresham (but the sun makes it feel much hotter than that). On its way to being probably as hot as yesterday later. Easy to get a sunburn this time of year because the sun is so high overhead.

I don't know anything about Twitter either, but I think you have to sign up to post to it. But I gave you Twittering's link: twitter.com/lettersnow . You remeber letersnow was her nom de plume as editor of mail at Penthouse Magazine.

Here on the Columbia River wind surfing is the big deal, mostly up by Hood River where it is quite windy.

Double-A

Old May 30th 15, 06:27 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Its warmer where you are.Weather man has egg on his face.I'm typing at the senior center waiting for sun to come out.Will not go to the beach until it does.Twitter is not user friendly. Its like my new cell phone to many buttons to push. Twitty would not be happy posting here with these 4 low wit low lives to contend with. Bert
Old May 30th 15, 07:57 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 10:27:23 AM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Only 63F here as of 11:45 AM. Might get up to 80F later. It's sunny, but high clouds filter the sun's heat.

Twittering may not enjoy the rude comments here, but in other groups where she used to post, she put up with much worse, even threats on her life.

The farmer's market is going on outside until 2 PM. I might go out and buy a package of nuts. Still have plenty of vegetables in the refrigerator.

Double-A

Old May 31st 15, 09:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Mostly sunny, but lots of clouds. 71F now at 1:00 PM here in Gresham. May get up to 80F later on, but there is a chance of thunder storms tonight, especially in the mountains. That's good for the drought, but bad if they start forest fires.

Double-A

Old June 1st 15, 10:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Rained most of this morning. Now the rain has stopped, but still cloudy with a little sun filtering through. Only 60F as of 2:00 PM here in Gresham. Might get only to 63F later.

A series of earthquakes occurred 300 miles off the coast of Oregon last night, the strongest being 5.8!

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/stor...egon/28295673/

The homeland security act has lapsed, so now is the window of opportunity post what's really on your minds without the certainty of your being watched! Former Republican House Speaker Dennis Hastert was a supporter homeland security, but it's implementation led the FBI to asking why he was moving so much money around. Of course he lied to cover up the hush money he was paying, and now he's in deep ****! Liked little boys a little to much! I'll bet he was a big supporter of family values too!

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM