Peroxide catalysts

Old March 18th 05, 12:50 AM
Earl Colby Pottinger

Default Peroxide catalysts

Please read: http://www.dailycal.org/article.php?id=18043

What is going on here? I thought copper could not serve to decompose
peroxide fast enough to be useful, and iron only worked as good catalyst in
it's oxide form which is not mechanically strong enough and break apart and
washed away by the gas stream. Does anyone know how they did it?

Earl Colby Pottinger

--
I make public email sent to me! Hydrogen Peroxide Rockets, OpenBeos,
SerialTransfer 3.0, RAMDISK, BoatBuilding, DIY TabletPC. What happened to
Old March 18th 05, 03:41 AM
Paul F. Dietz

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:
Please read: http://www.dailycal.org/article.php?id=18043

What is going on here? I thought copper could not serve to decompose
peroxide fast enough to be useful, and iron only worked as good catalyst in
it's oxide form which is not mechanically strong enough and break apart and
washed away by the gas stream. Does anyone know how they did it?

Sounds to me like they were using a liquid catalyst?

Paul
Old March 18th 05, 12:37 PM
Sander Vesik

Earl Colby Pottinger wrote:
Please read: http://www.dailycal.org/article.php?id=18043

What is going on here? I thought copper could not serve to decompose
peroxide fast enough to be useful, and iron only worked as good catalyst in
it's oxide form which is not mechanically strong enough and break apart and
washed away by the gas stream. Does anyone know how they did it?

From the description my initial guess would be mixing fine powdered

copper into peroxide.

Earl Colby Pottinger

--