Gravity and OK GO

Old February 12th 16, 03:53 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Gravity and OK GO

In article , says...

On Feb/11/2016 3:13 PM, JF Mezei wrote :
Not sure how much training and how many takes each scene took but it

is
all perfectly edited into a single seamless flow.

This shows that one doesn't need to spend years in astronaut class to
handle 0g.

Well 0gs in a space station is different. You don't want to throw
liquids around in a space station. On a 0g plane ride it can be fun but
on a space station with science equipment it can cause trouble. Even
without science equipment, if the liquid isn't going to fall in a minute
having that floating around can be annoying. There is also all kinds of
things that you don't need to learn before a joy ride like that but you
need to learn before going to a space station. You need to learn to use
a toilet, prepare food ...

Then there are all the emergency procedures you need to know about when
you go to a space station. If there is an emergency in a 0g plane, the
pilot puts an end to the 0g experience, you go back to your seat and the
rest is as on a normal plane ride with an emergency. In a space station
if there is an emergency, it is a little different.

So the space station is for well behaved government astronauts only, got
it. ;-)

Seriously though... I don't think the point was the setting or exactly
what was done in the video. The point was that people can function
normally in 0g without years of training.

Jeff