Missing?

Old August 18th 15, 09:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

Default Missing?

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message

Alain Fournier wrote:

On 8/17/15 11:15 PM, Fred J. McCall wrote :
Alain Fournier wrote:

On 8/17/15 11:00 AM, Fred J. McCall wrote :
jacob navia wrote:

Le 16/08/2015 23:04, Fred J. McCall a écrit :
In this newsgroup only the republicans survive.

Only idiots like Navia are thinking with their politics.

The rest of us are going with the facts. Folks who want to think
with
their politics can't stand that.

I said (snipped by McCall)

"Mr McCall is a typical example. In all his posts there are only
insults, never any arguments nor a technical discussion."

Confirmed immediately by McCall himself. Look at his post.

I insult YOU, Navia. That's because you're a lying idiot. You
apparently don't read or ignore all the other posts.

No you insult most anyone who doesn't agree with you. You have been
told
this many times. It is annoying for the news group.

So are you. So do you. So have you.

I don't recall doing so.

Of course you don't. No one does. Look at Bob's (and Mook's)
attitude; they're not insults if the target 'deserves' it.

No, that's far more often your claim.
The biggest single difference between you and Mook is you're not nuts and
actually do have a lot of useful knowledge to contribute to this group.

Old August 20th 15, 11:51 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jonathan[_12_]

On 8/15/2015 6:53 AM, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Fred what are you doing in here? Why are you
bothering these nice people?

It's kinda like when some old geezer
wanders away from the rest home.

Old January 24th 16, 03:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article ,
says...

Mook is still writing but posts to his LinkedIn page:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/williammook

With exciting "articles" like:

SpaceX and the Final Frontier
January 6, 2016

This one includes SpaceX buying every other US space company (breaking
up the US Military Industrial Complex's stranglehold on space) as well
as this gem:

With suspended animation, weight per person drops to 0.1 tons per
person along with 0.5 tons for Mars landing, and that's 0.6 tons
per person.

Because suspended animation on a human is proven tech to Mook. :-P

And this:

SpaceX can organise the prison companies and investment companies
to create opportunities for both these people, while reducing
population on Earth, and developing Mars' capacity to support
people.

So, we're going to colonize Mars with prisoners, I suppose because no
one else would want to go?

The title of this next one is more than enough to show Mook is still out
in Neverland:

Industrial Production of Positronium and its uses
December 5, 2015

Jeff
Old January 24th 16, 10:37 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

says...

Mook is still writing but posts to his LinkedIn page:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/williammook

With exciting "articles" like:

SpaceX and the Final Frontier
January 6, 2016

This one includes SpaceX buying every other US space company (breaking
up the US Military Industrial Complex's stranglehold on space) as well
as this gem:

With suspended animation, weight per person drops to 0.1 tons per
person along with 0.5 tons for Mars landing, and that's 0.6 tons
per person.

Because suspended animation on a human is proven tech to Mook. :-P

Yeah. Because you know it's sorta worked in a few mammals for a few hours a
few times.

Just scale that right up to humans. What could possibly go wrong.

And this:

SpaceX can organise the prison companies and investment companies
to create opportunities for both these people, while reducing
population on Earth, and developing Mars' capacity to support
people.

So, we're going to colonize Mars with prisoners, I suppose because no
one else would want to go?

Hey, worked for Georgia and Australia. :-)

Old January 25th 16, 02:06 AM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 1/24/2016 5:37 PM, Greg (Strider) Moore wrote:
[...]

I figured one of two things. Mook moved to New Zealand because either
the mushrooms are cheaper or the Tort laws are more lax. (Or maybe both! ;-)

Tis a beautiful country though. It's on my bucket list!

Dave

Old January 25th 16, 12:56 PM posted to sci.space.policy
David Spain

On 1/25/2016 12:43 AM, Fred J. McCall wrote:
"Robert Clark" wrote:

Mook's *numbers* are right eventhough the tech isn't doable now. His
articles would make great grist for
sci-fi stories.

That was always the problem with Mook. He was obsessed with
arithmetic but always took off from unreasonable premises.

Exactly. Fred puts it succinctly, I could not have said it better myself.

Too bad Mook didn't take well to direction. Who knows what we may have
learned had he put his mathematical abilities to better use?

Dave

Old January 25th 16, 06:21 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Rick Jones[_6_]

I suppose one might hope that Mook is not like Beetlejuice, for
invoking his name too often/casually may cause him to reappear.

rick jones
--
web2.0 n, the dot.com reunion tour...
these opinions are mine, all mine; HPE might not want them anyway...
Old January 25th 16, 07:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Greg \(Strider\) Moore

"Robert Clark" wrote:

Mook's *numbers* are right eventhough the tech isn't doable now. His
articles would make great grist for
sci-fi stories.

That was always the problem with Mook. He was obsessed with
arithmetic but always took off from unreasonable premises.

Exactly. Fred puts it succinctly, I could not have said it better myself.

Too bad Mook didn't take well to direction. Who knows what we may have
learned had he put his mathematical abilities to better use?

On one hand, I think we need someone LIKE Mook.
Someone who can think outside the box. A person who can look at ideas that
others have not.

Someone sort of like John C. Houbolt who is willing to question the status
quo.

But more like Houbolt who will question the current paradigm, but whose math
works out and who can actually convince others of his ideas.

Dave

Old January 25th 16, 10:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

"Robert Clark" wrote:

[...]

I liked mook, but most of his ideas were above me...

the problem was fred j mc call who was just 100% offensive, and no doubt drove many people from here

Something is Missing Arc Michael Misc 0 February 21st 15 07:03 PM
Missing Son FragileWarrior Amateur Astronomy 0 September 21st 07 01:57 PM
oldest star in the Milky Way discovered to date Cosmic Missing Mass Problem; Wikipedia editor learns where the missing mass is a_plutonium[_1_] Astronomy Misc 1 May 15th 07 04:34 AM
What is Missing??? G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 10 April 14th 05 12:01 AM
What is missing? Brian Thorn Policy 2 January 11th 04 07:46 PM