Would someone PLEASE ...

Old August 17th 09, 02:07 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default Would someone PLEASE ...

.... show me where to find the instructions for setting up a filter/
killfile for a Usenet group?

Thanks.
Old August 17th 09, 07:43 PM posted to sci.space.history
Damon Hill[_4_]

" wrote in news:479e048a-246d-
:

... show me where to find the instructions for setting up a filter/
killfile for a Usenet group?

What newsreader are you using?

--Damon

Old August 17th 09, 10:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

On Aug 17, 2:43 pm, Damon Hill wrote:
... show me where to find the instructions for setting up a filter/
killfile for a Usenet group?

What newsreader are you using?

I have Netscape 7.2 and Firefox in two flavors (1.5 and 3.x).

Old August 18th 09, 02:12 PM posted to sci.space.history
Jeff Findley

wrote in message
On Aug 17, 2:43 pm, Damon Hill wrote:
... show me where to find the instructions for setting up a filter/
killfile for a Usenet group?

What newsreader are you using?

I have Netscape 7.2 and Firefox in two flavors (1.5 and 3.x).

As far as I know, those are web browsers, not newsreaders. Exactly how are
you reading and posting to newsgroups using web browsers? No wait, I see
"googlegroups" in your posting. There's your problem!

Start using a newsreader and a news feed to read newsgroups and you'll be
able to "killfile" posters you'd like to ignore. Check with your ISP to see
if they have a Usenet newsfeed you can use. Both my ISP at work and at home
provide Usenet newsfeeds.

Jeff
--
"Take heart amid the deepening gloom
that your dog is finally getting enough cheese" - Deteriorata - National

Old August 19th 09, 04:59 PM posted to sci.space.history
Dr J R Stockton[_41_]

In sci.space.history message ,
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:12:02, Jeff Findley
posted:

wrote in message
On Aug 17, 2:43 pm, Damon Hill wrote:
... show me where to find the instructions for setting up a filter/
killfile for a Usenet group?

What newsreader are you using?

I have Netscape 7.2 and Firefox in two flavors (1.5 and 3.x).

As far as I know, those are web browsers, not newsreaders.

You may be right - he should check their Websites, since newsreading may
have been added.

Exactly how are
you reading and posting to newsgroups using web browsers? No wait, I see
"googlegroups" in your posting. There's your problem!

Start using a newsreader and a news feed to read newsgroups and you'll be
able to "killfile" posters you'd like to ignore. Check with your ISP to see
if they have a Usenet newsfeed you can use. Both my ISP at work and at home
provide Usenet newsfeeds.

There are also free public servers, such as eternal-september.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. replyYYWW merlyn demon co uk Turnpike 6.05.
Web URL:http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html - Timo Salmi: Usenet Q&A.