Beagle 2 remains silent (Forwarded)

Old January 12th 04, 09:37 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

Default Beagle 2 remains silent (Forwarded)

In message , Andrew Yee
writes

Beagle 2 remains silent

The next phase will be to initiate a period of radio silence where no
communication attempts will be made with Beagle 2 until the 22 January.
Adopting this approach will force Beagle 2 into communication search
mode 2 [CSM2] where the probe will automatically transmit a signal
throughout the Martian day [power is still conserved during the night].

I've asked this before but assuming Beagle 2 is "alive", does it "know"
it's night (using a light sensor, for instance) or is it still running
on a clock?
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10
Old January 13th 04, 12:05 AM
CeeBee

Jonathan Silverlight wrote
in sci.astro:

I've asked this before but assuming Beagle 2 is "alive", does it "know"
it's night (using a light sensor, for instance) or is it still running
on a clock?

IIRC it determines day from night by the fact that the solar panels
receive power from daylight, starting up transmission mode. I assume it's
better to speak about "should have determined... if it would have
received....". Alas.

--
CeeBee

"I am not a crook"