NASA lost apollo flight data

Old December 8th 15, 02:59 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

Default NASA lost apollo flight data

It appears nasa lost data of some sort, at the end of the apollo program.

a nasa employee got 3 flight data recorders along with over 600 tapes of data,

a friend of mine aquired the FDRs and tapes after a family member died, who had the stuff originally...well denny died and his family called nasa about this stuff. nasa sent 2 employees by car from maryland to pittsburgh, they came to take a look and left with 2 truckloads of stuff. they hope this may recover data from 3 apollo missions.

dennys daughter knowing my interest in nasa and space stuff in general called to give me news of this discovery.

I hope that nasa is better about retaining stuff from historic missions

Jean promised to keep me informed of future devlopments, and I will pst them here.
Old December 8th 15, 12:04 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

In article ,
says...

It appears nasa lost data of some sort, at the end of the apollo program.

a nasa employee got 3 flight data recorders along with over 600 tapes of data,

a friend of mine aquired the FDRs and tapes after a family member died, who had the stuff originally...well denny died and his family called nasa about this stuff. nasa sent 2 employees by car from maryland to pittsburgh, they came to take a look and left with 2 truckloads of stuff. they hope this may recover data from 3 apollo missions.

dennys daughter knowing my interest in nasa and space stuff in general called to give me news of this discovery.

I hope that nasa is better about retaining stuff from historic missions

Jean promised to keep me informed of future devlopments, and I will pst them here.

Something this important ought to have a news story to go along with it.
Got a cite? If not, websites like NASA Watch would be interested in
this.

In recent past, recovering data from tapes this old has been done by the
Lunar Orbiter Image Recovery Project (LOIRP).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_...covery_Project

Hopefully the tapes and data recorders will make there way there.

Jeff