precession of the equinoxes?

Old November 5th 06, 09:01 PM posted to alt.astronomy.solar
Tom Linden

Default precession of the equinoxes?

I was looking at some data,

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/EarthSeasons.html

I could not figure out why the duration between Winter solstice and the
immediately
following perhelion jumps around. We know that the perhelion should
advance one
day on our calendars about every 71 years. So you would think there
should be about
a 2o minute increase from one year to the next. Anybody have an
explanation?

Tom

Precession G=EMC^2 Glazier Misc 1 July 15th 06 06:58 PM
Precession of the Equinoxes AK47 Astronomy Misc 5 June 29th 06 12:06 AM
Precession question queetzal Technology 2 December 18th 04 12:11 AM
Precession of the equinoxes?? Alan Brown Misc 4 July 12th 04 08:05 AM
is there really a 26000 year period for the precession of the Denis Roegel Research 2 September 25th 03 07:29 PM