Time in Perspective

Old March 25th 19, 12:44 PM posted to alt.astronomy
[email protected]

Default Time in Perspective

Proponents of the Big Bang Theory ( I'm certainly NOT one. ), say that
all the stuff of the universe, sprang out of a point about
12.8 billion years ago ( How completely ridiculous is that ?! ).

When considering these things, I like to think in terms of millennia
or 1,000 years, since this is something that we might have some
practical grasp of.

After all, a measly 2 millennia ago will take us all the way back to
the Roman Empire.

A million years, is 1,000 millennia, or 500 times as far back as Rome.

The last dinosaur was 65 times that ago.

Now for the billions. These are an incredible 1,000 millions of years
( remember each million is fully 1,000 millennia ).

The age of the Earth is thought to be several billion years.

A change of perspective oriel36[_2_] Amateur Astronomy 7 February 5th 15 09:50 PM
A Different Perspective Brad Guth[_3_] Misc 1 April 15th 14 10:36 PM
Perspective Nightcrawler Misc 3 November 15th 09 01:41 PM
barn such as sensible perspective [email protected] Amateur Astronomy 0 August 19th 07 02:05 AM
Spaceship One in perspective John Doe Space Shuttle 91 June 30th 04 07:18 PM