Things being done in space..

Old July 27th 10, 08:27 AM posted to sci.space.station
Brian Gaff

Default Things being done in space..

I saw a news item about using sign language from the iss the other day, and
it set me thinking, in a communications failure on an eva for instance, is
there a kind of sign language that everyone knows so some info can be
given and received from the cut off crew?

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old July 27th 10, 01:51 PM posted to sci.space.station
David Spain

Brian Gaff wrote:
I saw a news item about using sign language from the iss the other day, and
it set me thinking, in a communications failure on an eva for instance, is
there a kind of sign language that everyone knows so some info can be
given and received from the cut off crew?

Brian

You mean other than the raised middle finger?

:-)

Dave
Old July 29th 10, 09:10 PM posted to sci.space.station
David Spain

Brian Gaff wrote:
Apparently sneezing in a space suit is not a good thing to do.

Which brings up a good point. Why don't spacesuits have a fluid filter in the
air circulation loop? I'm assuming we've come a long ways from just pressuring
an airtight suit from an oxygen bottle.

Maybe this is all a bit more myth than reality. Who can send us links to set
the record straight?

Dave