Star Trek to return in '08

Old April 21st 06, 08:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Default Star Trek to return in '08

Prepare to hurl:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html

"The project will be directed by J.J. Abrams, whose Tom Cruise vehicle
"Mission: Impossible III" will be released by Paramount on May 5.
Abrams, famed for producing the TV shows "Alias" and "Lost," will also
help write and produce.

"Daily Variety said the action would center on the early days of "Star
Trek" characters James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first
meeting at Starfleet Academy and first outer-space mission."

Old April 21st 06, 10:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 21 Apr 2006 12:30:54 -0700, "
wrote:

Prepare to hurl:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html

"The project will be directed by J.J. Abrams, whose Tom Cruise vehicle
"Mission: Impossible III" will be released by Paramount on May 5.
Abrams, famed for producing the TV shows "Alias" and "Lost," will also
help write and produce.

"Daily Variety said the action would center on the early days of "Star
Trek" characters James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first
meeting at Starfleet Academy and first outer-space mission."

Well, I'm not overwhelmed by the "Starfleet Academy" storyline, but I
like Abrams coming aboard. Early "Alias" and "Lost" were excellent.

"Batman Begins" was a good flick, "Star Trek: The Beginning" could be
too. The devil will be in the details (casting, writing.)

Brian
Old April 21st 06, 10:58 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

" wrote in
message ups.com...
Prepare to hurl:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html

"The project will be directed by J.J. Abrams, whose Tom Cruise vehicle
"Mission: Impossible III" will be released by Paramount on May 5.
Abrams, famed for producing the TV shows "Alias" and "Lost," will also
help write and produce.

"Daily Variety said the action would center on the early days of "Star
Trek" characters James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock, including their first
meeting at Starfleet Academy and first outer-space mission."

I believe it when I see it ....
Paramount / Viacom also tired Series II which was a disaster of management
decisions and promises
now being made by these executive's off-string - Next Generation - in a bad
way.

gb

Old April 24th 06, 05:06 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Ask me how much I care about this. Go ahead, ask me.

Matthew Ota
prefers to stay on topic

Old April 24th 06, 07:36 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Matthew Ota ) wrote:
: Ask me how much I care about this. Go ahead, ask me.

I won't. But I do hope that the women are pretty...

: Matthew Ota
: prefers to stay on topic

Old April 24th 06, 08:48 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

In sci.space.policy Eric Chomko wrote:
Matthew Ota ) wrote:
: Ask me how much I care about this. Go ahead, ask me.

I won't. But I do hope that the women are pretty...

Well, given the number of gratuitous vulcan oilings last series...
Maybe introduce a new race that believes that clothes are sinful.
Old April 25th 06, 02:22 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Ian Stirling wrote in news:444d2b70$0$23158
:

Matthew Ota ) wrote:
: Ask me how much I care about this. Go ahead, ask me.

I won't. But I do hope that the women are pretty...

Well, given the number of gratuitous vulcan oilings last series...
Maybe introduce a new race that believes that clothes are sinful.

Shoot, just re-introduce the Deltans from ST:TMP, but including the
backstory that was in the novelization.

--
JRF

think one step ahead of IBM.