John Young on O'Keefe

Old December 17th 04, 11:41 AM

Default John Young on O'Keefe

After reading recent posts on this message board, I was amused to pick
up this morning's Houston Chronicle and read two articles quoting John
Young as being less-than-thrilled with O'Keefe's management of NASA.
Seems he, along with more than 100 employees he surveyed at a recent
meeting, is not impressed with O'Keefe's handling of safety issues in
the wake of Columbia...in fact, it appears he/they don't believe such
issues have been handled at all. However, I must say I was
disappointed by his fatalistic attitude on that issue; basically the
interviews say, "Do the best you can, and then whatever you get is what
you get." I would have thought after he lost his close friend in The
Fire he would be a little more militant on safety. But, overall he
seems to be far more willing to call a spade a spade at NASA than most.
Perhaps he should be tapped as the next administrator.

Old December 17th 04, 04:35 PM

may he write a book....an autobiography for ex.

Chris.