Just a moan really...

Old May 21st 04, 07:11 PM
Gary Cavie

Default Just a moan really...

I know, it always happens, but I do sometimes wonder if there really is a
God, and if I've upset him in some way.

Our AS (www.neas.org.uk) had a joint meeting scheduled with a couple of
radio clubs at our observatory last night. Went up on the Wednesday
night, to get everythign set up, and it was a fantastic night, saw loads
etc.

Come Thursday, and all is clouded in, raining etc.

Now tonight, and the sky is 90% clear again.

Just for the record, I am going to go to the observatory on SUNDAY night,
and spend several hours observing. (psst, I'm going tomorrow really, but
don't let anyone hear, especially that bloke up there^^)

Gary
Old May 21st 04, 07:20 PM
JimO

I was brought up in a Roman Catholic family believing in a god. I have now
grown up and know such teachings not to be true. Since getting into
astronomy I have had my current non belief confirmed as god is meant to be
a nice forgiving chap – because if he did exist why would he be such a
w*nker to astronomers?

Good luck on SATURDAY

James

Old May 21st 04, 11:46 PM
Stuart Turrell

he doesnt want people to find out he aint "just above us" astronomer are
likely to find that out, but the truth is he is millions of billions of
miles away in a nebula where he cant see us!
So he sends a lot of rain to block our views of up there!

s.com...

Old May 23rd 04, 02:48 AM
OG

"Stuart Turrell" wrote in message
he doesnt want people to find out he aint "just above us" astronomer are
likely to find that out, but the truth is he is millions of billions of
miles away in a nebula where he cant see us!
So he sends a lot of rain to block our views of up there!

He just wants us to find Him elsewhere. :-)

He's even in this NG quite a lot.

My theory anyway.

Owen

Old May 23rd 04, 09:26 AM
J.Hill

"OG" wrote in message

"Stuart Turrell" wrote in message
he doesnt want people to find out he aint "just above us" astronomer are
likely to find that out, but the truth is he is millions of billions of
miles away in a nebula where he cant see us!
So he sends a lot of rain to block our views of up there!

He just wants us to find Him elsewhere. :-)

He's even in this NG quite a lot.

My theory anyway.

Owen

Apparently, he sounds like James Mason. ;o)

Cheers,
Jim

Old May 24th 04, 07:13 AM
Chris.B

"J.Hill" wrote in message ...

Apparently, he sounds like James Mason. ;o)

Boddocks! She sounds more like Britney Spears!

Chris.B
Old May 24th 04, 03:54 PM
Robert Geake

In the words of John Cleese(For which i will punish him forever when he
arrives).

Hello, Im God.
Now can all you little people stop complaining about the weather, please...!

God

t...