observing jupiter the next few years

Old February 14th 05, 04:57 AM
David Nakamoto

"PaulCsouls" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:24:41 GMT, "David Nakamoto"
wrote:

"PaulCsouls" wrote in message
. ..
On 13 Feb 2005 09:50:52 -0800, wrote:

Beat, Saturn has been rained out this year and I enjoy those Jupiter
transits. Mars should be close and high this year. What season will
Mars be in during opposition? Will we see the ice caps change again?

According to my planetarium program, Summer appears to be ending for the
southern hemisphere, so perhaps we'll get a peak at it? But the north polar
cap
is coming out of winter, so how large can it be, and how easily seen? The
entire planet will only barely make it to 20 arc-seconds., 20% smaller than
the
tremendous opposition of 2001 (1999?). On the other hand, digital imaging and
especially web camera technology and the software to process it are better
than
at even the previous opposition, so we might actually get slightly better
views.
I'll be looking to upgrade my camera a few months before Opposition.
Opposition
around November this year?

During what season does Mars get those global dust storms?

(drops voice to stage-whisper . . . )

sssssssh! Just the mere mention of dust storms will curse us during an
opposition season. Just like everything else connected with weather, whether on
this planet or another, you think it, it'll come to pass. ^_^
--
Sincerely,
--- Dave

Old February 14th 05, 04:59 AM
David Nakamoto

wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, the southern hemisphere may be fortunate in some respects
regarding amateur astronomy, but I am still PROUD to be a native of,
and to live in, the greatest hemisphere of them all - the NORTHERN
hemisphere.

Allison

(a thump, as my head hits the desk in front of me for the SECOND time tonight .
.. . )

Ah, you H A D to go and say that, and let loose the hounds of debate.
(shakes head left-right, left-right . . . )

Old February 14th 05, 06:47 AM
holden

David Nakamoto wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, the southern hemisphere may be fortunate in some respects
regarding amateur astronomy, but I am still PROUD to be a native of,
and to live in, the greatest hemisphere of them all - the NORTHERN
hemisphere.

Allison

(a thump, as my head hits the desk in front of me for the SECOND time tonight .
. . )

Ah, you H A D to go and say that, and let loose the hounds of debate.
(shakes head left-right, left-right . . . )

boing boing....