Parallel QuickCam driver?

Old July 9th 03, 08:11 PM
Egon Spengler

Default Parallel QuickCam driver?

Hi folks,

I've just acquired a monochrome parallel quickcam to try some ccd imaging
with, but sadly no drivers disk.

Is anyone using one of these?
If so, can you point me to the correct drivers?

Many thanks

Egon

Old July 9th 03, 08:23 PM
Robert Geake

Im not an expert but google says:
ftp://ftp.cs.unm.edu/pub/chris/quickcam/

Old July 9th 03, 08:25 PM
A. Edwards

Err - Robert Geake mumbled something like:
Im not an expert but google says:
ftp://ftp.cs.unm.edu/pub/chris/quickcam/

"Egon Spengler" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I've just acquired a monochrome parallel quickcam to try some ccd
imaging with, but sadly no drivers disk.

Is anyone using one of these?
If so, can you point me to the correct drivers?

Many thanks

Egon

Do you want long exposure for it? If so, you need QCV2, google will find it
:O)

Arthur

52:30:25N, 1:17:51E
http://www.ambermile.co.uk

---

Old July 9th 03, 09:04 PM
Egon Spengler

"Robert Geake" wrote in message
Im not an expert but google says:
ftp://ftp.cs.unm.edu/pub/chris/quickcam/

"Egon Spengler" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I've just acquired a monochrome parallel quickcam to try some ccd

imaging
with, but sadly no drivers disk.

Is anyone using one of these?
If so, can you point me to the correct drivers?

Sadly linux drivers and my PC is windoze

I did search on google earlier, but to no avail.

Egon

Old July 9th 03, 09:43 PM
A. Edwards

Err - Egon Spengler mumbled something like:
"Robert Geake" wrote in message
Im not an expert but google says:
ftp://ftp.cs.unm.edu/pub/chris/quickcam/

"Egon Spengler" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I've just acquired a monochrome parallel quickcam to try some ccd
imaging with, but sadly no drivers disk.

Is anyone using one of these?
If so, can you point me to the correct drivers?

Sadly linux drivers and my PC is windoze

I did search on google earlier, but to no avail.

Egon

Ho hum then :O)

http://www.astrosurf.com/dallmon/html/quickcam.html

hth.

Arthur

52:30:25N, 1:17:51E
http://www.ambermile.co.uk

---

Old July 10th 03, 09:44 AM
Robin Leadbeater

"Egon Spengler" wrote in message

Sadly linux drivers and my PC is windoze

I did search on google earlier, but to no avail.

Egon

Ho hum then :O)

http://www.astrosurf.com/dallmon/html/quickcam.html

Thanks Arthur

Looks like a nice piece of software.
Gives me a bucket load of errors under XP, but the page does only list

win9x
and NT.

Time to play and see what happens

Many thanks

Egon

Hi Egon,

If you are running XP, you will probably need to allow the program to access
the parallel port. (I use directio) I also have some original camera drivers
which run on XP. Contact me off list if you get stuck

Robin

Robin Leadbeater
N54.75 W3.24
www.leadbeaterhome.fsnet.co.uk/astro.htm