Cost will stop time travel

Old September 27th 07, 05:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Sylvia Else

Default Cost will stop time travel

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001028,00.html

"SCIENCE isn't the biggest barrier to time travel, it would just be way
to [sic] expensive to build the time machine, an Australian physicist says."

Bummer. The public never understand economic problems.

Sylvia.

Old September 27th 07, 04:42 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Sep 26, 9:33 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...491524-5001028,...

"SCIENCE isn't the biggest barrier to time travel, it would just be way
to [sic] expensive to build the time machine, an Australian physicist says."

Bummer. The public never understand economic problems.

Sylvia.

The cost of local/terrestrial travel as brought most of us to a near
stand-still, along with furture energy cost going through the roof,
that which many of us can't even afford to sustain that roof because
of our spendy government and big business that's sucking us dry, while
essentially paying less for our work.

The truth isn't even public knowledge about our moon, and Venus is
simply need-to-know or taboo/nondisclosure rated. What gives?
- Brad Guth -

Old September 27th 07, 05:50 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Unclaimed Mysteries[_2_]

Michael Martin-Smith wrote:
I imagine the lawyers will have problems,too!
"Sylvia Else" wrote in message
u...
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001028,00.html
"SCIENCE isn't the biggest barrier to time travel, it would just be way
to [sic] expensive to build the time machine, an Australian physicist

says."
Bummer. The public never understand economic problems.

Sylvia.

TIME TRAVEL will reduce COSTS, if you do it right.

Two words: Side trip to Vegas.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

Old September 27th 07, 06:55 PM posted to sci.space.policy
BradGuth

On Sep 26, 9:33 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...491524-5001028,...

"SCIENCE isn't the biggest barrier to time travel, it would just be way
to [sic] expensive to build the time machine, an Australian physicist says."

Bummer. The public never understand economic problems.

Double bummer right back at you, as the future cost of whatever time
travel will become doable if we can stop systematically killing off
one another for sport and/or for whatever faith-based formulated
bigotry. Of course we'll still need to establish loads of clean
energy in surplus.

Today the true king or warlord in charge is obviously the one that can
best snooker us while lying his infomercial spewing butt off, and
getting away with it. After all, look how far Hitler got with just
the puppeteering expertise of those smart Zion Yids, as without their
smarts and command over their very own minions he wouldn't have
achieved 10% of what took place.

Willie Moo's 2015 "90% of verything" simply needs to become upward
adjusted to 99% of everything, because that's what the vast majority
of what the rest of us village idiots are in one way or another
accomplishing on behalf of the rich and powerful that seldom if ever
earn their loot or subsequent position of authority over others.

Actually Less than 0.1% of humanity is fully in charge of and directly
benefits from all the rest of our learned expertise and hard earned
loot, and by far these rich and powerful have also taken the most of
global energy, food and technology resources. In some places it as
little as .01% that's in charge, and of those being the most wealthy
and powerful is directly because of that ratio having been the case.

All we have to do in order to get much of anything accomplished for
the greater good of humanity and our badly failing environment is to
insure that the rich and powerful keep getting their usual 99% fair
share of the loot in exchange for their doings and/or expertise of
damn near nothing.

As long as such rich and powerful folks are in charge of interpreting
the past and present, pretty much insures that the future is always
going to be orchestrated and/or interpreted in their favor, as well as
for otherwise taking the fullest faith-based puppeteering advantage of
all that's within their scope, of which we common folk are not
entitled no matters how much we've directly contributed to those
solutions or end results.

In order to alter or moderate this ongoing fiasco will demand that the
whole truth and nothing but the truth get told, and that we focus our
best talents and affordably accessible resources upon the most
obtainable goals, instead of our having to butt protect and reinforce
upon the past so that the status quo future only insures that the rich
and powerful remain in charge.

Obtaining large amounts of renewable clean energy is simply one of the
most essential basics, as without such energy that's made affordable
and in good enough supply, we're screwed. Getting the most of clean
energy per given amount of fossil and even yellowcake fuel is also
another fundamental essential part of that solution, as well as on
behalf of salvaging what's left of our badly failing environment
that's only going to get pushed to the outer limits as humanity
populates and continually consumes damn near everything in sight, as
well as for taking much of what's out of our sight until it's too late
to recover from such arrogance, greed and corruption that leaves our
environment gasping for clean air and clean water in order to stay the
course and sustain their status quo.
- Brad Guth -

Old September 27th 07, 09:29 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jim Relsh

"Sylvia Else" schreef in bericht
u...
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001028,00.html

"SCIENCE isn't the biggest barrier to time travel, it would just be way to
[sic] expensive to build the time machine, an Australian physicist says."

Bummer. The public never understand economic problems.

I'd be surprised if time travel in any shape or form (including sending
information to the past/future) would be possible. I've once heard some
idiotic theory that it would only be possible to travel to a point in time
after a time machine was invented. If you think about it that's totally
stupid since it merely depends on your frame of reference. Aliens may have
invented time travel before us still allowing the 'Grandfather paradox' to
take place.

I've argued many times that we won't be able to know for sure if time travel
(or FTL travel) will be possible until we have a complete understanding of
the laws of physics, which we don't at the moment.

Old September 27th 07, 11:30 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Joe Strout

In article ,
"Jim Relsh" wrote:

I'd be surprised if time travel in any shape or form (including sending
information to the past/future) would be possible.

I'm pretty sure sending information to the future is possible. Let's
try it:

....Yep, I'm now looking at information that was sent by me several
seconds ago. (And you're looking at information that was sent
considerably farther into the future than that.)

I've once heard some
idiotic theory that it would only be possible to travel to a point in time
after a time machine was invented. If you think about it that's totally
stupid since it merely depends on your frame of reference.

No it's not. I doubt it's possible, but it is logically consistent and
does solve the temporal Fermi paradox.

Aliens may have invented time travel before us still allowing
the 'Grandfather paradox' to take place.

Only if there are any aliens more advanced than us. No evidence so far
suggests that that is the case.

Besides, there is no problem associated with being your own grandfather
that a reasonably well-adjusted family can't cope with.

I've argued many times that we won't be able to know for sure if time travel
(or FTL travel) will be possible until we have a complete understanding of
the laws of physics, which we don't at the moment.

True enough. But at least we know that traveling forward in time is
possible; it's only going backwards that is tricky.

--
"Polywell" fusion -- an approach to nuclear fusion that might actually work.
Learn more and discuss via: http://www.strout.net/info/science/polywell/
Old September 28th 07, 02:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Ian Parker

On 27 Sep, 21:29, "Jim Relsh" wrote:
"Sylvia Else" schreef in t.com.au...

[...]

If you travel bodily backwards in time (or FTL) there are innumerable
paradoxes which make it impossible. If you postulate information, that
is theoretically possible (just). What you have is a self consistency
criterion. Your FTL partlicles (or tachyons) traverse time in a self
consistent way.

A tachyon has got a very special Feynmann diagram which demands
consistency. If it cannot interact with ordinary matter, as a number
of people have postulated, that is one question solved.

If a tachyon which interacts with matter does exist it would
revolutionize our understanding of Physics. The tachyons would be in a
ground state and not really noticable. The Feynmann diagram of the
ground state could also help set the masses of the other particles.
Clearly a pretty mind blowing proposition.

I don't know whether they exist or not. If they do it would involve a
major shift in the paradymes of Physics. Are we prepared for this?

- Ian Parker

Old September 29th 07, 09:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Sep 28, 9:45 am, Ian Parker wrote:
[...]

Who is it, by virtue of their fortuitous self-knowledge, remains stuck
in the 5th dimension? Could it be that the same ionic mass of
the subprime mortgage loan market is also what swallows the
promise market of time travel?

The slowing down of motion moving forward in time might possibly
manifest a compression of the current spacetime metric around
a caudaceously sealed EG field. A returning time traveler from
the past who might just be making a 2,000 year stop along the
way, might have warned us of a potential 2012 catastrophe.

The only way out, he might say, is to build a machine like his
in order to jump ahead in time 'over' the galactic precessionary
period, in order to save ourselves. The other option is, of course,
to go underground like the Mayans (sounds like a curse from
the "Night of the Living Dead" - who could possibly wish for that?

Ralph Linsey

Old September 30th 07, 04:57 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.physics
richard schumacher

I've once heard some
idiotic theory that it would only be possible to travel to a point in time
after a time machine was invented. If you think about it that's totally
stupid since it merely depends on your frame of reference.

No it's not. I doubt it's possible, but it is logically consistent and
does solve the temporal Fermi paradox.

He's not arguing that time travel is impossible: he's arguing that the
postulated limitation of being unable to travel to a time before the
creation of the time machine is illogical, since observers in different
frames will disagree about when the time machine was created.

Hey stop asking me how much my gear cost Mean Mr Mustard Amateur Astronomy 9 September 28th 07 04:14 AM
Time Travel Lloyd Jones Misc 34 August 12th 04 06:36 PM
Time travel Whisper Misc 12 June 26th 04 11:46 AM
If Gravity Slows Times...Can It Stop Time? Benign Vanilla Misc 25 April 12th 04 09:41 PM
time travel??? called2preach2002 Misc 8 August 30th 03 07:42 PM