Late Sky over Rosamond

Old May 4th 05, 08:30 PM
Beta Persei

"Starlord" ha scritto nel messaggio
And now everyone can get an idea of what it's like having to walk anyplace
in town. Even if I road the one bus that goes to lancaster about every 3
or 4 hours, I'd have to walk the nearly 3 miles to the Hummel Hall bus
stop. The bus will NOT stop anyplace else, even as it goes right past the
trailer park I live in.

Well, looking back to the pics I noticed a couple of things: first in the
fourth image (Rosamond Offramp on Hwy 14), even walking long distances one
should not risk to be hit by cars or trucks...:-)
Second, in the fifth image (Wayside Chapel) it is possible to see a very
nice floodlight fixture, full cut-off anti-glare. Congrats!

--
---
Beta Persei

remove "_nospam" to reply

Old May 4th 05, 09:00 PM
Starlord

On the part of Rosamond Blvd I've had to walk over ( freeway over pass )
there are stop lights and sidewalks at lest on one side of the street. As
for the Wayside place, I don't think they have much in the way of night
events, and all I can say is that I've tried to spread the word about those
cutoff lights. Oh ya the Rosamond libery has frosted glass on top of their
parking lot lights that while are a bit soften, still broadcast light into
the sky. And what you can't see because they don't show, is the line of
billboards just above Ave A to about 1/2 the way to the Rosamond Blve
offramp which at night are all lighted up. Got a BIG one even ith the
trailer park whos lights send a wedge of light into the dark sky.

Oh ya, until I reach the postoffice area, 20th ST West has no sidewalks on
most of it and as I drag a radio flyer wagon behind me, I've got to stay on
the road itself. And during this time, I've loaded my scope into that wagon
and hauled it to the corner, 3 times I've taken Babylon 8 up that way and
that is not fun.

Sky over Rosamond Starlord Misc 0 May 3rd 05 07:39 PM
Close Call in Rosamond Starlord Misc 0 April 22nd 05 06:22 AM
Alan Erskine & Mary Shafe will Be late for their Christm boblpetersen1 Policy 3 November 24th 04 03:01 AM
The Late, Great Immanuel Velikovsky, This One's for YOU! Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 17 September 28th 03 04:49 PM
14th Annual Late, Great Immanuel Velikovsky Seance Ed Conrad Astronomy Misc 1 August 7th 03 12:05 PM