Something special for 2005 : Comet Temple

Old May 2nd 05, 11:04 PM
DrPostman

On Mon, 02 May 2005 02:51:08 GMT, "Wings" in
accordance with The Prophecy scribed:

Not a strange coincidence?? Please!........ I have no intention of
convincing anyone that the Biblecode is valid. I'm not convinced! But
unlike some skeptics in this forum I will not dismiss it outright. I've
had enough experience with the paranormal to know that something is
bleeding through from the next dimension. Anything is possible. Like I
said, numerous predictions are looming on the horizon. Let's wait and
see.

The Moby Dick Code is much more accurate:
http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html

--
DrPostman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253.

"Skepticism's bad rap arises from the impression
that, however necessary the activity, it can only
be regarded as a negative removal of false claims.
Not so... Proper debunking is done in the interest
of an alternate model of explanation, not as a nihilistic
exercise. The alternate model is rationality itself, tied
to moral decency--the most powerful joint instrument for
good that our planet has ever known."
-Stephen Jay Gould
Old May 2nd 05, 11:06 PM
DrPostman

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:00:32 GMT, "Wally Anglesea"
in accordance with The
Prophecy scribed:

Launching this December, "Deep Impact", due to fire a 820 pound projectile
into the comet, in July 2005, to give us a look at the composition.
Predictions are that the comet will brighten to about 5th magnitude, so
you'll still need a scope or binoculars, if it hits as predicted night-time
Australian time.

I'll make a quick prediction. The chicken littles of the world, and the
conspiracy nuts will suddenly become aware of this mission, and get all
twitterpated about it.
Some will worry that bits of the comet might break off and hit the Earth,
and try to stop the mission even after launch. Others will think NASA has
"known all along that this comet was heading for Earth, and this is designed
to stop it", conveniently ignoring both the ephemeris of the comet, and the
energy being released by the projectile.

Hoaxland and McCanney, and the Millennium Group will continue to claim that
comets are hot, electrified bodies, and not cold, regardless of
spectrographic evidence to the contrary.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this, because the display should be awesome.
For more data, go he

http://www.nasa.gov/missions/solarsy...-I_Arrive.html

and

http://deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov/index.html

I've even seen kooks claim that they are using DU for the
projectile and that this will cause a bigger explosion. How
they come up with such nonsense I cannot fathom.

Old May 4th 05, 07:13 PM
Prai Jei

DrPostman (or somebody else of the same name) wrote thusly in message
:

Some will worry that bits of the comet might break off and hit the Earth,
and try to stop the mission even after launch. Others will think NASA has
"known all along that this comet was heading for Earth, and this is
designed to stop it", conveniently ignoring both the ephemeris of the
comet, and the energy being released by the projectile.

Temple isn't a threat of course, but DI *is* a rehearsal for the real thing.
--
The problem it was designed to solve, wasn't a problem.

Interchange the alphabetic letter groups to reply