Climate change

Old July 23rd 09, 06:32 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing

Default Climate change

On Jul 23, 8:44*am, Morten Reistad wrote:
oriel36 wrote:

The Earth turns at 69.17 miles *every 4 minutes at the Equator and

You keep repeating this, even though it is wrong. Since no one
else has corrected this, I will.

The noon, sunset and the dawn does move, on average, 69.168 miles per
4 minutes. But in respect to intertia and stars it moves 69.358 miles
per 4 minutes. Almost exactly a thousand feet more.

Now I have said it.

Depending on the frame of reference, you are both right.

If you ignore the fixed stars and only look at the sun's frame,
oriel36 is correct. If you look at the bigger frame, Morton is
certainly correct. That's because it is OK to look at just one frame
or the other, as long as you are aware of them both.

Unfortunately, oriel36 has a real problem even acknowledging any frame
other than the Earth-Sun duo, and this severely limits his enjoyment
of the hobby. He really doesn't understand that celestial mechanics
can be, must be, considered from many points of view in order to have
a chance of understanding the Way Things Really Are.

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of
focus."
- Mark Twain

\Paul A

Old July 23rd 09, 08:15 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jul 23, 4:44*pm, Morten Reistad wrote:
In article ,

oriel36 wrote:
On Jun 30, 3:11*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
oriel36 wrote:
* *Rotation of bodies, including the Earth has nothing to do with the
* *equation of time. The Equation of time deals with the "solar day" and
* *elliptical orbit of the earth about the sun.... totally independent
* *of the measure of rotation of the earth. - * Sam Wormley

The Earth turns at 69.17 miles *every 4 minutes at the Equator and

You keep repeating this, even though it is wrong. Since noone
else has corrected this, I will.

The noon, sunset and the dawn does move, on average, 69.168 miles per
4 minutes. But in respect to intertia and stars it moves 69.358 miles
per 4 minutes. Almost exactly a thousand feet more.

Now I have said it.

turning with a slower speed towards the geographical poles,it is so
fundamental and enjoyable that I welcome any of those websites which
show that if you turn a world globe once,you will turn 1 hour through
15 degrees and 24 hours through 360 degrees -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF85O9SJCaE

http://www.ncgia.ucsb.edu/education/...ts/u014/tables...

I don't really consider you or anyone else anything at the moment,only
unbearable for doing what you do for no good reason other than you
have an indoctrinated story built up in your head.The spirit of a
nation is about individual freedom to do your best,not the
indoctrinated ideologies which condition things to a dull and dour
consensus which is why all the empiricists here detest faith and
intuitive intelligence which balances the spirit of an individual with
the productive background of a nation.

Let me get this right. You consider the notion that we want to
be able to observe things by ourselves, or someone we trust, and
to verify theories against those observations as indoctrination?

Or have I misunderstood?

I don't appeal to you nor do I mind if you believe the 'sidereal time'
expresses daily rotation ,the great timekeeping system which links the
daily cycle with 24 hours is just one of those enjoyable things that
does not require too much effort to see how the pieces fit together
yet get it wrong and you lose planetary dynamics and much else.It is a
matter of finding people who like using modern imaging and can work
with planetary dynamics and cast a brief gaze at the amazing wordplay
and astrological framework of the last century.

So the 24-hour system is therefore an article of faith necessary
to pass muster in your astrological cosmology?

-- mrr

Here's what you do,get yourself to one of these globes -

http://www.aboutromania.com/World2.gif

Spin the globe 15 degrees and it will cover a distance representative
of 1669.8 km at the Equator and 837 km for the same 15 degrees at 60
degree longitude representing that the Earth is a rotating sphere,If
you rotate the globe through 360 degrees and back to where you
started,you will discover that the circumferences and rotational
speeds match where 1 degree equates to 4 minutes,15 degrees equates to
1 hour and 24 hours equate to 360 degrees -

http://www.ncgia.ucsb.edu/education/...s/table02.html

You are a newbie and that is fine,the unrelenting hostility towards
structural and timekeeping astronomy is well and truly noted as
participants and lurkers do the equivalent of the 'moon hoax' on
astronomy by the incredible ability to intentionally ignore the
efforts and achievements based on the rotation of the Earth through
360 degrees in 24 hours.

Old July 23rd 09, 08:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

oriel36 wrote:
[...]

degree latitude representing that the Earth is a rotating sphere,If
you rotate the globe through 360 degrees and back to where you
started,you will discover that the circumferences and rotational
speeds match where 1 degree equates to 4 minutes,15 degrees equates to
1 hour and 24 hours equate to 360 degrees in terms of distances
travelled at the respective latitudes -

http://www.ncgia.ucsb.edu/education/...s/table02.html

The unrelenting hostility towards structural and timekeeping astronomy
is well and truly noted as participants and lurkers do the equivalent
of the 'moon hoax' on astronomy by the incredible ability to
intentionally ignore the efforts and achievements based on the
rotation of the Earth through 360 degrees in 24 hours.There are too
many nuisances attaching themselves to the technical matters under
discussion and it is not an exercise in convincing the astronomical
equivalent of 'moon hoaxers' that the Earth turns once in 24 hours
with all the history and technical details behind it.
Old July 23rd 09, 09:26 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing

oriel36 wrote:
[...]

Trying to teach Oriel36 anything is like trying to nail Jello to a
tree, or herding cats, he must have a very short attention span, to
say nothing of a very narrow perspective.

"Reality is independent from perception."*
Old July 23rd 09, 09:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Dave Typinski[_3_]

palsing wrote:

"Reality is independent from perception."*

How do you know that? ;-)
--
Dave
Old July 23rd 09, 10:07 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing

On Jul 23, 1:34*pm, Dave Typinski wrote:
palsing wrote:

"Reality is independent from perception."*

How do you know that? *;-)
--
Dave

Well... that's what I've been told.... but someone also once told me
that I was gullible, and I believed them... ;)

\Paul
Old July 23rd 09, 10:38 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Jul 23, 5:13*pm, Morten Reistad wrote:

This is what Galileo fought against. Blind faith that does not
acknowledge the value of reality, nor even the existence of it, but
stays put in a circular framework of ancient texts.

Even in astronomical matters the ancient texts expose your wretched
condition -

" Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands
of Orion? Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst
thou guide Arcturus with his sons? Knowest thou the ordinances of
heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth? "

http://etext.virginia.edu/etcbin/toc...&division=div1

The constellations move with the seasons and the return of a star in
any given constellation to the same meridian takes 365 days 5 hours 49
minutes,the only acceptable reference for the stellar background being
the Earth's orbital motion through space.

The great author of Job can still remind people and especially
Christians,just how little they actually know and the great symphony
of planetary dynamics ,the Sun and multiple influences which go into
making existence possible and enjoyable .Astronomy was already
thousands of years old when that author mentioned with pride his
knowledge of the stars and constellations in context of the seasons
while everyone here betrays astronomy for a silly inversion of
references which tries to obliterate the seasonal motion of the Earth
through space or the antecedent geostatic view of the seasonal motion
of the constellations.

Just like the name oriel suggests, with the associations to fibonacci
numbers and inwardly closed series.

-- mrr