Orion nebula

Old December 19th 04, 01:01 PM
Pete Lawrence

Default Orion nebula

Very clear night in Selsey Friday/Saturday. Still working on this
image so no details shown on it yet.

Tracking was slightly off (stars are not points) and there's a bit of
noise in the image. I have lower ISO versions to add into the mix
later.

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M42-20041218.html

Canon 10D at the prime focus of a 4"f/9 refractor. 14x 120s @ ISO800.

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Old December 20th 04, 03:39 PM
Mike Murphy

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:01:18 +0000, Pete Lawrence
wrote:
Very clear night in Selsey Friday/Saturday. Still working on this
image so no details shown on it yet.
Tracking was slightly off (stars are not points) and there's a bit of
noise in the image. I have lower ISO versions to add into the mix
later.
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M42-20041218.html
Canon 10D at the prime focus of a 4"f/9 refractor. 14x 120s @ ISO800.

Very nice, Pete, lovely colours. I was laid up with a cold so couldn't
take advantage of the sudden lack of clouds.
- Mike
Old December 21st 04, 04:38 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 15:39:15 +0000, Mike Murphy
wrote:

Very nice, Pete, lovely colours. I was laid up with a cold so couldn't
take advantage of the sudden lack of clouds.
- Mike

Thanks Mike, sorry to hear about the cold

Colour was a bit off and the elongated stars weren't good so I've
re-processed it. Same address as befo

Old December 21st 04, 08:09 PM
Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

wrote:

Very nice, Pete, lovely colours. I was laid up with a cold so couldn't
take advantage of the sudden lack of clouds.
- Mike

Thanks Mike, sorry to hear about the cold

Colour was a bit off and the elongated stars weren't good so I've
re-processed it. Same address as befo

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M42-20041218.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Home of the Lunar Parallax Demonstration Project

Pete.
Looks great. I do like the offerings a 10d can produce.

You had elongated stars in the old image as you say, when you reprocessed it
have you removed the elongation or used new images. If you removed them, how
did you do it.
Thanks
Steve

The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Old December 21st 04, 08:27 PM
Pete Lawrence

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:09:28 +0000 (UTC), "Steve -
www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Very nice, Pete, lovely colours. I was laid up with a cold so couldn't
take advantage of the sudden lack of clouds.
- Mike

Thanks Mike, sorry to hear about the cold

Colour was a bit off and the elongated stars weren't good so I've
re-processed it. Same address as befo

http://www.digitalsky.org.uk/DSO/M42-20041218.html

--
Pete
http://www.digitalsky.org.uk
Home of the Lunar Parallax Demonstration Project

Pete.
Looks great. I do like the offerings a 10d can produce.

You had elongated stars in the old image as you say, when you reprocessed it
have you removed the elongation or used new images. If you removed them, how
did you do it.

I put some effort in Steve and disgarded the images that had non-point
stars ;-) I take so many images in a session that I just throw
everything into the mix on first process. If it looks interesting, I
re-work it, disgarding any frames that degrade the image.

Sorry if you were looking for a process to actually remove the
elongation!

Old December 21st 04, 09:30 PM
Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

"Pete Lawrence" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:09:28 +0000 (UTC), "Steve -
www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

And I was hoping there was some magical program that could help.... Oh well
you never know until you ask... thanks Pete
Steve

Old December 22nd 04, 06:23 AM

But perhaps you have a special program to remove the spaceship from
centre left? ;-)
*
Nice picture Pete. Palomar would be proud. :-)
*
Regards
Chris.B *;^}#