solar cover that "breaths".

Old July 24th 03, 04:11 AM
RWhitfi647

Default solar cover that "breaths".

Is there a weather proof telescope cover that is "beathable" so condensation
can escape. I have a solar cover but it doesn't breath. A friend said he bought
a Astrosystems cover at a star party that is white to reflect heat and it is
"beathable". Where can I buy one?
Old July 24th 03, 02:06 PM
etok

"RWhitfi647" wrote in message
Is there a weather proof telescope cover that is "beathable" so

condensation
can escape. I have a solar cover but it doesn't breath. A friend said he

bought
a Astrosystems cover at a star party that is white to reflect heat and it

is
"beathable". Where can I buy one?

When you say "breathes" and "white" I am reminded of DuPont Tyvek, a
material used in the building trades.
It is inexpensive. There are companies that use Tyvek for clean-room
attire. It "breathes" and feels quite comfortable, while keeping unwanted
material (including water) out.
In the building trades, Tyvek is used as a vapor barrier, letting moisture
escape as vapor, but not allowing it to penetrate as a liquid.
Does this sound like it would make a great material for a scope cover? It
certainly does to me.
Building supply stores--that's where you'll likely find it.

Etok

The Worlds Uncensored News Source