A hurrican can be broken up with a strong laser from a weather satellite

Old September 5th 05, 11:59 PM
Volker Hetzer

Barbara Schwarz wrote:
A hurrican can be broken up with a strong laser from a weather
satellite via a remote control from somebody on earth. Nobody has to be
in harms way.

That laser either circles the hurrican and keeps it in place till it
loses strenght in the ocean or it cuts through it and breaks it up in
less powerful storms. It is also possible to push a hurrican away from
land with such a laser.

Those NASA and Homeland Security "scientists" and officials take home a
huge salary but they don't come up with that solution? What is the
matter with them? Am I the only one thinking or what?

Huh?
How's this supposed to work? What kind of energy output are we talking about?
Old September 6th 05, 12:31 AM
TeaWreckes

"Barbara Schwarz" wrote in message
oups.com...
A hurrican can be broken up with a strong laser from a weather
satellite via a remote control from somebody on earth. Nobody has to be
in harms way.

That laser either circles the hurrican and keeps it in place till it
loses strenght in the ocean or it cuts through it and breaks it up in
less powerful storms. It is also possible to push a hurrican away from
land with such a laser.

Those NASA and Homeland Security "scientists" and officials take home a
huge salary but they don't come up with that solution? What is the
matter with them? Am I the only one thinking or what?

Barbara Schwarz

Yes! We could also attach the 'lasers' to the head of ferocious man eating
sharks, or if those are not available, ill-tempered sea bass...

"All I wanted was a frickin' rotating chair..."

Old September 6th 05, 10:16 PM
Cardinal Chunder

Fritz Weaver wrote:
On 4 Sep 2005 12:56:26 -0700, "Barbara Schwarz"
wrote:

That laser either circles the hurrican and keeps it in place till it
loses strenght in the ocean or it cuts through it and breaks it up in
less powerful storms. It is also possible to push a hurrican away from
land with such a laser.

A laser is light and light travels in a straight line so it can't circle a
hurricane. There is also the problem of a laser pushing anything especially
clouds.

Not to mention sheer absurdity of a laser with massive energy
requirements being pointed at a storm system containing mind buggering
amounts of energy. I'm sure that a laser could proscribe a circle with
mirors or whatever, but what the point of that would be has yet to be
explained by babbling Babs.
Old September 7th 05, 12:19 AM

Cardinal Chunder wrote:
How does a laser light keep a hurricane from moving please o wise one.

She didn't suggest the laser light would keep the hurricane from
moving, but rather break it up. You can break something up while it's
still moving - witness a thrown glass bottle hitting a wall, or a
hurricane crossing cold water.

The outstanding problem with Barbara's idea is the lack of suitably
powerful lasers, not the basic idea.

1) Hurricanes are heat engines that are sustained with specific air and
moisture flow patterns.
2) Lasers can heat air, and can definitely heat water vapor (as found
in clouds), thereby causing expansion and flow.

If you started generating hot spots where a hurricane needed cold areas
for proper hurricane-type circulation then, yes, you might break it up.

But then rude reality intrudes: the most powerful available lasers
might as well be laser pointers compared to the amount of energy
required to heat cubic kilometers of air and megatons of water vapor.
Nuclear bombs may not be adequate (and they'd annoy the EPA more, too).

Mike Miller

Old September 7th 05, 08:55 PM
Tilman Hausherr

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 22:16:25 +0100, Cardinal Chunder
wrote:

Not to mention sheer absurdity of a laser with massive energy
requirements being pointed at a storm system containing mind buggering
amounts of energy. I'm sure that a laser could proscribe a circle with
mirors or whatever, but what the point of that would be has yet to be
explained by babbling Babs.

More about her:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Schwarz
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/barbara_schwarz.html

Old September 8th 05, 03:56 PM
Eldonbraun

Barbara Schwarz wrote:
A hurrican can be broken up with a strong laser from a weather
satellite via a remote control from somebody on earth. Nobody has to be
in harms way.

Barbara,

Maybe you shoule pray that a satellite can break up your schizophrenic
hallucinations.

The reality you are seeing and hearing and experiencing is not shared
by other people. Not even one single other person. No, not one.

You are all alone there. Do you want to remain isolated? Remember that
LRH said, "Reality is agreement." Do you remember that?

Well, you have no agreement from anybody here. NONE! Thus, you are not
in reality. You can commplain about that fact all you want, but you
can't find a single person here who agrees with you. Does that tell you
anything?

You will be all alone in your alternate reality until you realize that
not everyone here is your enemy or means you harm. I am not on a
satellite, and I'm not some enemy of mankind. I'm just a guy sitting
here in Paris typing on his own computer. I have friends and allies and
enemies, but I am human and at least somwhat sane.

Why do I know that? Because other people tell me so. That's all. What
do other people tell you?

Old September 9th 05, 02:53 PM
Nog

"LawsonE" wrote in message

"Barbara Schwarz" wrote in message
oups.com...
A hurrican can be broken up with a strong laser from a weather
satellite via a remote control from somebody on earth. Nobody has to be
in harms way.

That laser either circles the hurrican and keeps it in place till it
loses strenght in the ocean or it cuts through it and breaks it up in
less powerful storms. It is also possible to push a hurrican away from
land with such a laser.

Those NASA and Homeland Security "scientists" and officials take home a
huge salary but they don't come up with that solution? What is the
matter with them? Am I the only one thinking or what?

That's been the subject of science fiction for many decades. The problem,
of
course, is that in order to test the theory, you need a super-strong laser
mounted on a satellite. Either we don't have lasers that strong mounted on
satellites, or their existence is classified. Either way, they're not
likely
to be involved in any public testing of anti-hurricaine procedures.

A satellite is kind of far away to shoot at a hurricane. Why not mount it
on a ship?

Old September 9th 05, 02:55 PM
Nog

wrote in message
oups.com...

Cardinal Chunder wrote:
[...]

You need to dump millions of tons of Jello under the storm to stop the storm
generator.

Old September 11th 05, 06:42 PM

Cardinal Chunder wrote:
Yes she did:

Whoops, that'll teach me to skim too fast.

Mike Miller