Losmandy Titan, HGM Titan, HGM-150, HGM-100--I'm confused!

Old January 5th 06, 09:24 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Default Losmandy Titan, HGM Titan, HGM-150, HGM-100--I'm confused!

There seem be to a bunch of confusingly named large Losmandy mounts. I
build caster assemblies to let you roll Losmandy mounts, and now that I
am beginning to get orders from owners of the bigger mounts, I am
increasingly confused.

One customer had a Losmandy Titan--a few years old. It had legs that
were 2.77" inside diameter, and much like an overgrown G-11--a tube
that is cut at a 30 degree angle where it meets the ground.

Another customer had a Losmandy HGM-150. The legs were 2.76" inside
diameter--but instead of just a 30 degree angle where the tube meets
the ground, there was a circular flange at the end of the tube, with
three threaded bolt holes in the edges of the flange.

Now, Losmandy is selling something called the HGM Titan. Scott
Losmandy tells me that the inside diameter of the legs is 3.25".
Pictures that I have seen look like a larger version of the G-11.

Is there a history of the big Losmandy mounts out there? Even
better--if you have one of these mounts, can you send me a photograph
and micrometer measurement of the interior of the leg?

Clayton E. Cramer
http://www.scoperoller.com

Old January 6th 06, 07:18 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

ebay item 7577527261 is for a GM 150 and you can see why the HGM-150
had the three holes drilled into the tube ends.... it wears shoes

HGM is Hollywood General Machining, maker of Losmandy gear.

I am sure the Titan and the newer name for it HGM-Titan don't mean
much, it sounds like Scott just upgraded to the new Super Tripod.

So you've got 5 tripods to deal with... GM8, G11 (old Titan), HGM-150,
HGM-200, and the new HGM-Titan tripod

Old January 9th 06, 04:17 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

I just thought I'd mention that my older G-11, which has a non
height-adjustable tripod, has feet. Yet another variation to take into
account.

--
Joe Bergeron

http://www.joebergeron.com

Titan Final Stats Ed Kyle Policy 3 October 31st 05 01:41 AM
Titan Final Stats Ed Kyle History 11 October 24th 05 11:23 PM
UA's Cassini Scientists Ready for First Close Titan Flyby er Amateur Astronomy 0 October 26th 04 07:14 AM
UA's Cassini Scientists Ready for First Close Titan Flyby Ron Astronomy Misc 0 October 25th 04 08:35 PM