Chapt47 Atomic theory Syllogism #424 Atom Totality 4th ed

Old May 15th 11, 07:38 PM posted to sci.physics,sci.astro,sci.math,sci.logic
Archimedes Plutonium[_2_]

Default Chapt47 Atomic theory Syllogism #424 Atom Totality 4th ed

Subject: Atomic theory Syllogism; Chapter 47 Atom Totality theory

Chapter: the world's most finest Logical Syllogism; if this is not
universal, then nothing is universal

Democritus said words to the effect: " The only things that exist are
atoms". He said that some 2200 years ago.

Feynman, 1963, in his book "Lectures On Physics" : " All things are
made
of atoms" as the Atomic Theory.

Now I ask you. None of us dispute that whenever we point to a
material
object we know it is composed of atoms. When we point to mass and
matter we know it is composed of atoms.

So we have no trouble with either Democritus or Feynman. But there is
trouble, and the trouble comes when we ask what about the Universe
itself as a entity, a structure. Is it a non-entity as the Big Bang
would
conclude?

Archimedes Plutonium after 1990 said " All things are made up of
atoms
and the Universe itself is one big atom".

The point I want to make is that my statement completes the logical
beauty of the Atomic Theory. Democritus and Feynman statements
leave out one missing piece of the puzzle. You cannot say "the only
things that exist are atoms" nor can you say "all things are made up
of atoms" and ignore the Universe itself.

If the Universe is a entity and has structure then Feynman would be
corrected by saying " All things including the Universe itself is
made
up
of atoms, and the Universe must be one big atom."

So the argument for the truth or falsity of the Atom Totality theory
can be started by this simple LOGICAL Syllogism. That it completes
the
beauty of the logic.

And other universals that we commonly know and talk about such as
these:
(1) speed of light is a universal constant
(2) photons have no rest mass
(3) universal laws of Maxwell Equations
(4) universal laws of biology such as cell theory and DNA
(5) universal truth of mathematics
(6) universal truth of logic

So, if the Atomic Theory requires a exception that "All things
except the Universe itself is made up of atoms". Then, are there any
universals? Are there exceptions to the speed of light as constant?
Are there exceptions to photon rest mass? Are there exceptions to
all
those listed above which we commonly think of as "universal".

In other words, if the Atomic Theory is not a universal, then
nothing is universal.

If the Atomic Theory is my statement-- "All things are made up of
atoms and the Cosmos itself is one big atom" then you have LOGICAL
COMPLETENESS. You do not have that hole or gap in logic. And you
have
the
world's most beautiful LOGICAL SYLLOGISM.

And the above is an example of where pure thought can derive the
truth
of a situation without requiring experimental or observational proof
or
data. I listed a sequence of evidence that supports the Atom
Totality
theory-- Olbers paradox, 2.71 K microwave blackbody radiation,
explanation for why pi, e, fine-structure contants have their value,
missing mass solved, color of cosmos, density and location of
galaxies,etc etc. These are getting into the details of supporting
evidence.
But the logical syllogism is an arguement of sheer beauty. Unless
you
accept the Atom Totality because of the Logic alone, then you have a
gap in science.

This is the sense in which I mean for mathematics. Mathematics is an
entire scheme of deduction. Deduction is synonymous with
mathematics.
You cannot have mathematics without deduction.

Now take the World's finest Syllogism-- All things are made of atoms.
We deduce the Universe or Cosmos is a thing. We thence deduce the
Universe is also one big atom. It is different from other atoms
because it comprises the entire Universe.

But if we are to deny this deduction of the finest statement in all
of
Physics, then we deny the subject of mathematics and logic as unable
to be a science, because deduction is limited.

Mike wrote:
a_plutonium wrote:
.
Archimedes Plutonium after 1990 said " All things are made up of

atoms
and the Universe itself is one big atom".

Why not two or three, or k, and not just one?
Mike

In a sense, you are saying the Universe is not a single big atom but
molecule or compound.

The deduction of the syllogism denies your 2, or 3, or k.

Because the deduction overrides the 2, overrides the 3 and the k.
Consider what happens if the Universe is 2 big atoms, then as a 2
big
atom entity is a single entity and thus 1 big atom comprises the
entire
Universe. The same is done for the supposition of 3 or k.

The Logic reduces to 1 big atom as enveloping the entire Cosmos into
1
big whole.

So when you say "All things are made up of atoms" That statement
forces
the whole to be 1 big atom, not 2 , not 3, nor k. The Logic of
deduction of the statements "Only atoms exist" " All things are made
up
of atoms". Those two statements of the Atomic Theory force the
conclusion that the whole is one big atom itself.

----

a_plutonium wrote:

--- quoting from Feynman's Lectures on Physics text 1963 ---
I-2 Matter is made of atoms

If, in some cataclysm, all of scientific knowledge were to be
destroyed, and only one sentence passed on to the next generations
of
creatures, what statement would contain the most information in the
fewest words? I believe it is the Atomic Hypothesis (or the Atomic
Fact, or whatever you wish to call it) that ALL things are made of
atoms-- little particles that move around in perpetual motion,
attracting each other when they are a little distance apart, but
repelling upon being squeezed into one another. In that one
sentence,
you will see, there is an enormous amount of information about the
world, if just a little imagination and thinking are applied.
--- end quoting ---

Feynman stated the ATOMIC THEORY as "All things are made of atoms"

Feynman did not state it as "All things, except the Cosmos itself, is
made of atoms"

Democritus stated the Atomic Theory similar to Feynman.

Now, whether you start with Feynman or Democritus statements. You
have
to include the Cosmos or Universe itself.

Either you "except" the universe or you "include" the universe.

So when you start from Feynman, you amplify Feynman:

Feynman: All things are made of atoms
A.P. : The Universe itself is a "thing"
A.P. : either it is an atom only a big atom at that, or it is not an
atom
A.P. : if it is not an atom then the Universe is something other
than
an atom and the Feynman statement needs to be altered to "All
things,
except the Universe itself, is made up of atoms.
A.P. : if the Universe or Cosmos is an atom, a big atom, then All
things are made up of atoms stands true.

a nitwit wrote:
The earth is full of human beings - therefore the earth is a human

being?
--

The statement in this discussion is ALL things are made of atoms.
What

Earth is not an "all".

(1) All things are made up of atoms.

(2) The Universe is a thing.

(3) Therefore, either the Universe is an atom or not an atom.

(4) If an atom then Feynman and Democritus are correct in their
statement of the Atomic theory.

(5) If not an atom, then Feynman and Democritus and everyone else who
writes down the Atomic theory have to modify theirs. They have to
say
"All things, except the Universe itself, is an atom.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/