What If God Put Life On Mars?

Old January 16th 04, 11:43 PM
Painius

Default What If God Put Life On Mars?

"Steve Dufour" wrote in message m...
A Midwestern Muslim
Hesham A. Hassaballa
Beliefnet.com

What If God Put Life On Mars?
A Muslim asks, If we one day discover life on Mars, does that mean
religion had it all wrong? . . .

. . .
So, if we ever do discover life on Mars, I would say, "Glory be to
God, Lord of the Worlds." In fact, maybe the Qur'an even hinted that
there is life on other planets by giving God the title, "Lord of the
Worlds." We'll just have to wait and see.

As a physician, I often wonder at what sort of organism a Martian life
form would be, and if I had to guess, I would say that scientists
would discover cockroaches. They can survive in any condition. And
then I would know for a fact that God has a sense of humor.

'Lo Steve --

And don't let anybody try to tell you that this is off-topic
for astronomy. It falls more on the philosophical side of
science, but this is a very real concern for most people.

It actually scares many people to think of the possible
outcomes of space travel and communications in the
areas of religion, politics and so forth. This is why there
are some people out there trying to sabotage the space
programs.

Now more to the question...

What if there is intelligent life on Mars who practice a
different religion? or *no* religion.

What if they turn out to be right and you turn out wrong?

Yes, i know. These are perennial questions since this
very situation already exists right here on Earth. After
studying religion for many years, I have concluded that
we shall have to wait until we die to get the answers...

and if it's too late?

too bad, so sad.

God imprisons us, and then sets us free!

God says we have a choice: Believe in him or burn in
Hell.

This is a choice?

Some choice.

I really don't want to seem like the ungrateful child, but
if God really loves us, why does he give us such ****ty
"choices?"

--
happy days and...
starry starry nights!

Paine Ellsworth

Old January 17th 04, 12:38 AM
Rick

"Painius" wrote in message ...
God imprisons us, and then sets us free!

God says we have a choice: Believe in him or burn in Hell.

This is a choice?

Some choice.

That's the whole point. It's not a choice. It's mind control.

Without the Grand Pubah, there's no basis for moral authority
for Judaism, Christianity, Islam or most of the world's other
major religions. Getting people to believe in a sky fairy, and
the resulting threat of judgment and eternal hellfire are the very
foundation of mind and behavior control, which are the actual
goals of these religions.

My father, whom I consider to be a far greater moral authority
than any priest or rabbi I've ever met, used to tell me as a kid,
"All organized religion is evil." It took me 40 years to finally
wake up and realize he was right.

Rick

Old January 17th 04, 11:00 AM
carlp

"Painius" wrote in message
God imprisons us, and then sets us free!

God says we have a choice: Believe in him or burn in Hell.

This is a choice?he whole point. It's not a choice. It's mind control

//////////////////////
No I will burn like most in a Crematorium, and that will be the end of me,
except maybe in the thoughts of living family and friends.
Religion is the enemy of the human race, if there were a GOD he is a right
******* a turd, not worth a thought less worshiping.

Old January 17th 04, 05:27 PM
Steve Sutton

There is life elsewhere in the galaxy, and in galaxies other than our
own. The idea of God is a construct of early Man, who was unable to
comprehend science and needed something that would explain the "magic"
around them. I'm disappointed in the Human Race for not outgrowing the
need to believe that the supernatural is real. Everything is natural,
thus nothing can be supernatural. Given enough time and knowledge,
everything can be explained in ways that are not even remotely related
to the supernatural.