Apogee and Perigee of earth for 2004

Old January 15th 04, 09:29 PM
Ardeet

Default Apogee and Perigee of earth for 2004

Hi,

Hoping that I (an astronomical newbie) can get some help on these questions:

1) What are the dates and times of earth's apogee and perigee for 2004?

2) Is there a website that people would recommend that has accurate raw data
such as this? (without any astrological extras)

3) Is there a search engine/database that astronomically oriented people
prefer? (I tried several of the main ones to get an answer to this question
and did not succeed)

Thanks in advance,

Ardeet

Old January 15th 04, 10:11 PM
John Zinni

"Ardeet" wrote in message
Hi,

Hoping that I (an astronomical newbie) can get some help on these

questions:

1) What are the dates and times of earth's apogee and perigee for 2004?

2) Is there a website that people would recommend that has accurate raw

data
such as this? (without any astrological extras)

3) Is there a search engine/database that astronomically oriented people
prefer? (I tried several of the main ones to get an answer to this

question
and did not succeed)

Thanks in advance,

Ardeet

Hi Ardeet

It is a testament to the scientific rigor of astrology that you manage to
find any hits at all for Earths apogee and perigee!!!
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/Apogee.html
http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/astronomy/Perigee.html
(The Earth is always pretty close to the Earth :-)

Try Google: Earth Aphelion Perihelion 2004

or go here ...
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/EarthSeasons.html

Old January 15th 04, 11:05 PM
Dr. Min

Old January 15th 04, 11:06 PM
Dr. Min

Old January 16th 04, 01:13 AM
Ardeet

Excellent, thanks for that John.

Amazing how actually using the right term gets results (and now seeing the
definitions I get the joke :] )

Thanks for the help,
Ardeet

Old January 16th 04, 01:22 AM
Ardeet

Daniel,

Thanks a lot for putting these together. It's a huge amount of useful info
(about 1/3 through looking at the links so far). I appreciate the effort.

Regards,
Ardeet

"Dr. Min" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, "Ardeet" wrote:
1) What are the dates and times of earth's apogee and perigee for 2004?

Sun 1.0166936 AU 5-Jan-2004 10:52:28 UT
Sun 0.9832969 AU 2-Jan-2005 0:35:11 UT

*Lunar Perigee and Apogee Calculator
http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/pacalc.html

*Perihelion, Aphelion, Equinoxes & Solstices:
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/EarthSeasons.html

*DOWNLOAD FREEWARE Astrolog 5.41G (V. Abramov):
(includes oscil lilith, stores minutes:seconds,
obliquity to the ecliptic, TDT-UT delta etc.)
http://www.bdcol.ee/astrolog/changed/a541gwin.zip
http://www.bdcol.ee/astrolog/changed/

*DOWNLOAD FREEWARE Swiss Ephemeris (JPL-DE406):
ftp://ftp.astro.ch/pub/swisseph/ephe/

*DOWNLOAD FREEWARE Shadows Sundial Program:
http://web.fc-net.fr/frb/sundials/gb/defaut.htm

*DOWNLOAD FREEWARE Carte du Ciel:
http://www.stargazing.net/astropc/index.html

*DOWNLOAD FULL-FUNCTION DEMO of SkyMap:
http://www.skymap.com/smp_eval.htm
ftp://ftp.ttp.co.uk/smp9eval.exe

*1965 NASA Dictionary of Technical Terms:
(compare modern dictionary definitions)
http://roland.lerc.nasa.gov/~dglover...y/content.html

*Precision Solar System Data:
http://www.solarviews.com/eng/data1.htm#orb
http://www.solarviews.com/eng/data2.htm#phy
http://www.solarviews.com/eng/homepage.htm
http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/features...anetsfeat.html
http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/phys_props_planets.html
http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/elem_planets.html

*Precision ACS Int'l Atlas (Shank's):
http://www.astro.com/cgi/aq.cgi

*Precision Julian-to-Gregorian Dates:
http://www.norbyhus.dk/calendar.html

*Precision US Map Coordinates:
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/default.aspx

*TopoZone (cf. terraserver):
http://www.topozone.com/

*Precision Int'l Map Coordinates:
http://www.maporama.com/share/

*Precision UK Street Maps:
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/

*Precision Ancient Babylonian Astronomy:
http://www.spirasolaris.ca/sbb2c.html

*Time Series Analysis & Graphics:
http://www.spirasolaris.ca/time1.html
http://www.spirasolaris.ca/times2.html
*See also:
http://www.spirasolaris.ca/
But be sure to separate facts from opinions,
strict calculations from flights of fantasy;
otherwise, these are very interesting pages.

*Miscellaneous Reference For Periodic Events:
http://climate.gi.alaska.edu/Curtis/astro1.html

Hope that helps,
Daniel Joseph Min

*Min's Interlinear Translation of the Apocalypse:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...amesh-Frog.org

*Min's Newsgroup-Archived Home Page On The World Wide Web:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...amesh-frog.org

Old January 16th 04, 08:19 AM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Ardeet
writes
Daniel,

Thanks a lot for putting these together. It's a huge amount of useful info
(about 1/3 through looking at the links so far). I appreciate the effort.

Another top-posting no-snipping moron responding to our favourite troll.
Plonk.
--
Rabbit arithmetic - 1 plus 1 equals 10