Accountability and 'predictions'

Old October 22nd 12, 08:54 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default Accountability and 'predictions'

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...2901b6d990.561

There was a time when the 'scientific method' and all the voodoo of
'predictions' could be practiced without responsibility or
accountability so this verdict is far from dumb as ,for the first
time,reckless assertions have consequences and especially when the
wider population is bombarded with 'predictions' from people who live
off modeling and not interpretation.

This is good for humanity despite external brakes being applied - the
trick is to restore a balance rather than have an external agency do
it for the community.

Empirical predictions indeed !,there is no courtroom in the world
that could handle the fallout of the inability to predict the cause of
daily temperature fluctuations.

Old October 24th 12, 06:52 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On 22 Okt., 21:54, oriel36 wrote:
fluctuations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19706812

Just keeping it interesting.
Old October 25th 12, 01:31 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Oct 23, 11:52*pm, "Chris.B" wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19706812

Just keeping it interesting.

I could understand it when people started giving away or throwing away
old electronic organs (not Hammonds, but the other ordinary kinds)...
but genuine acoustic pianos, even ones in good condition!

But then, a lot of people don't have much available space.

John Savard
Old October 25th 12, 06:57 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_3_]

"Quadibloc" wrote in message ...
On Oct 23, 11:52 pm, "Chris.B" wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19706812

Just keeping it interesting.

I could understand it when people started giving away or throwing away
old electronic organs (not Hammonds, but the other ordinary kinds)...
but genuine acoustic pianos, even ones in good condition!

But then, a lot of people don't have much available space.

John Savard

======================================
Yeah, well, my Steinway grand was taking up too much space
in the observatory and I needed more room for my orchestra,
the second violins were complaining their tennis courts were
on my golf course and interfering with their days off, so it was
either the Steinway, the dry dock for the yacht or the hangar
for the Lear that had to go. Just not enough space...
-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
Old October 25th 12, 07:14 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On 25 Okt., 02:31, Quadibloc wrote:

I could understand it when people started giving away or throwing away
old electronic organs (not Hammonds, but the other ordinary kinds)...
but genuine acoustic pianos, even ones in good condition!

But then, a lot of people don't have much available space.

John Savard

I believe the lack of space lies in the owners brain's. Ours is now
truly the society of instant gratification. Where anything (except a
new personal skill) can be bought for a price. Few can master the
subtlety of touch and endless hours of hard work involved in learning
to play any instrument well. At least well enough even to admire our
own skills. Let alone receive the plaudits, or awful truth, from
friends and family.

We live in a society of bought proxies. Where others entertain us with
their remarkable gifts and skills for mere money. While we all pretend
to have some innate importance as passive watchers. None more so than
with music. Where the unskilled buy their musical prestige (again by
proxy) with a ridiculously expensive audio system. Which, in the worst
cases, is often installed by others more competent but less wealthy.

Once upon a time those who could not afford the real thing made
realistic models of them by their own skills and craftsmanship. Now we
buy models of the real thing and rely on computers to avoid having to
actually learn the skills to handle the models ourselves. Humans are
already becoming models of the real thing as they float in virtual
reality. Passive watchers of all that goes on around them.

Where such "living" conditions were once the province of kings and
princes many can now afford to exclude all physical and intellectual
activity from their lives. Except, perhaps, for the semi-passive
labour of becoming fat and sick. Some even become fat and sick by
being fed. While they lie, like some grotesque, alien species. On the
soiled bed from which they never rise. We can all be kings. For a
price.
Old October 26th 12, 06:51 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

Den torsdag den 25. oktober 2012 Androxychloride boasted:

Yeah, well, my Steinway grand was taking up too much space in the observatory and I needed more room for my orchestra, the second violins were complaining their tennis courts were on my golf course and interfering with their days off, so it was either the Steinway, the dry dock for the yacht or the hangar for the Lear that had to go. Just not enough space...

Good grief! I had you down as a penniless whino.

You must must be almost as wealthy as Win Ja$oy, The Beloved Chinese Dictator.

Now we know why he suppresses his people and the media so ruthlessly. He's only protecting his personal (family) fortune! $2.7 billion? That's almost as much as Combover$Oy has amassed from global misfortune.

It's always been about the money after all. Nothing to do with communist principles. No wonder so many Chinese industrial despots have been able to build an obscene pile on slave labour camps. They've been paying huge, tax free backhanders to the Win Jia$oy family to avoid awkward questions.

They say that Beloved Vlad the Poo$in is worth several times the Chinese despot's entire family fortune.

I wonder if any of them have paid a vast fortune in income tax like Cardinal Mutt Rum$oy?

It's a nice little earner being a Beloved Leader, isn't it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20091675
Old October 26th 12, 09:01 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_3_]

"Chris.B" wrote in message ...

Good grief!
Nope, it’s “evil joy!”
You are never correct, even in your pejorative clichés.
Old October 26th 12, 05:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On 26 Okt., 10:01, Andro-oxyclone muttered:

Nope, its evil joy!

You are never correct, even in your pejorative clichs.

I say! That's a trifle harsh, don't you think?

No of course you don't.(think)

We had our first snow of this winter today.

It didn't pitch.

Just keeping it interesting.
Old October 26th 12, 07:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_3_]

"Chris.B" wrote in message

I say!
Speak louder, I can't hear you. And be brief, I'm obliged to
out-snip you and ignore anything over a sentence.