Talking to oriel36 is like ...

Old October 20th 12, 12:48 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

Default Talking to oriel36 is like ...

On Oct 16, 12:34*pm, Bert wrote:

badastrobuster wrote:
Making fun of the inmates of the 19th century lunatic asylums.

WHY DO YOU DO IT?

THE BASIC LAWS OF HUMAN STUPIDITY
by Carlo M. Cipolla

* * * * THE FOURTH BASIC LAW

* * * * Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of
* * * * stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly
* * * * forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances
* * * * to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to
* * * * be a costly mistake.

http://cantrip.org/stupidity.html

Excellent!

In which quadrant do the following voters (interviewed by WJR)
belong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q

0bama gets their votes, they get some money, the taxpayers get the
shaft.

Old October 21st 12, 01:55 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_3_]

"Martin Nicholson" wrote in message ...

Oriel36 clearly has serious mental health issues and I would have
thought that simple human compassion might dictate to readers and
posters alike that responding to his delusions was harmful.

If he was 100% igonored then there is at least some chance that he
will accept the help he so clearly needs.

Seconded
-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
Old October 21st 12, 02:14 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_3_]

"Martin Nicholson" wrote in message ...

Oriel36 clearly has serious mental health issues and I would have
thought that simple human compassion might dictate to readers and
posters alike that responding to his delusions was harmful.

If he was 100% igonored then there is at least some chance that he
will accept the help he so clearly needs.

That applies to all bigots, the health issues vary in seriousness.
Perhaps Kelleher’s therapy is to vent his frustration on astronomers,
but the root of his trouble is his love of integers and rational numbers.

Old October 21st 12, 07:20 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On 21 Okt., 15:14, Andrix (no relation) spouted:
snip snippety, snippery slope

but the root of his (Kelleher’s) trouble is his love of integers and rational numbers.

Did you really mean "rational"? Squirrel is excused maths!

Not wishing to dampen your spirits (hic!) but: I see Lourdes (what a
nice little earner!) is flooded on the day that the Poop, untouchable
Chairman of the world's most professionalised, systematically abusive
and predatory paedophile ring, announces a new bunch of saints. To
help stiffen up wobbly believers. As if there were a previous
shortage! (Just keeping it firmly off topic out of respect for
Squirrel and his bag of nuts)
Old October 21st 12, 08:18 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Oct 21, 6:14*am, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"
wrote:
"Martin Nicholson" wrote in ...

Oriel36 clearly has serious mental health issues and I would have
thought that simple human compassion might dictate to readers and
posters alike that responding to his delusions was harmful.

If he was 100% igonored then there is at least some chance that he
will accept the help he so clearly needs.

That applies to all bigots, the health issues vary in seriousness.
Perhaps Kelleher’s therapy is to vent his frustration on astronomers,
but the root of his trouble is his love of integers and rational numbers.

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Usenet thugs are fine when they are 3 thousand miles away but I assure
you,as a few here will testify,that you would be quite meek if you had
to look me in the face.

Now you all fancy yourselves to come from different backgrounds and
have differing opinions but that is not the case - you are all bound
top the lowest common denominator of being unable or refusing to
accept how the 24 hour AM/PM cycle is attached to the Lat/Long system
and corresponds to one rotation and one 24 hour day keeping in step
and bookended by a proportion of 1461 rotations,to the nearest
rotation,for corresponding 4 orbital circuits of the Earth.

This mess,and it is nothing like anything the people of this planet
had to face before,has many fathers and the problem is not the
technical assertions we inherited from previous generations but what
looks like the sheer incapacity to face this horror where the agency
with the highest profile in space .astronomical affairs posits false
information concerning our own planet.Rather than consult me on the
matter as I am eager to make for a transparent process of
recovery,they decided to obliterate all references to the 'sidereal
day' and the Earth's rotation so all that is left are secondary traces
from old websites,charming if you like the actions of those who
realize the game is up with an atrocity and go about destroying the
details -

What is the sidereal day? NASA says -

" A sidereal (pronounced sigh-dear'-real) day refers to the rotation
of the Earth measured relative to the stars. It is the time it takes
the Earth to rotate 360 degrees and is equal to 23 hours, 56 minutes
and 4 seconds."

http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/academy.../sidereal.html

I have been to JPL under invitation and that visit convinced me of the
priority of open discussion for a while and it will remain that way as
I no longer have to shove anything down the throats of these
doctorates with lifestyles,besides, I get satisfaction that I can do
with 30 dollars a month in internet charges what they can't do with a
17 billion dollar a year budget.That being said,it is a painful
experience knowing that readers could knowingly act in such a way as
to undermine the advancement of education through astronomy and
terrestrial sciences and the links between the two.

As for you Parker,well,some people react to hardships in a resigned
way whereas others use adversity as a point of departure for
creativity and productivity and that is the great secret within
Christianity,not as an imperative but as a gift .

Old October 22nd 12, 12:23 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Chris.B" wrote in message ...
On 21 Okt., 15:14, Andrix (no relation) spouted:
snip snippety, snippery slope

but the root of his (Kelleher’s) trouble is his love of integers and rational numbers.

Did you really mean "rational"? Squirrel is excused maths!
Rational: can be expressed as the ratio of two integers.
3.33333... = 10/3 is rational. sqrt(2) is irrational.
Unlike you I say what I mean and mean what I say.
Yes, I really meant “rational”, ****wad.
Talking to mathless Chris.B is like talking to Oriel36
Old October 22nd 12, 06:08 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

On Oct 21, 1:18*pm, oriel36 wrote:
you are all bound
top the lowest common denominator of being unable or refusing to
accept how the 24 hour AM/PM cycle is attached to the Lat/Long system

We don't reject or deny the Standard Time system of time zones, each
one corresponding to both 15 degrees of longitude and one hour of
time.

But *here* is where we part company:

and corresponds to one rotation and one 24 hour day keeping in step

why does the 24 hour day have to be a "rotation"? It can be a rotation
relative to the Sun, yes, but you reject "external references". But
that's acceptable too - it can be a rotation relative to the path of
the Earth's orbit.

Relative to the Sun, though, the Equation of Time means that it can't
be a real physical rotation - the Earth would keep speeding up and
slowing down.

The angle between the Earth's orbit and a line drawn from the Sun to
the Earth, of course, changes during an orbit, but that doesn't mean
rotations relative to the Earth's orbit would be an exactly uniform 24
hours in length - Kepler's third law, of equal areas in equal times,
means another correction or "equation" would apply there.

On the other hand, to give you your due:

and bookended by a proportion of 1461 rotations,to the nearest
rotation,for corresponding 4 orbital circuits of the Earth.

You are not hypnotically wedded to rational numbers; you are willing
to accept the Gregorian reform of the calendar, and that even the
Gregorian approximation to the year in terms of 24 hour days, 365.2425
days, is an approximation - as this demonstrates.

You refer often to the Julian year, but that is simply to emphasize
the relation between the day and the year; doing so has led to this
confusion.

John Savard
Old October 22nd 12, 07:37 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

One 24 hour day keeps in step with one rotation of the Earth and when
a time comes that a perverse ideology contends with a fundamental
fact,the wider population can be certain that our species is in deep
trouble.I do not hold a single individual over the intervening
centuries accountable for the mistake,after all,it is not immediately
obvious however I do hold this generation accountable as they can
clearly see how the 24 hour AM/PM cycle works with the Lat/Long system
while the Ra/Dec extension is a step too far.

What would you have the people of the planet do ?,submit to modeling
ideologies which originated with a poor conclusion back when clocks
were just becoming available and more accurate.Is it not enough that
with trillions of dollars/euro in equipment and technological
advances that the entire community disappears before a simple fact and
a mistake that attached itself to it !.Is this what centuries of
innovation,adaptation and invention have come to when there is not
enough intelligence and courage to assent to the fact that days and
rotations keep in step ?.

I have to see an organization like NASA try to veer away from the
mistake rather than dealing with the error in a transparent way,an
error that brought every area of science into disrepute where
astronomy meshes with terrestrial sciences and none of you have a
sense of responsibility much less the shame that happens when people
try to bury and obliterate traces of wrongdoing as what happened here
- this is a holocaust mentality and it ends in the same.

Have a good look at the NASA fact sheet for the Earth and when people
are sickened enough by the sight of the wrong value attached to the
Earth's rotation ,they they may understand just how little choice I
have.

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/...s&Object=Earth

Old October 23rd 12, 01:42 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur

"Quadibloc" wrote in message ...
[...]

I have to admire your dedicated tenacity, Savard. If only
you could persuade the idiot to time the transit of any
particular star he chose across any line of sight he chose
as I tried to do 10 years ago you might make progress,
but until the cretin gets off his arse and sees from himself
you will never educate the moron. He won’t do it because
a) It would prove him wrong and that would be unbearable,
b) he’d have nothing left to bitch about.

Old October 24th 12, 06:35 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On 23 Okt., 09:57, oriel36 wrote:
in a transparent way.

Boots off! Squirrel is excused interesting as well as maths.

Now that RottenApple's subsidiary, Feuxcon, has "recruited" enough
child labour rottenApple has finally been able to downsize to the
iSlave mini. So start queueing now!

If only obese Western children's clothing came with suitable pockets
to match all their other supersized dimensions it might even turn
round the obscene misfortunes of the tyrabehemothus.rex.

Those who can do. Those who can't use biased jury foremen to close
down the competition for their forced-labour products. Mining the
toxic factory lawns and putting up razor wire safety nets, to reduce
suicides, is not the same thing as Healthy and Safety at Work.

America. The land of monopoly. Where the streets are paved with
cocaine, muggers and the homeless.

Just keeping it interesting. ;-)