BBC2 program tonight

Old August 24th 03, 02:28 AM
Gaz

Default BBC2 program tonight

Was that some image of Mars or what? Was it a 12' or a 14 Meade he
used? I may start saving.......

Gaz
Old August 24th 03, 06:06 PM
Robin Leadbeater

"Gaz" wrote in message
om...
Was that some image of Mars or what? Was it a 12' or a 14 Meade he
used? I may start saving.......

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

It certainly was a beauty. I suspect it's not so much the scope you need to
save for though, it's the air fare to La Palma. Those steady skies are
probably what made the biggest difference

BTW have you seen this one? (My favourite so far)

http://sg-planets.org/mars/mars200308201721ut.jpg

Clear Skies
Robin

Robin Leadbeater
N54.75 W3.24
www.leadbeaterhome.fsnet.co.uk/astro.htm

Old August 25th 03, 12:02 AM
Gaz

"Robin Leadbeater" wrote in message ...
"Gaz" wrote in message
om...
Was that some image of Mars or what? Was it a 12' or a 14 Meade he
used? I may start saving.......

Gaz

Hi Gaz,

It certainly was a beauty. I suspect it's not so much the scope you need to
save for though, it's the air fare to La Palma. Those steady skies are
probably what made the biggest difference

BTW have you seen this one? (My favourite so far)

http://sg-planets.org/mars/mars200308201721ut.jpg

Clear Skies
Robin

Rob

if theres anything to turn a dedicated Dob user.........it's
astrophotography, my next choice is between a 16' Dbo or a 12' LX200.
It's when I see images like that I'm tempted away from the Dob! Not
for long thou!!

GAZ

Old August 25th 03, 12:53 AM
Wes Higgins

On 24 Aug 2003 16:02:12 -0700, (Gaz) wrote:

"Robin Leadbeater" wrote in message ...
"Gaz" wrote in message
om...
[...]

If your interests are only photographing the Planets or the Moon
you can have your cake and eat it too with a Starmaster Goto/Tracking
Dob or use a tracking platform .
I took the Mars image in the URL below with a 14.5 Starmaster Goto

http://www.astromart.com/messages.as...d=106909&page=

Thanks,

Wes Higgins